Write the same scenario over and over

>write the same scenario over and over
>somehow put out your best work after three decades
You can't really call the man adventurous, but you have to admire Adachi for the level of quality he can put out despite being at it for so long. H2 was overrated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A-D6RwES6Ls
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I like Rough more. His early stuff is a bit too obvious and most of his recent work hasn't been anything special, but Cross Game is certainly up there.

>His early stuff is a bit too obvious
I think that was the style of the day.

Is it Autism?

I've only seen Cross Game (and don't read manga), and I loved it. May see Touch in the future.

I never really understood why Touch was so popular. It's not bad, but it isn't career launching material.

>I never really understood why Touch was so popular.
that's because you are stupid

I didn't say I disliked it, I just don't get why it was as popular as it was. I get the decision to put Mix in the same setting even less, but I guess he was feeling sentimental.

Didn't Mix basically make some characters from Touch die young so their son can be adopted or what was the connection again?

Not adventurous, just smart. Look at one of his more recent one-shot works and you'll see that he can write with variety (hell, he even wrote a historical samurai work one time). He just doesn't because he knows what sells.

Welcome to sports manga, the most predictable and boring genre out there.

Mostly catered by people who can't draw and cannot write a plot to save their lives.

That sounds more like Katsu. Mix is set at Meisei 30 years down the line and the only returning characters thus far are Nishimura, whose son plays an identical role, and the useless Meisei coach in a flashback.

>he even wrote a historical samurai work one time
It was set in the FUTURE, user.

How silly of me to ever make that mistake, must have been that lack of holes in the ozone layer that made me think it was in the past...don't know how I could ever have made that mistake.

Very first page.

My top three Adachi works:
Cross Game
Katsu
Hi Atari Ryoko

Touch is very close to my heart because it was my introduction to Adachi and it gave me plenty of feels back then, but to me, it didn't age well.
Tatsuya loses most of its charm after Kazuya's gone, and none of his rivals were engaging enough to me. Harada was pretty based tho.

>Harada was pretty based tho
His clones have been among the best characters in every single series Adachi used them.

I guess I should re-read it from the start, but I thought the mc was adopted and his father was some sort of promising player of the same school in the past.

That's definitely Katsu, Mix is the one with the two NBR brothers in a battery and the obvious forthcoming stepsister ending.

I don't know how to feel about Mix, the dynamic between the two brothers interests me but it hasn't really wowed me yet.

I am pretty sure that the brother and sister's father is the one I am thinking of. At least it's hinted at a bunch of times.

More than his Kotarou clones, for sure. I liked in Cross Game that Akaishi was pretty much Kotarou+Harada, which made me wonder why was Nakanishi inthere in the first place.

They aren't adopted, their parents remarried. Katsu is the only one I can think of that perfectly matches your description, but it is a somewhat similar setup. All for the step-imouto ending.

Fat jokes.

Yeah, it wasn't adoption, but it's close enough.

I've watched Cross Game 5 times. Mostly every other summer

I don't know why. It's just such a perfect anime for me. youtube.com/watch?v=A-D6RwES6Ls Yes there still a lot of subtle things to find and those are nice, but everytime I watch Azuma whiff to Kou for the first time, I'm hooked.

Touch is a perfect manga.

Reminder to watch the HDTV version of Touch and not the shitty Blu-ray version.

I know.

I agree. Cross Game was his best work. And H2 is overrated.

Both are true.

I've only seen Touch and I still can't let it go. I just find it so comfy. After completing it it's been my complementary background noise and anime I put on before I go to sleep. I'll definitely watch his other series after, I really like his art style.

I fucking loved Cross Game. But the whole part with a new neighbour that looks like the dead sister was bullshit.

I really enjoy Adachi's works although they're pretty much the same in storytelling but I really don't like how he just ends his stories before we eat to see them play at the Koshien such as Cross Game and H2

Cross Game is better.

The author does shit like that a lot