Why do nips hate and bastardise chess so much? Also, does Sup Forums play it?

Why do nips hate and bastardise chess so much? Also, does Sup Forums play it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aBVl2MjcEJM?t=3m2s
lichess.org/0HndDXBj
youtube.com/watch?v=qrbOZ5wpJJc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good game user!

They say it's because shogi is superior, but it's because the chinese and europeans will forever dominate them in chess.

(Hikaru is american thus he doesn't count)

They're jealous that it's better than shogi.

I played chess well enough to draw against an IM about every third game, but it gets real fucking boring. I wasn't able/willing to put in the time to memorize enough games. Go is much more fun, but I'm bad at it.

it's just a shorthand for being smart, I don't think they really hate it

I honestly dont know Shogi that well. Is it more difficult or something?

youtu.be/aBVl2MjcEJM?t=3m2s
HOLY SHIT

They love intricate phalluses but dislike rules that don't let you self insert

It's very similar in structure, just different pieces with different movement rules

I don't know but I guess it's an unspoken rule to mess up the rules a bit whenever they include it. There aren't as many people there that focus on playing Chess to the level that they play Mahjong to do a similar treatment and a mundane treatment of the game would be boring and not-fun, naturally it also couldn't be mere mistake that they mess up the game every single time it appears.

It's not just that leading with your king is like swinging your heart as a flail, it's that the final move on both their parts are illegal

This is a perfect allegory for how retarded Geass is.

Look at the position when Kc6 at 3:22, after that, 2 black pawns SPAWN on the board.

It's like YGO, he summoned two black pawn tokens

>not playing shogi + go + chess combined

psssssh

basically

it's chess with more moves and rules to memorize

Hence the superiority of chess in more graspable logics and calculations, setting the stakes higher on each move.
Chess has a grace no boardgame can compete with (maybe GO).

"Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away"

>strat memorization: the "sport"
>good

I can't believe nobody posted "THAT" scene yet

>strat memorization

Are you serious? You could say that about the openings (which are sound and logical moves that any person with the smallest grasp of chess could follow), but you get 8 moves in and it's new grounds.

>strat memorization

there are too many possible chess games to really call it memorization, only the beginning is more or less always a set of openings, but really after some turns it becomes too convoluted

The Chess scene in NGNL was fucking hilarious though. It was so thoroughly stupid, I loved it.

lichess.org/0HndDXBj

hit me up sempai

I'm terrible at chess but if he move the king first then can't he win in 3 turns ? Why would that take 8 mins?

you have a problem with that? and not the end move?

Good game user!

Even if it's white to move this is completely winning for black.

Good game!

I'm interested.

youtube.com/watch?v=qrbOZ5wpJJc

Oh, so THAT'S how [gg] got its name. Clever.