Good night, Miss Kobayashi

Good night, Miss Kobayashi.

If it's night time, why is it so bright out you dumb dragon

Here lies Kobayashi: she never scored.

Is this one of those tragic "relationship between a human and an immortal creature can only end in tragedy"? There's no such thing as dragons in the first place, so I don't see why their lifespans would have to be that different in the first place either

Tohru should consume Kobayashi's body so that they can become one.

Although I did have an idea recently about hyper-intelligent worm-shaped cave dragons who might have lived with the dinosaurs, so don't take my word on it

Alligators and things like that never stop growing until they're too big to feed themselves or gravity crushes them, so in exactly the right habitat a reptile might grow so big that it gains human or super-human intelligence

is this a ffxiv reference?

Maybe there was a time when humans hadn't evolved the genes that prevent this from happening to them, so you could have giants and dwarves too

Didn't tohru went searching for the elixir of life or some shit like that in the manga?I remember something like that

This might also explain why in ancient Egypt and the Garden of Eden and other places, people kept getting tricked and psychically possessed by snakes. Maybe that shape of creature is just very intelligent for its size.

should have eaten that delicious sweet creamy Tooru-tail while you had the chance, Kobayashi

The characters are young in the story. It won't matter.

True, but since hypothetical dragons are immortal creatures, everyone is young compared to millions years old dragons

Maybe dragons are relativistically slowed so they can easily tolerate being millions of years old, but have to think and move very slowly

>Maybe dragons are relativistically slowed so they can easily tolerate being millions of years old
What a silly thing to say. Dragons had always been long-lived, that is natural to them. You are assuming living 100 years is the "norm" and that everyone else is either die too young or too late. Humans might be the yardstick in D&D as the average, but that doesn't mean living longer is unusual or needed special measures.

I like to imagine snakes as 1D creatures that have only one hobby, collecting and eating things. I wonder if they ever get bored of it and want to make friends

Millions of years needs special measures. THat's longer than the lifetime of all of homo sapiens, isn't it?

Someone should hook up some snakes to a VR game of Snake and see how well they can play. It would at least be a hobby you can do while being only 1D

You can even make a snake-based AI out of this. A lot of mostly linear games can be reduced to variants on a game of Snake

You can also use this to get a sufficiently long snake to tie itself into almost any kind of knot, which could be good for studying knot theory

You could even do multiplayer snake vs snake or snake vs human (or other animal) battles. If you do other animals, you can rank all animals in order of snake-like knot-tying subtlety

Maybe snakes literally don't have any perception of their own tails, or have a vague perception of them as an object physically in front of that moves and resists or doesn't resist on different occasions. That makes playing with snakes that don't bite a really cute activity, actually

This makes sea snakes particularly scary. Land snakes of big enough size can "swim" through tunnels in a restricted way, but sea snakes can swim with all 6 degrees of freedom. Who knows what goes on in their heads down there, where it's pitch black and the ambient pressure is extremely high?

What is going on?

I'm just imagining what immortal dragons might be like

This.

Tohru's cloacae