What's the point of being a mangaka if you can't draw and you only use photoshop?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DJUmK0Qr7X0
youtube.com/watch?v=psAn2SQ3hKU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you're good at writing stories and only want what you envision to show it off

have you heard about innovation?

At least shopped backgrounds are better than no backgrounds

Have you hard about being lazy and a hack

t. Tite Kubo

If you can get ink arranged onto a page to form an image, what's the problem?

Why don’t you try to make a manga with only photos and photoshop?, you have two hours to make 30 pages. I am waiting.

And I am expecting the same quality of Inio’s works.

if you don't want that people use technology just don't read manga online

so you think the characters clothes look like ass or what?

Have you watched Inio's masterclass or the videos where he works?

He still hand inks everything and definitely puts in more work in backgrounds than the average mangaka, even if he has a base. Just means his finished product will be that much better.

You just sound mad and uninformed.

>2 hours to make 30 pages
This isn't how it works

Manwas are doing that pretty well.

>can't understand sarcasm
pls stay, this is your place

>almost 2018
>being a luddite
Kill yourself Anno.

Also a printer can do that

Do you think he makes 30 pages in 2 hours?
Have you seen the documentary?

he does everything with photoshop, then refines something with a pen

>gamma correction
there are softwares that can do this for you

The printer only does the last step where it reproduces the image. It can't write manga.

Everyone can write a story...maybe a shitty one, but you can

>terrible sense of humour
Guess you fit in too

At least Hiroya Oku uses 3D Graphics Engines.
Result it's shit, but at least he tries to compensate his inability to draw. Asano is a cheater

I prefer more detail, no matter what medium or process used. Why would I want to look at shit scratch lazy penciled backgrounds when an artist can implement his intention using photos that have much greater detail?

Or maybe you expect every mangaka to be a Studio Ghibli?

I can also scribble on a dozen sheets of paper and call it a comic. What's your point?

If an artist can do a background by hand they should do it

Why? Why not use the most efficient means to make the best looking background they can?

why can't you see the hook and bit of wood when on the other angle?

look at all the international comics. someone became rich thanks to shitty comic design

>What's the point of being a mangaka if you
are not Tito Kubo.

i wish i could draw like Inoue

>Tito Kubo
Tite Kubo announced his presence to Lucca Comics&Games 2017, the biggest comics&manga fair outside Japan in Italy
Today the fair started, and he announced he won't be there.

Fuck you Kubo

I don't see your point. Are you advocating me drawing badly and trying to sell it?

if an artist can assemble a proper plot with an ounce of originality that doesn't pander to the industrialization of the genre they should do it

But we don't see that happening a lot either
There are tradeoffs between idealism and reality.

If an artist has talent for backgrounds and is creating a large, more independent project then I agree. Drawn intricate backgrounds are fantastic and subjectively more aesthetically pleasing, your pic being a great example.
However, in reality we shouldn't expect this from an average mangaka churning out volumes of content.

>Cheater

There's no cheating in telling a compelling story throught words and images. That's the fucking point, you do whatever the fuck you want to get the point across.

>Fuck you Kubo
I'm sure he had a good reason.

>jumps out of retirement and blocks your path
this summons the miyazaki

Mangaka writes the story, dumbass. Artist does the drawing part.

The point is you cannot call yourself an illustrator (aka mangaka) if you are a photographer

Usually they are the same person

Punpun is garbage. The very sight of that faggot bird pisses me off.

Of course that would be "ideal", however you have to take into consideration that making backgrounds that look good, and based on what you want from that picture, detailed, is bloody hard work. The vast majority of mangaka simply cannot do it consistently. Partially this is because of ability, and partially because of the business.
1) Does the mangaka have the skills do make backgrounds (plural, because it helps jack shit if the artist can only draw pretty fields)
2) Does the schedule allow it? Most manga are published weekly or biweekly. Adding good backgrounds pushes an, for most mangaka, already tight schedule into impossibility
3) Even if the two above were to be true, does the mangaka cope with doing this for every single page and chapter. Sure, not every panel will have a background, but it is still a huge amount of extra effort, for relatively little gain. For the editor, or any assistants it also adds a huge amount of extra details to take care of and check. And finally, considering 99 % of all manga is printed on recycled toilet paper with equally recycled ink, applied by the cheapest machines from China; can you even see the details before a tankoubon is made?

It's fine as long as I get the paycheck

The only decent seinen mangaka that doesnt use photoshop nowadays is...ehm...
Osamu Tezuka?

If all he did was publish a photo album and called it an album I would agree, but he does so much more than that, like any other artist he uses reference material, he takes photos of objects or settings and adds them to the manga. it's a tool, he's learned to use in order to tell his stories.

Based
I was actually looking forward to it, what a shame

And is also cheating if he has assistants! He fucking do it alone! Fucking cheater mangaka can't draw backgrounds for every panel I spend looking less than a second!

This discussion reminds me of the faggots that don't like photobashing in concept work.

So why people are calling him a liar?

Why writers use words that weren't make by them?

because he doesnt draw backgrounds

it's not the same thing

You do realize most mangaka don't even do their own backgrounds in the first place right?

Beta-mangaka

>illustrator (aka mangaka)
Those aren't the same though.

Now you obviously don't know what the fuck you are talking about, or you are just some butthurt rejected faggot from art school.

It's not as easy as you may think it is.

It requires experience and technique to make it look like as your own drawing or to get the result Inio gets overall.

Pic related, example of shitty shopped explosion by lazy mangaka Oku Hiroya.

Usually they have assistants to handle a lot of the workload. Do those guys even get credited? Most of the time you hear about an assistant it's about the work current mangaka did before making it big and what they worked on.

yes it is

Also, Gokusai. Mangaka Saruwatari Tetsuya does a better job than Oku Hiroya, but still can't master the technique the same way Inio Asano does.

That's some real smoke there.

>Do those guys even get credited?
yeah, that's very japanese

No, a mangaka produces manga. This is what is happening. The tools required are not specified.

Many authors introduce their assistants in the omakes and such

He uses that to get the initial picture for a framework. Then he inks the entire picture to give it a hand drawn feel. You haven't watched any of his videos.

Boichi is also a master, and he's not even nip

I would say there is nothing really wrong with this technique if you're drawing a manga in the present time.

If you're drawing something more imaginative/fantastical or simply a place whose structures and fauna and designs don't exist then you can't do this

indeed.
Oku is true hiro

Yeah be a japanese slave is already a problem, a mangaka work dont even had to be into discussion

*a manga *set* in the present time*

PRESENT DAY

i have
i felt ashamed for him

HAHAHAHAHA

PRESENT TIME

Haven't you see how he created some artifacts for Dededede? He made some from a metallic ball, took some pictures, then used those as the base to create, I don't remember well, but I think was one of the aliens weapons of an airship. It was a lot of work.

Like, 98% of the tanks i own has credits in them, be it as part of the afterword, or even as an illustrated omake.

Don't be.

I am curious about your butthurt. Tell us what is so painful, user.

There's of course nothing wrong with using references when creating a manga, all the better if you use them creatively.

and a lot of cigarettes

>you are just some butthurt rejected faggot from art school
That would apply to the one taking side with lazy photographers

This is his greatest plot twist yet

I feel like he's trying to tell us he doesnt want to be a mangaka anymore. He smokes too much. Too much stress

I remember and interview he got with Oshimi (not sure) but it felt really depressing.

he's also clearly gay, but that's common among artists

why is this allowed?
youtube.com/watch?v=DJUmK0Qr7X0
youtube.com/watch?v=psAn2SQ3hKU

What's the point of being a mangaka if you can't create new characters and reuse designs from previous works?

Looking back now, Tezuka was such a lazy guy.
He also stole some characters from disney

I thought Downfall was basically him admitting this

I actually enjoy the researching part, it must be interesting and fun going on travels to get references and backgrounds. I do wonder who cover mangaka's expenses in those cases.

>maybe a shitty one,

Exactly. That's all the difference between a pro and an amateur.

yes, like how Kimba is literally Simba from the lion king
dude was such a hack

Hyakimaru was the fucking man. More people should read Dororo, especially Berserk fans.

So, is Noda is a "cheater" too? He makes a lot of travels and research for GK,

I know what you feel