Times that anons hyped something for you and it ended up being good

I finally started to watch Gintama and I'm having a blast. It starts a little bit slow but from episode 13 or so it's consistently hilarious. I haven't laughed out loud with an anime in a long time, but this is doing the trick.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iXpGVuaQwXo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kemono Friends, it was magnificent.

In my opinion Gintama got good around episode 26 after it went really, really good.

Boku no Hero Academia

Usually don't like shounens too much but the first 2 episodes were goosebump inducing. Music did a lot for me (though it got repetitive later)

I have been laughing since 13. One of the shinsengumi members was casually playing badminton instead of doing his duties, and they played the joke really well. The shinsengumi skits are hilarious.

Shinsengumi literally get some of the best arcs, I love those guys.

anons kept telling me to watch boku no pico so i watched the entire series and it was great.

It was LoGH. I was sure I'd hate it after hearing countless anons praising it and jerking off it's dick. I went in with the highest expectations and it somehow managed to meet it. Granted, it wasn't the big gray morality and political intrigue show that I was expecting (the actual villains were pretty bland if you ask me). It actually got me through it's character developments and interactions.

Slam Dunk and Ashita no Joe. People write them off for being long or sports anime but they truly are pillars in the medium.

People write off Ashita no Joe? Ludicrous, it's almost on the same level as Rose of Versailles, high-tier Dezaki.

What sets Slam Dunk's anime apart from the manga?

Yuru Yuri I guess, although the screenshots mostly spoke for themselves and got me more and more excited until I was ready to watch

I love how far they take it when they're doing a gag based on a reference to other anime or manga. Most comedy anime would just throw a quick wink wink nudge nudge then move along, Gintama goes all out and makes it an entire arc, sometimes even roping in the original voice actors for the parody characters.

the animation?

you laugh easily , most people like it after at least 25 episode , dor me i started liking it after 100 episodes

are you me user ? logh was 9/10 for me tho

you forgot to mention/watch something?

a real man wouldn't have gotten so much as a scratch, let alone an embarrassing scar

I was sold on Eyeshield 21 as someone who really wasn't into American Football and binged until just before panther showed up and it was an absolute delight. I even got into the sport because of it.

>watching 100 episodes of an anime you don't like
what the hell

Hyouge Mono

if you already are having good time that early on, you'll be loving the stuff from 2nd year onwards.

Believe it or not, some series do literally require a lengthy warm-up and introduction section to work well. Forming an emotional bond with the cast and seeing their daily lives adds so much extra impact to the moments when SHTF.
Not to mention in Gintama's case, the later airing slot + increased budget really improved the overall quality and feel of the series.

Scars are experience points.

Same. I avoided most spoilers save for deaths of a few important people because anons can't shut up about it. I'm glad I did well on those 110 episodes, had a lot of time and spent each minute well watching the show.

outside of a handful of episodes I legitimately hate the anime for it's pacing. I'd suggest reading the manga if you haven't already, it's nothing but pure hype up until a certain fight, although since then people have been shitposting it into Oblivion because it feels like the series has peaked already.

user, why are you lying on the internet?

Nobody watches 100 eps of something they don't like.

Tell that to one piece fags and their "it become good in ep 1000"

Garou vs saitama, what a fucking good fight, the webcomic is soooo good

It's pointless to say anything to one piece fags. It's like telling the wind about childhood, or talk to a hari krishna about work.

Not that user but I slugged through watching every Hitman Reborn episode . Even though I would repeatedly fall asleep every now and then just because it was so boring. Only I reason I kept slugging thought it was that I thought it would improve eventually. It never did. Overall a mediocre anime.

OPM.
before watching it I was planning to stop watching anime as a whole because it became extremely boring.
But OPM really blown my mind

I got tricked into watching Shitama and dropped it around episode 6

Gintama was good for it's first 100 episodes but the cursed sword arc and all the ones after that really made Gintama silver for me.
Yoshiwara in flames arc movie when.

Find an OP from any anime better then Gintama OP 13

youtube.com/watch?v=iXpGVuaQwXo

Protip: I hope you can but I doubt it

Best Gintama opening is very debatable. Basically any of them qualifies as long as it's chosen by Sunrise and not Bandai Namco pictures. Sunrise has some great taste in music. See also nichibros

watch more than 100 anime

jojo op 2

Same. Anime really introduced me into a lot of sports. Before I started watching anime, the only sport where I knew the rules of the game and could play it and like to watch it was Basketball. Eyeshield 21 introduced me to American Football, Haikyuu introduced me to volleyball, Inazuma Eleven introduced me to football, and recently I just finished watching the Baby Steps anime and got into Tennis as well.

Hidamari Sketch. It was all the wide posting.

Gintama, especially the first 50 eps, isn't suitable for a binge watch. That's why people with shit taste think it isn't funny.
You need to get attached to the characters introduced in those "boring" early episodes to appreciate gintama.

Funny thing is I had watched +200 (without including any ova/movie or other kind of shit) before watching OPM.
And it still blown me away every time I watch it

Gintama fans are literally brain dead.

>anons hyped
>Gintama
>OPM
Maybe, if you've only been on Sup Forums the past few days

But Kagerou, Day x Day, VS., Know Know Know, Kyou mo Sakura Mau Akatsuki ni, and Pride Kakumei are all solid OPs in their own right.

I mean, your response is also pretty brain dead so there's that.

>implying 200 is a big number

That was 2 years ago, also
FOR YOU

SamFlam

>Maybe, if you've only been on Sup Forums the past few days
I watching evangelion an it was shit

>you need to watch the first 600 episodes of gintama in reverse but only on Wednesdays and Sundays that's why people with shit taste think it isn't funny.

Gintamafags BTFO

>FOR YOU
Holy shit fuck off.

You suck at using the meme arrows, your post makes little to no sense. And I have probably been here longer than you, not proud of it at all.

Judging by this post. You've been here for a week. Fuck off.

>meme arrows

>fuck off.
You mean , FUCK ON
HAHAHAHA

>.
Why did you put this at the end you fucking newfag?

Sup Forums has been so much fun lately.

Gentoo sucked.

What was this meant to accomplish besides making yourself look retarded?

I saw Anons praising LoGH to heaven and back, so I was happily surprised when I finished it completely satisfied with everything (except for Reuenthal, who is a worthless piece of shit despite what Sup Forums says).

To show how stupid Gintama fans are. And it clearly worked. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that anyone willing to get through 50 episodes will likely be more engaged with the later ones.

The first ones were rather bad compared to what we're used to. The rest was okay I guess, but still not up to the rest if you ask me

I skipped from episode 6 to 26 and i started liking it and in really does gets even better after episode 50 because they started puting more effort in it.
You're the retard here, talking about something that you haven't watched.

Still not getting the point, huh? If it takes a fucking cult ritual to get into a comedy anime, there is clearly something wrong. If some people aren't willing to invest the time, pretending that it isn't the fault of the anime, is fucking retarded.
>it get's better after episode 7000

>And it clearly worked.
In which universe?
Almost no one can't stand the first 20 episodes, idk how you think that the series doesn't gets a lot better adter that points. The comedy really changed for some reason.

Calm down. You don't need to get so angry that you can hardly type.

It didn't entirely work, because I thought Gintama was good from the start. I disagree with the notion that you should watch 100 episodes of an anime you don't like for it to get good. Gintama from the actual beginning (Episode 3 in the anime) shows that it could set up a well-structured story that at I found funny and satisfying. I can see why the humor isn't for everyone, and I don't really expect everyone to like it, but I do.

>Still not getting the point, huh? If it takes a fucking cult ritual to get into a comedy anime
But it doesn't. It's comedy, you only need to see the introduction of the character and then skip to the good part.
Which part of seeing 6 episodes and then just skip to ep26 sounds like a ritual? Everybody always recommends to skips those episodes, if they wanna waste their time with them is their fault.

The comedy didn't change, and the first 20 episodes are still good. You'very just become spoiled by the later episodes after the enotional attachment really started to hit home. It strengthens the comedy without changing up much of anything with it.

*You've

Dude, It's not like episode 2 to 25 are bad. they are entertaining but not funny and you can skip them if you want.
I don't get which part of that is a "ritual".

>it get's better after episode 7000
>Comparing that when is just around 20 episodes.

>You'very just become spoiled by the later episodes after the enotional attachment really started to hit home.
I doubt it
like i said ,i skipped from Ep6 to 26 (i think), the direction and comedy was a lot better. i barely knew the characters.

>The comedy didn't change
No, i believe that he's actually right.

If the fanbase needs to make fucking rules just to get through their show, it's a sign that it's shit. Normally you'd just watch something from the beginning.

>it's a sign that it's shit.
>Everybody agrees that Gintama becomes the best anime comedy after episode 25
>After that is 100 hilarous all the time
>For some reason a fag says that the entire series is shit for having a weak start.

Ok, but my point was that was where the emotional stories start to occur. If direction changed at all besides that it was probably due to the cast more comfortably settling into their roles. Most long running series do that.

>20 eps are entertainig but not that funny
>The entire series is shit just for that
C'mon user.

Why are you talking about something that you haven't watched again?

>it's a sign that it's shit. Normally you'd just watch something from the beginning.
Again, It's not like those eps are bad.

Only going off of posts in this thread. The point is that if some people decide to stop watching due to the weak start, trying to pretend that it's their fault for not 'getting it' is fucking stupid. There is no reason to get angry that some people might not like the popular comedy anime that you like. You can go anywhere else on the internet and talk about it.

>The point is that if some people decide to stop watching due to the weak start, trying to pretend that it's their fault for not 'getting it' is fucking stupid.
But he's not saying that. He's saying that the entire series is shit because it gets good after episode 26.

>trying to pretend that it's their fault for not 'getting it' is fucking stupid.
But no one is doing that and it's not what that user was implying.

Idk man, quite a few early episodes are actually pretty funny in my opinion the hotpot and the panty thief episodes come to mind.

>trying to pretend that it's their fault for not 'getting it' is fucking stupid.
Who said that? who bullied you user?

You're the only one getting irrationally angry here.

Nah.

Did a Gintamafag touched you user? You're the only one that sounds angry for no reason.

>touched you

I guess that i'm right.

Why do ESLs think they can post on Sup Forums?

It's not against the rules.

Just started watching Gintama as well and feel exactly like you do. Haven’t laughed out loud like this in a long time. Got to episode 37 yesterday. The bit with Santa and his reindeer was too funny.

I used to say I love it when comedy series with a distinct cast suddenly has a serious arc where everybody's suddenly capable and not fooling around like Gintama's Benizakura arc and Keroro's Garuru Platoon arc but the current and last few arcs of the Gintama manga have been pretty shit for going all out on that.

>Gintama was good for it's first 100 episodes but the cursed sword arc and all the ones after that really made Gintama silver for me.
>Yoshiwara in flames arc movie when.
Noone but Tsukkifags cares about that arc anymore.

>Gintama hate

We are still there?