Who designed the scouters to blow up at 22k readings?

Who designed the scouters to blow up at 22k readings?

You think that Freeza scientists would have adjusted this to at least a higher reading since Freeza releases that much power in base simply by farting

Also something exploding that close to your ear I'm pretty sure you'd become deaf

>doubting lord freezas power
>trying to read lord freezas power
enjoy going deaf ungrateful mook

I don't think it's the high levels that blow them up. It's the quick change in levels.

Nah they consistently blew up around then before they got new ones

Power levels above 10,000 were incredibly rare. Most planets were like Earth and only had a couple people in the 100s. Even exceptional planets like Vegeta and Namek had almost the entire population in the low 1000s. Apart from mutants like Zarbon and the Ginyu Force, there was really no one out there who could break a normal scouter.

The Ginyu Force had their own special advanced scouters that could measure power levels in the hundreds of thousands, since they were the ones who would actually be fighting super strong people.

I am guessing its not just a number that changes otherwise it would just spit out an error message.
Maybe they absorb in a way and too much power just blows it up.

Freeza's base level was 530 thousand though, are we meant accept the grunts weren't allowed to measure their Lord just out of curiosity or to be put in their place and have direct proof that their leader had a base Power Level of half million?

FIRST RULE OF FRIEZA FORCE: DO NOT QUESTION LORD FRIEZA'S POWER OR ATTEMPT TO SCOUTER HIM.

Stop being faggots who over analyze minutia. It's just a cool way to visually illustrate how crazy powerful someone is. Like, "Wow, he's so powerful the thing broked. That's real powful!" That's the level of thought put into it. Laugh at it because it's hammy but still love it for viscerally being cool like normal men, god damn it.

I think knowing that he's the emperor of the universe with the power to easily destroy a planet was enough for them. Plus he told Nail his power level, so it wasn't a secret. It's probably just cheaper to make scouters that only go up to 22,000.

It's almost as if Toriyama was making it up as he went along or something. not that I'm complaining, it's a legitimate way to write.

It isn't about pure readings that make it explode, it's the energy spike. Frieza's scouter sitting on his head at 530,000 isn't going to explode until he suddenly jumps to second form

how the fuck do you think freeza was able to place a number on his power in the first place.

he obviously could be read by a scouter, since he cant very well expected to know the exact number of his own power.

Maybe he fought 2600 men rated 2000

It's just for dramatic effect.

It's not like they designed the scouters to blow up. It's simply that the older scouter models couldn't handle powerlevels that high.

Analogic vs digital.

Maybe there's a gigantic non-portable scouter at Frieza headquarters made specifically to measure him. It's the second one though, since the first didn't survive measuring his first transformation.

>THOT
What did they mean by this

Bulmas and I think Zarbon and Dodorias all exploded around 21-22k

Then the Ginyus had better ones that Freeza used and they could go in the hundreds, because they mearured Gokus level against Ginyu. Then whatever level Vegeta was at powering up against first form freeza broke it

22,000 is the highest number a soldier can attain working under Freeza. Anything higher than that and special talent gets you into the Ginyu Force, or Freeza's right or left hand man spot.

The scouters were designed to read power level of the average person. It blew up because Goku's power level climbed faster than the scouter can count and caused it to malfunction.

Cui?

18 000 or less

Pretty much. The heroes won because they used hit and run tactics and guerilla warfare to run circles around Freeza's army.

Good scouters are probably expensive. Most of the random henchmen just had cheap mass-produced models that exploded if they tried to register too big of a number.