Nuclear powered rocket to the nearest habitable planet

By using fusion powered ramjet rockets, I intend to send 1000 Anglo-Saxon colonists to the nearest habitable planet. Due to relativistic time-dilation, weeks would've passed while decades passed on Earth.

Once the colony is established, the ship's fusion reactors will be re-purposed to power the city I would like to call New Europe. The planet will be called Europa.

After that's out of the way, we set up massive hydroponics facilities, produce food, study animals as new forms of livestock, and breed at three times the replacement rate. Manifest destiny is the goal of this expedition as well.

We find sentient natives with stone age tech, we process them—no more mercy like last time!

Attached: The last hope.jpg (474x266, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bussard_ramjet
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ramjets need air

>fusion powered
>ramjet
>rocket

None of those things are even remotely related. Fusion is either electrical propulsion (Ion engine ie voyager) or impulse propulsion (bowing up bombs behind the craft). Ramjet requires air, hence the name ram air jet. Rocket is propelling the mass of a fluid out the back of the craft like a water gun, usually accomplished via chemical reactions like H2 and O2 or Kerosene or Hydrazine. If you want to make an Anglo colony at least figure out how space travel works first.

t. Aerospace engineer

I was going to say this

>ramjet
>in space

Attached: 1508907635538.png (645x729, 82K)

Technically, it's fueled by cosmic hydrogen. What the engines do is that they take hydrogen, fuse it, and use the energy to propel the craft. I should've specified.

Attached: Ramjet fusion engine..jpg (419x336, 45K)

It was either a ramjet powered by cosmic hydrogen or Antimatter. I chose the most cost-effective theoretical method.

and how do you plan to accomplish this?

Attached: 1493497108878.jpg (405x405, 33K)

>weeks
niggers can't into space travel

That's called time dilation. It happens when an object reaches a percentage of lightspeed.

You people need to get /fit/ and /lit/ for when the generation ships start rolling out. They're not going to let some losers on board.

The amount of fluid required by a ramjet is enormous. There's no way there's enough latent hydrogen and if there was the dragfrom that amount of fluid would destroy the vehicle.

Also the most cost effective method is project Orion/Daedalus, impulse propulsion. It can't be used because of the outer space treaty but is capable of producing 0.1c+

>Fusion is either electrical propulsion (Ion engine ie voyager) or impulse propulsion (bowing up bombs behind the craft).

Fusion can also be used by channeling the plasma through coils creating a subspace bubble. This bubble lowers the moment of inertia of the craft substantially. The plasma is then vented out exhausts on the rear of the craft. The lower moment of inertia allows the vented plasma to propel the craft at 0.99C. This is called an Impulse drive.

You want to approach relativistic speeds with a rocket? At least consider a solar sail for your magic flying machine.

Attached: 1383695259173.png (380x192, 139K)

Is 1000 even enough?

>Due to relativistic time-dilation, weeks would've passed while decades passed on Earth.
That's not how it works.

For the sake of clarity it's called pulse propulsion, not impulse. Impulse is the measurement used to describe effectiveness of rockets

thats not a thing nigger. do you even hear the words you say. fusion powered ramjets. ramjets burn fuel. fusion would convert hydrogen to helium. are you going to burn helium?

>The planet will be called Europa.

dear larping faggot, i don't think you know what an anglo-saxon is. the term was created for several purposes, and one was to make a distinction between britons and the cultures on the continent. calling an anglo-saxon colony europa is fucking insulting.

ignorant fuckstain.

flesh and space don't mix sweetie. Our only future is nanobot swarms with DNA databases stored within.

if i were a mod i would delete this thread and ban OP

Attached: banned.png (250x250, 33K)

Are you going back in time and collecting "Anglo-Saxons" from like 600 AD, OP?

Attached: 1517978284665.jpg (1073x552, 60K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bussard_ramjet

Do you know there are two types—one of which is for interstellar travel.

ok but where and what is the nearest habitable planet?

nigger its a bussard ramjet, it uses interstellar hydrogen
refer above

That is how it works

You are truly retarded.

Seriously cuz brits are a bunch of faggots lol.

Yep, it will.

Let's build a cheap satellite and stuff it with carbon-dioxide eating bacteria and shoot it off to Venus instead.

Venus belongs to the White Race.

That's also a great idea. Leave Earth to the shitskins and have Sol and space for the White Race.