Is Ufotable dare I say back?

Heavens Feel:

>Great reviews from the Japs and Western websites

>Made over 1 billion yen since it got release a few weeks ago

>Finally a F/SN adaptation that is well accepted in the community
After the crap that is UBW S2 /God Eater/Touken Ranbu/Tales of Zestiria, Dare I say Ufotable has gotten their mojo back.

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/sony-profit-tops-expectations-1509433263
twitter.com/prisma_illya/status/925935515878146050
lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update 105/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's wrong with UBW S2 /God Eater/Touken Ranbu/Tales of Zestiria? Explain

>UBW

very bad directing

>God Eater

crappy original story and art style

>Touken Ranbu

Cant save trash so Its not all Ufotable's fault

>Tales of ZZzzzZZestiria

game story is already boring and Ufotable made it even more static and boring

They should do more 3D but consult the Guilty Gear Xrd lead dev first.

Man, they really shouldn't have skipped Fate route to go directly into UBW. While it was the most boring of the three for me, it was a goddamn crime to go from final boss Kirei in Zero to his minor villain role in UBW.

There's also the fact of Saber being pushed to the background instead of exploring her regrets and wish after all the stuff in Zero, but I don't mind this point too much because Saber is boring.

>and art style
NO
GE anime's literal sole redeeming feature is it's visuals

They were going to add more Kirei to UBW, but decided to save it for HF.

Nasu specifically told ufotable when they decided to adapt UBW “Hey guys, this isn’t Saber’s route, so I just want her to look cute and act like a motherly/guardian-like character”, so that was the reason why I accepted that she wouldn’t get any development. Any reactions or interactions with Shirou and Archer, where her wish and story is referenced and foreshadowed, in the novel, even if there were few, were cut out in the first half.

>>Great reviews from the Japs and Western websites
>>Made over 1 billion yen since it got release a few weeks ago
>>Finally a F/SN adaptation that is well accepted in the community
The way it should be.

>Cant save trash so Its not all Ufotable's fault
It's 100% their fault. They had a cool concept and the chance to do whatever they wanted with it, and they fucked up.

Still everybody agree that Oath Under Snow was better directed and more solid as movie.

That's fine as well.

How did Sakura win?

lol no

lol ya

Yeah, each character was so important that they had to be killed offscreen in different routes because Nasu can't unfuck a knot in his own narratives without taking a knife to it.

>How did Sakura win?
HF is literally her route while she's basically the love interest in the Prisma film.

Oonuma Shin is better director than all Ufofreaks together and is easier to make more solid movie with short flashback story than whole VN, not mention that HF is just first part from trilogy.

such is the power of Sakura aka best girl

Is left to see if they will *revive* her somehow in Prisma so miyuShirou isn't left forever alone.

What's wrong with Ufofreak directors?

>Made over 1 billion yen since it got release a few weeks ago
Still less than the SAO and Madoka movies.

They are not so good as Shin.

The issue is that prism shitlia is still garbage even with a good director behind it.

Nobody gave a fuck about this movie, though.

Saber still got more development than Rin (a one-dimensional tsundere waifu) in UBW anime though.

>can't unfuck a knot
Should've asked Iskandar to help.

I don't see what's so great about Oonuma, his output at Silver Link is basically a third-rate Shaft style. He's unremarkable as far as Shaft alumni go.

wsj.com/articles/sony-profit-tops-expectations-1509433263

>Still less than the SAO and Madoka movies.
And?

Fate IP >>>>>>>>>>>>> Madoshit for the owners (Sony)
See

I'll give you my shit and i'll invest 2 million USD for you to make people eat it, but you still have to call it shit, you STILL have to let people know where it's from and you cannot change the base of what it is, which is shit.

You also cannot pay them money to eat it in any form. If you accept and fail, I expect my 2 million back with interest.

underrated post

That's the thing though, the concept isn't shit. If handled well they could've made something better.
Not that I think it was particularly bad, but that seems to be the general consensus.

This is the anime we're taking about, not revenue from some mobile game. Given how much the HF movie is being pushed, I won't be surprised if execs will deem this to be underperforming. This is going to be a repeat of the Kizu movies box office performance but on a bigger magnitude of flop due to the even higher costs of promotion.

Whatever helps you sleep at night user.

I dunno, I reread the visual novel fairly recently and I really think that everything important is covered between UBW and HF.

The only real problem with HF as a standalone title is that it doesn't deal with Archer. It still resolves Saber's story, even if in an unfortunate way, and Rin's way better in HF than she is in UBW. Gilgamesh is the only other major character that's wasted but when it comes down to it, he doesn't really have any weight on the rest of the story.

Because she is not Rin

Why didnt Archer just out right kill Shirou the first chance he got? Why all the dicking around?

He thought Shirou would drop his ideals, which he did in HF.

how?

>I dunno, I reread the visual novel fairly recently and I really think that everything important is covered between UBW and HF.

Saber, Lancer, Kotomine and Gilgamesh?

Alright who's the mikata who's gonna go to the premiere and give us the cam rip

his memory was fucked, wasn't it? he blamed Rin but imo it was because he was summoned from the future and backwards time travel erased some memories to avert paradox (ie, hgw shirou was never actually in danger from him)

The command seal that Rin used at the start shackled him enough that he couldn't do it without an opportunity. The very first Command she gave him drops his stats by a rank if he disagrees with her, and against Saber that would wind up being fatal.

The amnesia thing was complete bullshit.

Saber actually gets her shit addressed and resolved if quickly. They added scenes with her.

All the others are sort of all right but the answer is better revealed in the other routes apart from UBW. Chiefly to keep in mind are the Command Seals and the availability of Rule Breaker. We have to infer that he's somehow not seen it in his route, but somehow knows about it at some point.

Archer's memory is slightly fucked from the summoning but that's more an effect of how long he's been a counter-guardian than the summoning itself. He remembers what he's there for, of course, very quickly.

Archer also clearly only goes for Shirou when Shirou is on a path he believes will lead him to becoming himself. In the Fate route he either doesn't see it happening, or is too sentimental towards Saber and Rin to weigh killing Shirou over saving them. Additionally, Caster is not there to break the contract with Rule Breaker.

In Heaven's Feel Shirou is thinking with his dick, and Archer can tell the grail war is fucked beyond all hope, so giving Shirou the arm is another selfless act of his.

In UBW itself, he finds the opportunity to outright kill him several times, as with the fight with Berserker and the fight with Caster, but killing Shirou doesn't cut it as seen in the Archer vs Shirou fight. Archer's goal isn't only to kill Shirou, but to break his spirit and make him forget his ideals before killing him. This is Archer's insurance that he will cause a paradox in both body and mind to erase his existence.

Now on a side note, this is obviously dumb as fuck if you stop to consider the nature of the Root, the Throne of Heroes, or Zelretch for that matter, but he's probably banking on only caring about HIS reality's self and letting the other parallel Archers deal with their own problems.

>In Heaven's Feel Shirou is thinking with his dick, and Archer can tell the grail war is fucked beyond all hope, so giving Shirou the arm is another selfless act of his.

Wasn't the Grail War always fucked and rigged by Kotomine and Gilgamesh in FSN? It's clear they were waiting for the servants to be narrowed down before murdering them

Movie is not. Many people even call it best Fate movie when it premiered.
Just because Kadokawa is not Aniplex.
Most of reviews were highly positive.

Forget all pedoshit from series. Movie is nothing like that. It's like comparing Zero with SN.

The Grail War was fucked from the moment when Angra Mainyu, a Heroic Spirit that's basically an anthropomorphic wish for a physical form of all the evils in the world, came into contact with the Holy Grail, an attempt to recreate the Third Magic that had a hastily cobbled together wish granting element bolted on as bait for idiots.

Prism Shitlia is a spinoff series that has nothing to do with FSN, FHA or FZ

Less the normal kind of fucked and more the "servants are getting sludged and turned evil" kind of fucked

>UBW S2
Don't think Miura is that good of a series director but he is a decent episode director and an even better at action (hence his position as action storyboard in HF).
S1 was alright but what really screwed S2 over was Bamco shoehorning in God Eater to air the season after UBW S2.

>God Eater
Bad scheduling, ridiculous artstyle, no wonder delays happened and it went to shit. Hirao doing literally everything from storyboard, sound direction, ED lyrics, script, some episode direction is an attempt to keep the show together. Worked to a point but yeah, I agree on it failing.

>Tales of Zestiria the X
no comment, haven't seen it but Sotozaki is just like Miura (good episode direction, not so good series direction) but more boring.

>Katsugeki
I need to finish this but Kondo doing script when he usually left creatives to more capable people was probably the fall here. Experimenting multiple character designers to work simultaneously is a good attempt at something though.

It's pretty obvious UBW S2 and GE went down together while ToZ and Katsugeki were sacrificed to give space and resources to HF (lots of freelancers in those two shows while HF1 is pretty clean).

It's pretty much been rough years but ufotable should have it easy next year only dealing with 3 movies (plus HF2 is in layout stage atm)

PS Will Sakura no Ondo finally be made non exclusive? Will Girls Work finally happen? Will Suhara have his debut? Will they adapt the LN that Obunai illustrated?

>not enough big tits

I feel like wildly swinging your death machine to solve the problem is exactly what Nasu did though

>Don't think Miura is that good of a series director

Why not?

>Will they adapt the LN that Obunai illustrated?
What is that?

Essentially is above them as has connections to Notes and pulls out whole parallel world stuff. Even Zelretch is more prominent here.

It doesn't seem to me that he has a strong voice or control from that position so unless someone good is at the helm of an episode, it just feels like meandering.
I see him as someone more hands on really, it is in his episodes that good stuff happens like Archer vs Lancer in ep 0 and Shirou's final charge at Archer in ep 21 (i really love Abe's animation there)

Instant Magi by Juntarō Aoki

Also since Miura did the Vita OPs with this part done by inhouse Kunihiro, I wonder if the HF movies will be similar here

>it just feels like meandering.
I didn't really feel that at all except for maybe the end of 21 and 22. For comparison I thought S1 of Zero was actually meandering, especially the parts at the docks

Prisma movie up for digital rental, but only for one week:
twitter.com/prisma_illya/status/925935515878146050

UBW Season 2 being bad is a meme.

By being best girl.

what do you mean by meandering?

>After the crap that is UBW S2 /God Eater/Touken Ranbu/Tales of Zestiria

Don't put your opinions on others, I did really liked UBW.

Just scenes going on with little real progression. Things that could have been shaved down were just left. So really the encounter of Seiba and Deermud. Maybe meandering was the wrong word but that's what I meant by that.

You sound like the kind of people who would praise any show if a famous people is working on it.

>It's pretty obvious UBW S2 and GE went down together while ToZ and Katsugeki were sacrificed to give space and resources to HF (lots of freelancers in those two shows while HF1 is pretty clean).
Thank god they decided to finish HF last so the whole UBW-GE fiasco didn't happen again.

subs when

UBWfags BTFO forever

finally Heaven's Feel will get the recognition it deserves as the only reason F/SN can be taken seriously as a work of art. thanks secondaries

ok I'm back isnt me
By meandering I mean scenes wouldn't be as interestingly done, and it doesn't have to be ridiculously artsy (ufotable doesn't have that culture). FZ ep 4 Lancer vs Saber by Suhara had good pacing of transitions between shots and does so while keeping a sense of space. UBW ep 12's date (which I assume is done by Takuro Takahashi) because of pic) was done similarly well.
A bit minute cuz then again they don't really call attention to themselves but that's the sort of thing I'm talking about

Sudou, Sakura fan and biggest TM fan in the studio who also requested the trilogy and made 2hr 30 min worth of storyboards (before asking the editor to cut it down), probably would make sure HF is done safely and out of harm yeah

What did you like about it?

What are the best directed episodes of UFO Fate?

Wake me up when they break free from TypeMoon.

>saberfags still getting neglected
It's actually surprising how the most commercialized heroine is getting buttfucked also the most.
I wonder if you people actually like this neglect play.

Saber is better in UBW and HF routes so it's no problem.

Only thing that's missing is Saber and Gil's confrontation.

>crappy original story and art style
If Ufotable thought outside three box here they would have been better off. They should have chosen to focus on characters like Souma or Rindou, and the story would have been better off for it.

>Cant save trash so Its not all Ufotable's fault
Touken Ranbu had no preset story or even personalities for their characters. It was for all intents and purposes an original production. The fact that it fell short is solely on Ufotable.

>game story is already boring and Ufotable made it even more static and boring
Funny thing is Zestiria has two official retellings that do a great job at retelling the game's story than the game itself. Yet Ufotable still fuck up

Not to mention that HF movie was release in such a bad weather. It was raining for a week.

>post yfw when you see this in the movie

>very bad directing
You'll need more to back your opinion up.

My dude, my bro, same
Comedy ufotable with lots of loose smeary animation when again yo
Most recent is probably Yoyo to Nene and Fate/Zero Cafe (nowhere to be found tho). No idea of the turtle or Ohenro tho.
Also Ohori claymation again when yo

In all honesty after HF there might still be Girls Work but that one feels more like Yoyo than Fate so all goods there

Dokkoida best ep is the dream ep.
Haven't seen other three yet cuz busy and translating their credits

Can I watch it without seeing anything but Fate/Zero?

Do you mean FSN [HF]? You have to watch FSN [UBW] first because it's the final story.

You kinda have to see UBW first as people say that HF breezes through events that UBW has covered

that's a shame

You'll need to watch UBW first, obivously. Don't come here and ask how can Shirou do this and do that in HF.

>mfw Sudou cuts the entire part with Sakura kidnapping Ilya to make Sakura look better and not make the route feel like it's getting hijacked by Ilya

ill end myself if that happens

tfw i unironically enjoyed deenś F/SN more than any of the ufotable shit

That's because deen got memorable OST, better (female) character design and fulfilled its job that is to make Saber and Archer become best characters of all times. Also, I think you prefer romance than action.

why? it's the 3rd and final story. they expect you to have seen the others.

Yes. Back to making shit. Fateshit.

Didn't the protagonist of God Eater randomly die near the end or some bullshit?

>Gae Bolg spinner
Why?

Let's have a quick reminder that Kirei gets jobbed by Shirou running at him with a knife in Fate.

It was rigged by Angra because no matter who won it was going to basically ruin the world

>fulfilled its job that is to make Saber and Archer become best characters of all times.

wasn't Archer better in UBW?

Best scene in -Fate-

lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update 105/