Why do isekai fantasy girls wear normal panties under their clothing?

Why do isekai fantasy girls wear normal panties under their clothing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wrganfP97FE
historyextra.com/lingerie
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What do you expect them to wear?

I think he's saying that medieval societies shouldn't have the technology to produce polyester materials. Though he shouldn't be taking isekai that seriously.

No, clearly he means they should have elven or dwarf-crafted magical bloomers that sass and fight off any cheeky perverts who try to steal them.

it's a fantasy world though not medieval earth, if it was a realistic medieval setting they'd be walking through muddy shit in the streets with half naked serfs tilling the earth everywhere

I'm down for anything that makes stealing and sniffing Megumin's panties more exciting

The Japanese don't know (or care) about the details of the time periods Western fantasy draws inspiration from beyond the most superficial level. Doubly so for a comedy series. The underwear being Western-style is good enough.

Isekai usually takes place in a JRPG world and not a real medieval world, so it doesn't follow the same logic as our world.

i dont see why they wouldn't, they feel really good

>I think he's saying that medieval societies shouldn't have the technology to produce polyester materials.
They shouldn't have the technology to produce giant walking fortresses or genetically modify races either. A lot of the out of place technology is there because of some isekai'd Japanese guy, so you could argue this is too.
These are the real answers though.

>western style underwear
Explain?

so how are the novels? Is yun yun ever relevant? The spin off manga really makes her sympathetic.

Poorly written. Anyone who thinks they're good hasn't read a book since middle school. Stick to the anime unless you live and breath waifushit.

In some cases, there might have been isekai'd people in the past that helped push technology to make such items.
In shieldbro, a country hogged most, if not all, of the knowledge of summoned heroes and now has electricity, guns, planes, cars and other stuff. While you might think it's OP (and sometimes it is) the system the world operates there doesn't make them as viable an option.

yunyun has some relevance in the crimson mage village volume, which is the next one after what the anime covered
past that she only has important roles in bakuretsu, the spin off that has megumin's point of view

She's relevant in the Vanir spinoff too.

You ever hear of a g-string? The Japanese took a long time to get past their thong based underwere. Panties were an import from the west, and it look quite a bit before normal people started wearing them.

>Rumor has it, it was hookers and sex worker types that hung around American GIs that started wearing them first. Thus Japan's fetishy love for the pantsu.

oh yeah I forgot those even exist but she's not as relevant there

Most Japanese didn't wear modern underwear until after WW2. Indeed women generally didn't wear underwear before that. It wasn't much of problem since they wouldn't be wearing short skirts anyway.

>You ever hear of a g-string? The Japanese took a long time to get past their thong based underwere

Contrary to what Shigure from HSDK and other similar characters might have taught some people, the fundoshi was a male garment and women didn't wear it.

It's a dumb isekai comedy, what were you expecting? They're not masterpieces or anything, but they're enjoyable. The translations and editing can be a little rough, but they're better than some of the other LN fan translations I've seen.

well you know, it's hard to build a castle out of manure either way, the translator might be decent but if the material itself is poorly written juvenile wank then he can't really turn it into shakespeare
not that I didn't enjoy konosuba but I don't think there's much the translator could"ve done with it

I love panties. Black panties are yum and rare.

Just imagine how many people go no-pan because panties dont exist.

The crimson demons were engineered by a japanese neet. It only makes sense that he also brought the knowledge of panties with him.

Aqua doesn't.

I bet her puss smells great since it's not all kludged up into a cloth sack all day...that and the whole "purification" thing

>isekai
Ok Gigguk

What?

Lighthearted Japanese medieval fantasy worlds almost always draw from Dragon Quest. Those games had silly anachronisms from day 1.

What if we make Isekai Alice in Wonderland.

Are you retarded?

Because it's a bit drafty without them

Why do chuuni girls wear black underwear?

Do you prefer something like this?

I liked this series more when I thought a woman wrote it.

I ...actually do. !DON'T JUDGE ME!

People fell for this bait

But auhors never try to justify it, it feels out of place

Because black panties are as black as the dark powers inside them.

>Aqua refuses to wear panties because it's not period appropriate

Intelligence above average.

As expected of a Goddess, she knows how things should be.

That's not why she doesn't wear them, but whatever.

That's not a realistic medieval setting, that's a Monty Python skit.

For konosuba the world has been thoroughly infected by culture brought in by isekai Japanese it's not that surprising that it got invented by some point.

>there will never be a monty python anime

Why even live?

The walking fortress is explained in OVA 2.

Yes it's an OVA so it's technically non-canon, but it still touches on it.

>Monty Python with Japanese humor
Thank fucking god

Now post the cum edit.

Actually, too late

youtube.com/watch?v=wrganfP97FE

I tried reading the prologue of volume 1, only made it past because I watched anime first and knew what was happening. Don't know if I chose a terrible translator but jesus it was horrible. I would rather chance and wait for the anime to continue before reading 12 volumes of that.

Then what did the women wear? Did they go commando?
Is Japan's panty fetishism the result of them living for ages in land of no-panties, and thus being overwhelmed by their glory when somebody had genius idea of importing them?

>non-canon
its in the LN, its canon that the same guy who made the giant mobile fortress created the crimson demons and also made a bunch of game consoles too.

Yeah, they wore long enough skirts that panties would be pointless even if they wanted to.

I'm pretty sure they used to go commando it'd explain why there are those scenes about going nopan with kimonos.

Oh is it? I didn't read LN, just watched all of anime including both OVAs.

>Is Japan's panty fetishism the result of them living for ages in land of no-panties, and thus being overwhelmed by their glory when somebody had genius idea of importing them?

Mostly, at first they were considered lewd, and they were expensive, so they were only really worn by prostitutes, or to turn on rich men. It's stuck, so they're still heavily sexualized.

I'm pretty sure I watched a documentary on this.

because it's more convenient than wearing them over their clothing

The real reason aqua refuses to wear panties is so that perverts can't look at them.

if season 2 of RE:zero ever gets made we are gonna get what is basically the Rabbit of Caerbannog if that is any consolation.

>>Aqua refuses to wear panties because it's not period appropriate
Does she wear tampons?

I can honestly see Aqua thinking that.

kek

>GuP

i wouldn't mind

Megumin just wants to feel like a sexy mature lady

I-I bet her piss taste nice too, would drink.

would it not just be water?

damn, I wanna sniff all of that

"Kazuma, where is my staff?"
just wtf

Warm water, I guess, it would be nice for a Tea party.

What would fantasy panties look like?

I remember it getting better after the first volume or so, but maybe I just got used to it. Most fan translated LNs I've read are pretty rough around the edges.

Panties combine an extremely efficient functional design with comfort and style. Since they are the ultimate form of female underwear (nopan isn't a form of underwear), convergent evolution dictates that any society with the capability and motivation will produce panties. Magic takes care of both, since it provides exotic materials and allows girls to manufacture equipment for themselves, which removes the embarrassment from experimenting with new designs.

Patlabor TV series. Let's just say you weren't expecting it.

I think you and her would get along nicely.

Pantsu have been around since medieval times for your explanation for most isekai

And to further that, in konosuba, a Japanese guy that got isekai'd into the world could have produced them like the big golems

Has there ever been an actually funny series written by a woman?

>tiny ribbons on panties

we need more of this

Twilight.

Nozaki-Kun

In case you weren't following, the guy has to die to get to his dream isekai. The world is usually conveniently arranged to favor the MC and grant him many chance encounters with cute girls, who inevitably fall in love with him. Inconsistencies such as polyester only make it more obvious that the magical world is actually a fantasy - something his brain is dreaming up in those last moments as it's getting grilled on the truck's radiator.

Sabagebu
Love Lab
Nozaku-kun

What kind of underwear should they wear?

Are implying that the person who wrote konosuba thought that far ahead, or even cares?

The whole point of that now common plot point is that it gives the main character zero reason to try to return home, which is what any normal person (present company excluded obviously) would try to do. If you're already dead it gives the MC and excuse to immerse himself in the new world without guilt, instead of just accepting his new harem as sufficient compensation for everything he left behind.

Does kazuma even want to return home? didn't his parents and the doctors laugh at his death?

He doesn't ever mention wanting to return home.

No, that was my whole point.

Oh well, hopefully he'll be able to find peace and quiet in the end

Something that doesn't use modern fabrics and design paradigms.

polyester was created by magic

That doesn't answer the question. What would that something be?

(You)r skin

What did people wear in the middle ages?

Chainmails?

Loincloths?

historyextra.com/lingerie

>Isekai usually takes place in a JRPG world

I think what bothers me more than anything else is how the Japanese almost always seem to think that all fantasy goes back to dragon quest.

Granted to west isn't better when it comes to Tolkien but at least Tolkien had people reading actual books

>books are a more compelling, fulfilling, and profound experience than software entertainment

If that software entertainment is Dragon Quest then yeah most books are way better.