Gamers LN Summaries - Volume 8

It's time for another dose of misunderstandings™. Warning: this volume ends on a game changing (pun intended) cliffhanger and the next volume isn't out until December. Ooooh spooooky.

Previous Threads: desuarchive.org/a/thread/163596074/
desuarchive.org/a/thread/163781901/
desuarchive.org/a/thread/163850240/

Last time on Gamers: Both couples broke up, for insanely stupid reasons.

>Chapter 1: Keita goes to find Konoha to talk about his breakup. They're both confused about why Karen and Tasuku respectively would break up with their partners. Karen and Tasuku made it clear that they were still very much in love with their partners and that was the reason they had to break up. Somewhere along the way Konoha kind of figures it out, that Karen wanted someone else to have a proper chance. They end up in a park near Konoha's house, and as a joke, since she's been talking to him and cheering him up all day, Keita grabs Konoha by the shoulders and says "Please comfort me. In a sexual way." Karen shows up behind them, having heard only this line.

Karen is so hot, and soft, and cute, and I wanna make her a mother.

>Chapter 2: This time, Karen's perspective, from a few hours earlier. After the class trip, Chiaki called in sick, and Karen feels like she might've seen Chiaki when she dumped Keita. This makes Karen worried that Chiaki might be feeling down and just faking the illness, so she goes to Chiaki's house to see how she's doing. Turns out Chiaki is actually sick, and also didn't hear about either couple's breakup. After catching Chiaki up on the events, Karen says that she wants to win against Chiaki on an even playing field instead of being Keita's girlfriend by default because they started dating earlier. She starts to head home when she sees Keita and Konoha in the park nearby, and misunderstands™. The misunderstanding is cleared up and Keita asks Karen to be his girlfriend again. Feeling that it's still too early and their inertia hasn't yet disappeared, she rejects him, telling him "Right now, you're not the Amano-kun that I want to date." She regrets it immediately.

She's ok.

>Chapter 3: The group's relationships have deteriorated, even Keita and Aguri haven't talked to each other in their usual routine at the family restaurant. In an attempt the salvage the situation, Tasuku calls everyone together (expecting no one to show up). To his surprise, everyone shows up and starts talking happily as if nothing happened. Tasuku proposes a Christmas party, again expecting nothing. Again everyone is overjoyed at the idea and starts planning. On the way home, Tasuku walks together with Aguri and actually PROPERLY EXPLAINS HIS FEELINGS like a normal human being.
>Tasuku: "I can promise you one thing, I've seriously fallen in love with you." "I hope I can still one day properly confess to you." "When you confessed to me, I just went along with it to satisfy my lust" "Honestly, I completely forgot about meeting you in middle school. Disgusting, I'm gonna make myself puke." "I could never forgive myself if I took away your chance at happiness because of that kind of shallow relationship." "Amano got angry for your sake, you know. Faster than I did."
>Aguri: "I was going to give you that present that I was planning on giving to you on the class trip, but nevermind."
>Tasuku: "Then save it for when I confess to you."
>Aguri: "I'm pretty popular, I won't wait for you forever."
>Tasuku: "I know. I won't make you wait for long."

>Chapter 4: Keita and Aguri are at the family restaurant again, complaining about everything. In exasperation, they decide that it's a good idea to try acting like a couple to prove that they obviously don't have feelings for each other. Mostly as a joke, in the most cheesy and sarcastic way possible, they try telling each other that they love each other. Cue Karen and Konoha from the seat next to them hearing it. The Misunderstanding™ is cleared up quickly and the four start walking to the bus stop. On the way, Karen acts all clingy and jealous and has to be reminded multiple times that she's not dating Keita anymore. Konoha is sick of Karen's shit, and calls her bluff.
>Konoha: "So if you're really not dating him anymore, then I can set him up on a date with my sister, right?" No objections were raised, no objections were possible.

>Chapter 5: Keita and Chiaki goes on a date neither of them agreed to. It's like, literally 20 pages of just spaghetti everywhere. They run into everyone in the gaming club along the way, but run out of things to do, so finally Keita gives up and just invites Chiaki over to his house to play games. Kousei is extremely overjoyed to learn of this upon their arrival, and nearly sprints out of the house to give them alone time. When questioned about where he's going, he responds that he's going to go mess with a certain pervert. Keita and Chiaki end up playing a co-op platformer, and have literal perfect coordination. When Chiaki leaves, before she gets on the bus, she kisses Keita on the cheek. Keita is left disturbed as to how much his heart aches and how happy he feels about this.

>Chapter 6: Keita is about to go to the Christmas party at the Hoshinomori's place. Kousei decides not to come. Keita finds that he and Karen are riding the same empty bus together, and Keita purposefully decides to not sit with her, to avoid overstepping his boundaries. Karen is not very pleased and announces loudly about how cold the bus is, and how if only she could have someone beside her to keep her warm.
>Friendly neighbourhood bus driver: "Ah, I apologize, miss. Let me turn the heat up for you." Both Keita and Karen are now pouring sweat. Keita finally relents and sits next to Karen for even more heat. Arriving at the party, they have a random gift exchange, because apparently the group likes to watch their own friendships burn. Here are the gifts received:
>Keita gets a face massager (from Tasuku)
>Tasuku gets a girly handkerchief (from Keita)
>Chiaki gets a full set of moe focused LNs (from Konoha)
>Konoha gets a men's leather bag (from Aguri)
>Karen gets a men's handkerchief (from Chiaki)
>Aguri gets a high end game controller (from Karen)

>Everyone starts playing games, including a weird card game Konoha found in the student council room (made by Kaichou in Seitokai no Ichizon in the LNs, but most of you haven't read it. It matters to me damn it). Konoha, Keita, and Chiaki end up talking, and Konoha says she has a way to prove Keita and Aguri aren't meant for each other. Konoha tells them to imagine the other kissing their former partners, then asks them what they felt. Both respond in unison that they were incredibly happy. Keita excuses himself to go buy some drinks, and Konoha feels something is off, so she follows him, but not before whispering something to Chiaki. Konoha keeps bothering Keita about his answer, making him more and more annoyed. She corners him in the park nearby.
>Konoha: "You thought about it didn't you. You instinctively thought about my sister kissing someone else because I brought up the subject and didn't like what you saw, so you're using buying drinks as an excuse to run away now."
>Keita admits that he thought about it at the same time, and found himself unable to accept it. Konoha asks him to say clearly what he feels towards Chiaki.
>Keita: "It's love, ok...?"
>Feeling guilty, he tells Konoha that he's not deserving of either Karen or Chiaki because of it, and plans to stay out of their love lives from now on.
>Konoha: "I'm not going to let you do that. Look behind you, senpai."
>Chiaki is standing there, having been told earlier by Konoha to come to the park.

END OF VOLUME

Illustrations?

Pretty boring this time around, here's two that are actually nice.

When is this imouto ever not lewd?

THAT PIT

Pretty noticeable that the author forgot that this was supposed to be a comedy. All these misunderstanding arent even funny anymore, they just hurt and are utterly repetitive. Theres no variety, its just obvious events. Guess thats what happens when you drag something out for too long.

He says in the afterword that someone mentioned to him that it feels like the early volumes again, and he admits that he hadn't noticed.

Fucking Konoha.

Best girl
Shame they downgraded her in the anime

I like both her perflat and perfat versions.

I really hope homewrecker doesn't win. Even a "no one wins" ending would be better.

Surprise Konoha ending or we riot.

There's no point to misunderstandings if they are going to be a momentary gag.

Konoha deserves to win. She should just forget about Chiaki and take Keita for herself.

Keita's brother is creepy as hell

What happens when you make the brocon a male.

It's so stupid, these break ups are so stupid. This is did not need to happen. It's just making drama out of nowhere.

Muh dick

kousei is best girl

From the earlier volumes, the haunted house scene in the LN has to be the most convoluted and retarded scenario so far. It's almost as if the author went out of his way to make an attraction and the characters as retarded as possible to culminate in the final scene with Keita and Aguri. I'm not mad about this series; I couldn't be after going into it despite knowing there would be a marginal amount of video games. I'm impressed. The author and editor must be having a blast coming up with inane misunderstandings and still keeping the ball rolling.

Tendou is still winning, right? Please say yes.

No. Chiaki will wi and Konoha will also get her share.

are you fucking kidding me
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

Karen doesn't even deserve to win at this point. She's retarded and Keita is much better off with any of the other girls.

Being a comedy was a misunderstanding.

thanks for the summaries. i hope to god this entire story gets resolved soon, these 'misunderstandings' are starting to lose all fun in them. it feels more like any other mediocre romance drama instead of a comedy

You know, I don't really care but any idiot should be able to see that it's all gonna lead back to Karen. It's wrong to actually say ''winning'' It's just unneeded drama to create some tension.

Karen is worst girl so I hope she doesn't win. Literally every other girl is a better match for Keita.

I'll concede with the second half but in what way is she worst girl?

You know user, those are opinions. The only real contender is Chiaki and she is a homewrecker. You call Tendou worst girl based on the opinion that you think she is the worst match for Keita, which doesn't even have to be untrue. But there is a lot more then just ''that''

She's a bit boring when she's not being bullied. The other girls have something else going for them

He thinks so just for the opinion that she doesn't match Keita at all, which shouldn't even be a deciding factor at all. Karen is a nice girl. So I fail to see how Karen can be worse then Chiaki who is a homewrecker. I will not forgive her for that.

Other than being in love with Keita, what can you say about Karen's character?

You can say the same about Chiaki.

exactly what each other has going for them that makes them better? because the only thing I can see is being a better match to the mc and that's not a quality, except for konoha, if you're into that kind of thing

Chiaki is a game dev with social anxiety issues whose first crush wasn't Keita but Tasuku.

A nice girl who falls in love with a drok, through his unique view upon games and gaming in general. Who is not one dimensional enough to be a lost puppy to the mc and actually think for herself. While the volumes to clearly state that there are many other girl more suited to Keita, the volumes till now have shown them continueing and exploring each other character and finding more out between each other. We are essentially reading a relationship.

None of the characters in this show are complex like you're trying to word here user. It's a freaking romcon with misunderstandings.

>ok point
>bad point
>irrelevant point

Not that user but shit man, so ''complex''

Thank you user.

And damn, I really hope Karen wins this shit. I mean, breaking up with him was pretty stupid, but it's like the world is against her, nobody is on her side.

She doesn't deserve to win. She doomed herself to witness how Keita impregnates Chiaki and forms a family of NEET gamers together.

>She doesn't deserve to win.
If were talking about ''deserving'', Chiaki is the last one who does after she became a homewrecker. So not a solid argument there user.

Not that I was taking you seriously anyway

Fucking this. I hope she realizes that soon.

>as a joke, since she's been talking to him and cheering him up all day, Keita grabs Konoha by the shoulders and says "Please comfort me. In a sexual way." Karen shows up behind them, having heard only this line.

Konoha > Aguri > Karen > Chiaki

>The misunderstanding is cleared up and Keita asks Karen to be his girlfriend again. Feeling that it's still too early and their inertia hasn't yet disappeared, she rejects him, telling him "Right now, you're not the Amano-kun that I want to date." She regrets it immediately.
COME ON

>i hope to god this entire story gets resolved soon, these 'misunderstandings' are starting to lose all fun in them.
Hahahahaha. No user. It will never get resolved soon. You should have known misunderstandings are here to stay forever. You might hate it, but you can't stand to not keep on reading.

They can't stretch this anymore.

>Seitokai no Ichizon
I like that shit. So who ends up with who there?

Ken gets with everyone.

Seems Konoha will end up like the maid in masamune.

So she'll win?

No, she won't. I know what that user is talking about but it's very different from what he is refering to.

>Tasuku: "I can promise you one thing, I've seriously fallen in love with you." "I hope I can still one day properly confess to you." "When you confessed to me, I just went along with it to satisfy my lust" "Honestly, I completely forgot about meeting you in middle school. Disgusting, I'm gonna make myself puke." "I could never forgive myself if I took away your chance at happiness because of that kind of shallow relationship." "Amano got angry for your sake, you know. Faster than I did."
>Aguri: "I was going to give you that present that I was planning on giving to you on the class trip, but nevermind."
>Tasuku: "I know. I won't make you wait for long."

Fucking finally.

>I know what that user is talking about but it's very different from what he is refering to.
?

Vol 9 when?

I'm guessing a lot of the moment to moment humor gets lost when you're only following the story through 7-post long fan translated summaries of each volume.

It's still real to me damn it!

Did the Karen NTR ever stop?

No. She even shoots herself in the foot when Keita comes back to her.

And with that the Keita x Aguri ship sinks straight to the bottom of the ocean

Never

Konoha is too good for this shit. She should just let them all explode their relationships with each other to death and come over to my home play eroge with me.

It's a romcom misunderstanding with complex characters! They may have stock interests and tropes, but the way their personalities evolve makes them pretty interesting and relatable.

This, fuck the anime for pandering to pedos