What is your opinion of this trash heap of a book?

What is your opinion of this trash heap of a book?

Attached: Effect_20180316_075825.jpg (694x1036, 131K)

Shouldn't you be in school

perkele

humanizes dumb nigger culture, had to read this in school

the palm wine drinkard is way better

>this book
>implying Sup Forumsedditors read any literature but cliffnotes to Evola and Kermit threads on /lit/

It boggles the mind to think that my high school made us read this, but books like How to Win Friends and Influence People were never on the syllabus.

Never read it.

Link?

Attached: germany.jpg (438x630, 47K)

WE WUZ YAMZ N SHIET

I kinda liked it. I like reading about savages and this shit had savages every which way. If you ignore the "fuck whitey" sentiment then it's pretty solid.

Just more propaganda fed to us in high school to try and make chimp culture normal.

Read it when I was a lefty. I still think it's a pretty good book. It's actually pretty redpilled, as it's about being conquered and having your culture lost and tribesmen subverted as a result. Also, it doesn't really paint the Africans in the greatest light but more of a realistic one (probably because it was written by an actual African Nog and not some white apologist).

It's the best counterpoint anyone could find to Heart of Darkness. Everyone liberal fellates this book endlessly because "muh cultural relativism" and everyone conservative hates it because "muh moral absolutism."

On a pure literary/writing standpoint, it's not even the author's best work--that being "Man of the People." It's not the best work of a similar paradigm illustration, see "A History of Infamy" and it's not the best work by an African author writing about the struggles of Africans in a whitening world, see "White Teeth."

It's honestly just easily digestible and it treats the reader's preconceptions about Africa with disdain and makes the reader feel like he or she might have been unfair to those proud people. It's not a book with any substantive literary merit, because it's literally a direct parroting of Moby Dick concerning root vegetables.

Could you elaborate more on it being a counter-point to heart of darkness? You have me intrigued

No, I'm reading The Karnau Tapes by Marcel Beyer. I didn't know blacks wrote books

If you consider this a counterpoint to Heart of Darkness, then you've severely misunderstood Conrad' masterpiece. I'll give you a hint, Imperialism/racism is a tool to explain something deeper.

Part 2 are 3 were kinda interesting. Part 1 which occupies over half the book is just "muh yams" and "muh kola nuts"

>a direct parroting of Moby Dick concerning root vegetables
wat?

I was deeply disappointed in Kubrick's last venture. Not Kubrick at all. An Impostor.

It was not correct - poorly depicted but well acted

No idea about the book mentioned

The author thinks that Joseph Conrad was a racist for 'otherizing' Africa.

quick rundown?
is it a romance or what?

>Things Fall Apart
Which is why POO GOES IN THE LOO

I’m a white nationalist and I look up to Okonkwo. He fights against the subjugation of his people in a similar way to me. An interesting part of the story was his exile and then returning to find that the youth were already indoctrinated so a makes a last stand of sorts. My take away from it is that the youth are the future and need to be worked on in order to secure the future.

Great read, would recommend.
Also the part were Okonkwo beats his wives on the wrong day so he is punished by the village is funny af.

Attached: F42B9377-57E8-4078-AF0E-EA293CC90E91.png (363x325, 99K)

I remember making jokes about my teacher being turned into a bike. When we were reading the book for my English class that teacher was sick that day and we had an African sub that day which lead to a ton of jokes. My favorite was yelling out look the book is talking while holding it when the sub was speaking.

The main character's son goes with the white man and converts to Christianity. How can black men compete?

Attached: IMG_2395.jpg (288x318, 26K)

By not turning their civilization into africa out of guilt.

>italian education

fucking yams man, didnt you read the book in hs?

I read it in HS. Nigger couldnt get out of his own way

this so fucking much. I have thought this same exact thought. why did I have to wait until I was an adult to realize I should try and be a better and more effective person? was it because I wouldn't listen? or did holocaust class not feel like I was learning anything of value so I tuned out?

Attached: IMG_1903.jpg (575x767, 92K)

>High School
We read Milton, Dante, and Shakespeare when I was in High School.

if some random african beating his wife and shooting at her for leaving the house counts as romance then yea

I read that in high school too, meh. A better one is pic related. Also written by a nog about modern Africa and based as fuck about American nog culture fucking up his country.

Attached: oad.png (229x346, 161K)

Basically OKONKWO is to fucking stupid to not nog out one single time in his life.

This is blamed on white missionaries

It’s about an African man who was respected in the tribe and how his life goes to shit with Europeans taking over and bringing new technologies and laws. It’s not a terrible book and it doesn’t really wash over tribal culture he beats his wife and the tribe chimps out and burns down a church after a converted tribesman takes a tribal mask off of an tribal elder.

Exactly this point.

I like it. People think it's a defense of african culture which i dont think it is, the book covers all the shit traditions of the africans and how their gods are fake. It denonstrates clearly that the west is better, but just posits how strange it is for an entire subjective universe to just disappear like that.