Why didn't he try to get the puzzle in ways that didn't involve card games?

why didn't he try to get the puzzle in ways that didn't involve card games?

You mean like Dungeons and Dragons?

You can't just take it, you need to win it in a game, otherwise it mindrapes you

so, you wanna tell me there are other ways besides card-games?

He literally did in his introduction arc, it didn't work. It's why he tries more underhanded and increasingly nefarious ways afterward, he knows Yami is the superior gamer to him.

Why didn't he play Gadgets and use the power of card advantage theory and superior consistency to eventually defeat the Pharaoh?

Yugi played Gadgets and Bakura didnt use them because they didnt fit the theme of his occult deck and didnt support the strategies his deck had

Who cares about themes when you have card advantage and consistency?

Bakura's Ring kinda proves that if you don't lawfully take the millinum item away through contest, it'll keep returning to the user or something.

Everyone in the anime/manga played decks that fit their style user, it's just how things worked there

you have the best the holder of an item in order to gain it, otherwise it wont give you it's power
the only way around it is to be GIVEN the item

Watching the sub of Duel Monsters at the moment, and I have three questions:
1. Why does Pegasus talk like a ghost?
2. Did the composer really think he could get away with ripping off the Exorcist's theme?
3. Not really a question, but holy shit I can't believe the eye-laser battle between Pegasus and Bakura wasn't dub-original.

1. brain damage
2. yes.
3. please dont consider duelist kingdom as an example of the rest of the show, the tone is about to change very drastically into the thing that made it beloved

inthe new movie some dude got bakura's ring and got killed by it

He did, the entire Shadow RPG arc revolve around him using Bakura's body to build a giant RPG remake of Ancient Egypt to have a rematch with the Pharaoh at RPG, the one he lost in the last pre-cardgame volume/arc.

Why isn't their style card advantage and consistency?

Sorry if I didn't make it clear, but I've seen Duel Monsters before (only dubbed, and as a kid); I'm watching the original Japanese version now to see how they differ.

In the manga, Bakura plain rips out Pegasus' eye and kills him.

>the Exorcist's theme
You mean TUBULAR BELLS

because that bores the casual audience. you'll never become a card celeb without gimmick.

But what if your gimmick is being boring and quiet and really good at card games?

Go back to facebook retard

Then it would not be YuGiOh anymore.

>ways that didn't involve card games
I don't understand.

You mean like the board game challenge he did at the end?

But that's the only way.

Season 2 is really fuckin' good.

>twitch presents will be right back

dubfags need to leave and so does this twitch garbage in general.

calm down faggot

The dub is fucking funny though.
Why would anyone want to watch the edgy serious original over it

Why would anyone want to watch the anime and not the edgy manga

I hope they properly animate the last arc someday