Oklahoma Teacher Here

Oklahoma Teacher Here.

On April 2nd we are beginning a teacher walkout unless the state legislature finds an acceptable long term solution to gaps in education funding, increases salaries for educators and support staff, and raises pay for most state employees.

I’ve been very surprised by the number of parents that have let me know they fully support this action. They’re tired of losing qualified teachers to neighboring states and they’re tired of their legislature prioritizing oil and gas over even the most basic educational needs. Don’t get me wrong, some parents are extremely displeased. But at the moment I’d say I’m one angry parent for every 5-6 that have voiced their support.

Do you support us Sup Forums?

Attached: ED2456BC-04C8-4A01-8AD8-3841D5601F0B.jpg (1087x1600, 183K)

How much do you be paid now and what is average rent I your area? So I am deside if yo are greedy or underpaid

I dont support schools and teachers at all, you are a brood of vipers that fill the minds of children with zog venom. Most of you should be tied up with stones and drowned in a river.

>Teacher on Sup Forums
That is concerning.

Hey look at this fuckin loon here lol

Attached: image.jpg (617x524, 58K)

If you send your children to public school you are a lunatic.

Agreed

Okie here.
Yes absolutely. As does just about everyone I know.

Pay right now: $33,000/Year ($2,200/Month)
Rent right now is $1000/month. Most of the teachers I work with live in apartments ranging from $600 to $1100 per month.

My wife and I are both teachers. We are hoping that with the raise we could get a three bedroom house and eventually afford to have kids. Right now kids aren’t an option unless we move out of state.

Attached: BD0C2041-5004-4D2E-A529-74DCDAB510F6.jpg (189x267, 20K)

School funding is really shitty for the state, I'll tell people I know to support this
Good luck faggot

How do you stand teaching niglets?

No, shut the schools down and mop floors for a living you nigger.

Well, it takes all types. I worked security before I got into teaching, so for years Sup Forums was a good outlet for my stories about minorities.

Thank you, I appreciate that.

Attached: 0CA39841-C7BF-4B6E-9D88-564DD6CF908D.jpg (380x400, 47K)

My moms a teacher in cali and she makes 90k a year

Agreed. Public education is nothing more than subsidized daycare where children's minds are raped and filled with kike brainwashing.

>Do you support us Sup Forums?
No. Literally the only thing that matters is your genetics. Public school is such a fucking waste. I would have a much easier time teaching an amish teenager of german decent than an adult nigger that has spent his entire life in the school system. Parents only use school as a form of free daycare, then you teachers force feed them the narrative. If they don't conform you physically ostracize the student, putting them in the hall or in the corner, then you give them shit grades and tell them they are stupid and evil. Schools are just leftest cult centers.

Future education will be entirely based on video libraries like khan academy.

Attached: day9.jpg (455x471, 128K)

i'm thinking along the lines that you signed a contract. if the state is not holding up their end then you are right to protest. if not then do the fucking job that we're paying you to do and renegotiate at the appropriate time

When I was a kid our school was closed down constantly because the teachers wanted more.
It did not work the state just lowered the requirements.

Go fuck yourself.

Like it or not, your job isn't to just teach kids their reading and writing (which you're fucking failing horribly at), but also to be decent fucking members of society. You even have the goddamn legal authority to do this with the whole in loco parentis thing, which has been around with a long damn time (i.e. long enough for your retarded ass to know about it going in) all while working, at best, half the year and making more than a giant as fuck percentage of the population and with better benefits.

Maybe, just fucking maybe, do your job to an almost acceptable degree, and then we might be able to talk about paying your lazy, piece of shit, worthless ass something. Until then, you're just an overpaid babysitter.

My mom's a teacher in tulsa, who has to teach (read: babysit) a bunch of rowdy niglets in a "learning disabled" class. There are a few there who do need help and genuinely try to succeed, but their help is stunted by hoodrat gangster kids. She has her life threatened on average of 2 times a month because she's white. One even pulled brass knucks on her, and the superintendent refuses to expel or suspend because "it looks bad on the school and we lose funding"
She makes peanuts, dispite teaching being a very important job in our society, so of course I support you guys.

It’s difficult some days to be honest, but my goal is to do what I can to help every kid that I can get the skills they need to for adulthood. I might not be able to teach Laquishadeesha the intricacies of valance electron shells, but if I can teach her basic note-taking skills and how to keep a daily planner then I consider that a victory.

Even if she fails my class and bombs the state test, if I can say I taught her a single life skill then I feel like I did something worthwhile. That’s the approach you have to take.

Attached: 006E63D7-00BC-4AB8-8AD6-00BB24B23409.jpg (460x426, 58K)

>larp larp larp
>larp!! larp?
>larp larp laaarp

i think i got what you're trying to say

>Do you support us Sup Forums

>Asking the government to solve any problem ever...

fuck no kill yourself

hehe, i make that each week

stay cucked faggot

this is what you get for working in the system and not creating value from scratch (ie business)

academia has failed society

the only people creating good in the world are entrepreneurs

you are literally stupid if you think you can do good in the system

NO. SAGE

>Half of the country is fighting for $15 an hour
>get paid more than $15 an hour in a shitty flyover state
>cry for more money
Fucking shit it isn't like you're in San Francisco. There's plenty of affordable housing in Oklahoma. There are plenty of apartments under $500 as well. You are much better off then a lot of people, yet you fucking cry and demand more.

I think that’s the life for some people and not the life for others. My personality is a caretaker personality, I’m happiest when I’m helping someone else achieve their goals. The world needs businessmen. It also needs teachers. I don’t need hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to be happy. But I think a raise that covers the cost of living increases over the last two decades is a fair demand.

And more than that, we need to increase funding. I:
>Get 750 sheets of printed paper a month for 135 kids. If a print a 2 page front and back study guide for each of them, that’s all my copies for the month.
>I have to get funding from outside donors to buy the gas for our buses on field trips.
>I have 22 textbooks for classes of 34 students.

These just aren’t the conditions that let me build up my students or help them achieve their dreams. That’s the big problem. I want to help them and I feel like I can’t. Tens of thousands of teachers feel like they can’t.

Attached: 288D1E5A-810E-4210-ACD9-8EC5E257CF57.jpg (241x209, 21K)

Two things:
(1) $15 an hour is the wage people want for doing things like sorting ketchup packets. Full time employees with jobs like education shouldn’t have to worry about making less than minimum wage. Our job is difficult and demanding.
(2) The $500 apartments here are not the type of conditions that anyone not addicted to drugs would willingly tolerate. To get halfway decent housing you need to go at least $700/month. Anything lower than that is either student housing or drug territory. For a two bedroom apartment, which we have because we regularly house family and friends, your minimum range is $850-$1000 per month unless you’re out in one of the rural areas.

I think teaching should be taken out of the hands of the state and be privatized. fuck the state. but for the most part you teachers are nothing more than baby sitters these days just repeating the propaganda of the state without question. still, I do hope you guys receive better benefits and wages. good luck.

Here's a tip. Walk on out. Shut the door and then just keep walking. We don't want your stinking teachers opinion anyway. Shitbird

did you try shooting your kids up to raise awareness?

>Force children during the best years of their lives into a shitty prison under the illusion of "education"
>Those kids eventually grow up. But they never forget the shit that that the schools put them through
>Eventually some of them get elected into the state's government
>In an act of revenge they cut funding for the schools
You deserve everything you got. Maybe if you were nice to those kids they wouldn't want to get revenge on you.

>ID: Cruel White House
fuck off drumpf

Attached: Meme image 112.jpg (640x640, 55K)

I know a teacher and know from them how shit the job is. Best of luck to you

Are you Soros funded? Will you be marching the streets in an angry mob? Protests disgust me. Union pickets are another matter.

This nation already wastes too much money on "education". I forget the actual numbers spent per pupil but compared to other nations it is ridiculous considering we have gotten worse and worse every year it seems. If money/rent woes are your problem then you should consider a different career path. The only thing I might agree with are getting rid of counselors/principals/administration in order to raise pay for teachers as those people are damn near USELESS. I have seen public education first hand and it is indeed daycare now. Mix in a little indoctrination here and there and viola ! You have hordes of super sensitive PC liberal soyflakes. The majority of the mindless college snowflakes you have now are products of "no child left behind". Just look at the timeline and how things progressed.

Also, I would not be opposed to some sort of manual labor program for the morons that like to fuck around. Many I think would benefit learning a trade as opposed to sitting in a classroom annotating articles or attempting to learn things they will never use in real life. The ones that don't like to work with their hands can either shape up or stay in said labor program til age 18.

Reminder that lead is the cause on why so many americans are actually retarded because some twats kept using lead paint for decades even though it was known that it caused brain damage
Some of these people have probably ended up as politicians

Attached: 1520774167862.jpg (569x802, 118K)

Based on your salary, you are new to this. So let me explain. Its government work. Its the product of decades of union shenanigans, throwing the future under the bus for a quick payday You see, your union screwed you to enrich your colleagues who have been there for 20-30 years, do the bare minumum, and make twice as much as you. And, after paying less into a pension scheme than you, will draw more in retirement than you ever will.
Note your salary schedule; almost zero growth in pay until you are 5 years in; by then your ambition is killed, you settle in like a little cog in the giant machine, keep your mouth shut, and quitely whittle away in your corner until retirement.

You are striking to help your fellow lazy colleagues, not yourself. You will not see the fruits of this. If you want to see your pay grow and are seroius about staying in education, get your principal's license. Move up the ladder.
Or go private sector and work on developing/selling curriculua, or hell, TI calculators.

>typical shortages for a poor rural school district.
I tried the teaching gig myself, they didn't even let me issue books...for my science class.
You sound idealistic and new to the teaching game; you repeat the education department sales pitch almost verbatim. What subject do you teach?

Eyy my Tulsa nigga. Well, I'm in BA but close enough.

Attached: 1516156557053.gif (200x200, 91K)

White kids in public education aren't liberals. They know it's kid prison with colored. It's also a great counter organization place.

>"Something needs to be done about our children's poor education!"
>"Let's stop teaching them!"

Education is first