Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy

Get in line!
Potpourri a cute!

Honest questions: How many people have FUN FUN'd due to these threads? I know I haven't yet, but I haven't been watching too much anime, and the stuff I have been watching has been either /m/ stuff, or Garo.

maybe 2-3 anons and that's ok. I am happy for every user who gives it a chance.

You got moxy to be doing this to begin with, so I appreciate it nonetheless. What struck you about this show anyway? Was it something you found just by being a Mahou Shoujo fan? A Childhood favorite? Or something you just stumbled on to and it blew you away?

The first time I came across anything Fun Fun Pharmacy-related and what would eventually (talking at least ten years here) lead me to watching it is this doujinshi I found on a Yahoo! Club (before it became Yahoo! Groups). It shaped me in many ways.

very lovely!

I wrote this many times, this is the first anime I've found, chose and watched for myself, because I was curious. And it was great.
>quick emotional bond between me and MC
>MC is a very smart 8 year old child, literally Yotsuba with magic abilities and orange hair
>Magic is treated as some kind of pantheism connected to nature, so it's not magic notes or fucking magic balls like in Doremi's (and miss Fukiko is understanding and good, unlike this bitchy Majo-rika)
>Creativity. Oh come on, the episode with honey thief who turned out to be ursa minor who fell from stars was brilliant.
>some references to shinto and japanese culture
>once again, creativity, ontology and simplicity: when they see an elder woman who paints the same painting over 9000 times and they get into one of the paintings to understand why
>literally "The Little Prince" on steroids (in a very good way)

Sorry if I asked a question that's been asked before, no intent to be rude or impose.
That does sound pretty interesting, though, seems the creative team really put their work in to researching things and making something truly creative. I don't have much of a reference though, since I don't watch many magical girl shows. Only recently watched a few episodes of Wedding Peach but that's about it.

>Sorry if I asked a question that's been asked before, no intent to be rude or impose.
No, I am sorry that I seemed angry, didn't intent to, just poor choice of words and tone (not english native speaker here)

I appreciate Fun Fun Pharmacy because it's smart and it aspires (or I just interpret it that way) to be more than typical shoujo about magic and fairies.

Just-started fag here, up to 13.
I agree, especially about the magic. It's not quite the creepy fey stuff in MahoYome, but it's a lot closer to that than most anime magic. Like asking friendly nature sprits to lend a hand rather than having super powers.
I think the directing is a bit weaker than Doremi's though.

Me soon, life is roadblocking me right now but i will get there

Doremi is more dynamic, has more protagonists and the episodes are 2x longer so it needs to be directed more ably. As someone said, Fun Fun is more chilled out.
I consider it as a kind of very ambitious children literature, Saint-Exupery or Charles Perrault - tier.

Yeah, that was me too.
I don't think it suffers massively from the directing, and Doremi had several amazing directors working on it so it's hardly a fair comparison.
Chiaki Konaka was the series composer though, which is why the writing is so fucking good.

simply beautiful
Shibu, Rick, Pinch, Lalu, Grim and this angry electric ball. BEAUT

Magic is all around us

The beautifulest anime

I guess I'll try this out.

>and miss Fukiko is understanding and good

More like she doesn't give a shit. She just lets a little girl fuck around with dangerous time magic.

But yeah, this series was great. Tons of memorable episodes, characters, locations. Umbrella boat dimension traveler man with a crew of gnomes was great.

holy crap, I haven't watched this show in 10 years