Kino no Tabi -the Beautiful World-

Thoughts on this series?

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/1137020/63adfb311b/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I want to make slow, passionate, baby-making love to Kino, is what I think about the show.

So far a mixed opinion.
I like the fact its starting to show a semblance of an overarching plot, but so far episodes were very inconsistent and the tonal shifts and inconsistent approach to realism hurt it.
May end up being good overall or mediocre, its wont be bad i can say it now, but also it dosnt seem like it will end up a must watch recommendation for me..

Care to explain why you feel the need to lewd one of the least lewdest characters in existence?

I prefer the aesthetics and atmosphere of the 2003 version, and I think some of the stories are suffering from being squashed into a single episode.
I still like it a lot though.

I've a deep, deep love for boyishly-dressed short, black-haired girls as far as physical attraction is concerned and something about Kino drives this insatiable desire in me to see her smile, blush, make an expression more than what's usually on her face.

I want Shizu to fuck Kino hard.

Needs more surrealism.

Psychology for retards

This.

Explain.

Why should I if you can just jackoff to the main character?

It's intro to philosophy for teens, though.

Doujins soon hopefully.

You're underselling teenagers.

>treating an anime show as an educational activity

You're doing it wrong.

>I prefer the aesthetics and atmosphere of the 2003 version
Such a shame that they didn't try and emulate it in some way with this new series.
I really miss the dream-like feel of the old series.

I mean 12-ish, not 18-ish.
And the point isn't that it does anything hard, but that most kids don't spend time thinking about the sort of philosophy it brings up. Most adults don't seem to either.

Trying to ape someone else's slightly surreal style seems like a recipe for disaster. Especially with this director just not being as good as Nakamura.

I think they tend to undersell themselves. At least I did when I was a teenager and MANY others I knew around my age.

12ish is not teenager.

No, you're doing it wrong.

Just read up Kinos supposed to be 15, weird.
I assumed she is much older and just short and boyish looking.

Where did you read it? I thought she was supposed to be around 17 or 18 years old.

She was 15 when she left Master, she's been traveling for about 3 years now

Excellent taste, my man.

erotic thoughts

>I mean 12-ish
I don't think I'd want my 12 year old son or daughter reading or watching Kino's Journey.

Why not? I was reading the Redwall books well before that age, and they're as violent or more as Kino

They're perfect for kids.

I also love redwall. Books that describe food are great.

I understand that they're okay for kids to read, but I guess I'm just a bit of worrywart when it comes to low level philosophy. I know that children are more than capable of understanding what they're reading, as well as picking up the simple messages and lessons that Kino's Journey illustrates quite well.
Maybe I'm just afraid that my child would be introduced too early into ethics, the ugliness of mankind, and the dichotomy of how the world (different cultures too) can be is a fucked up place but is still beautiful.
Even Kino herself is a bit of questionable character, considering all that she's been through, making her introduce even more mature themes for the reader to learn about on their own. I know many people wouldn't agree with me when I say that Kino suffers from a few small mental disorders as well as a low form of PTSD, it's just how I saw it when I first began reading and watching this series.
Just so many little things that I personally feel should be reserved for the late 'teens. To put it simply, I'd just be worried that it might make a child question more things than they should at their age, and I'm most certainly not advocating for sheltering and coddling children either.

In the end maybe I'm just overthinking everything and making it way more complicated than it has to be.

Got much of a different vibe than the original.

The presentation has a lot less soul to it. The CG padding is a little obnoxious, at the brisk pace Kino cruises around 100% of the time it wouldn't be that hard to animate properly. The show seems to be confused about what it is supposed to be, it explores all these somber topics about life and philosophy yet the world looks saturated and bright. A lot of the scenes look like they were intentionally drawn to look like a fake B-Movie movie set, but you can tell they were going for a level of realism and they just weren't capable of pulling it off. It's like they were trying to create their settings by using visuals to expand on them yet they didn't match what they tried to show and what they were capable of producing. Just look at the wide panning shots from episode 4 of the city.

The 2003 show had its visuals tailored to the vision and capabilities of that production staff. This show doesn't seem to have a very good grasp of it.

>Just look at the wide panning shots from episode 4 of the city.
Yeah... It's meant to be taken seriously too. It's almost like they were poking fun at painted backdrops used in films.
What's worse is that the 2003 series probably had less funds to work with than this one does, and yet it managed to have far more character and soul than this new series can ever hope to achieve.

2003 is ugly and a rape of the source material.

Consume a cactus ass first.

I refuse to watch it, even if it's good.

Discounting that episodic parables is the premise of the series, the pace of each story has left something to be desired in most of them so far.

Her persuaders have come out of their holsters more often that I expected, which is what it is. I hope she gets a chance to just be comfy soon.

It's not bad.

is the main character supposed to come off as a person travelling around looking for chances to kill someone

like i didnt expect the mc to deliver so many headshots and that the first episode was a unique country

>Thoughts on this series?
Pure Kino.

She hasn't killed a single person the entire series so far.
When will the shitposting end?

>I'm most certainly not advocating for sheltering and coddling children either
Sure sounds like it. Unless your kid has made it to 12 having never seen the news she already knows about the world being fucked up. Raise your kid how your like, but that sounds like sheltering her to me.

She killed one in Colosseum. That's it.

I haven't seen the original series, but I've been following 2017. I got the impression from when people talked about the series that Kino was this bystander for the audience to see different cultures/ways of life of the different countries she visited, but so far she's just come off as sociopath. Where was the promised comfy? I've only really liked the first episode so far.

>Where was the promised comfy?
In 2003

Just watch the original series and read the LN's, user.
It will make sense soon.

Kino is a killer. Where do you fuckers come from

Next episode you'll get your comfy.
The series is trying to adapt the important stuff, which generally are stories where something exciting is happening.

She didn't kill anyone in colosseum.

I'm sure that specially made bullet was just a keepsake then.

Then what happened to the king when she shot him in the head?

Oh yeah, that guy. Doesn't count he was evil. I thought you guys meant she killed a contestant.

exhentai.org/g/1137020/63adfb311b/
MY DICK

>ywn be shot and killed by Kino

I stand by my belief that Kino has schizophrenia of some kind.

Used to be one of my 'exquisite' and 'muh taste is better' anime, but the recent reboot made it lose its exclusivity. I used to say that I like Kino's Journey and your usual weeb wouldn't know what I'm talking about.

What did he mean by this?

That's exactly what I'm saying. They made full use of every resource they had to produce something with a vision and passion.

This series seems like it was patched together because some producer said let's make a new kino that can make us some money.

I bet you also claim to hate hipsters when it makes you look goof in social settings.

I want to feel Kino tremble in my arms from consecutive orgasms.

Amen

10 mins

get in here niggas

sexier motorrad

old motorand on deathbed

It's been demonstrated multiple times that unlike Calvin and Hobbes other people can hear Hermes' voice.

What a twist.

The original anime adaption had its own idea of the story it wanted to tell and essentially used the framework of Kino's Journey as a foundation that they could tell it. Kino is a lot more of a character in the light novels, Nakamura purposefully left her in the periphery because he decided the focus would be on the world. In part that's because he had a set length to work with and wanted a consistent narrative. The light novels have been going on for so long that it's had the opportunity to have all of these in the focus. In the light novels, Kino has had times where she's gotten involved, or had opinions, or preferences. You have a better idea as to the complexities underneath her cool persona that Nakamura never bothered to push past.

The new anime adaption has the problem of adapting stories that are in the middle of Kino having been established more as a character, if that makes sense. Her actions in the recent episodes make more sense when you have the background of the other stories in the light novels to reference to get her character. The new anime just sort of throws you into these moments without the context of dozens of build-up stories. In the light novels, you see a lot more of her mercy, her generosity, and the hints of an actual conflict going on inside her as to whether she wants to be altruistic or just alone.

Because tomboys are hot, and triggering autistic faggots like you is funny

Kino never loses, even if you strip her naked.

There are people tbat never knew Kino's been sexualized cor the past 17 years?

This is as far as possible from what I envisioned them looking like.

Is Kino no Tabi deep?

>snowflake in their name

>calling others autists when you feel the need to express your fetishes online
I dont goddamn even

no it's kino though

What was the point of the liar's country? Everyone would be happier if they just told each other the truth, it's basically a strictly inferior version of happiness that they found.

Far better than what things could've turned out normally

Welcome to the Country of Anges

Master was a real looker in her day.

anime when

Gakuen Kino a cute.

Do you guys think that we'll get Gakuen Kino OVA's out of this?

at last, a subarashi episode

>one of the least lewdest characters in existence?
I absolutely love Kino no Tabi, but let's be honest here.

Never watched the original series (I will eventually) but I'm greatly enjoying this new series. It's the 2nd-best show of this season IMO.

Even if it's not everybody, some people would certainly have a hatred toward the housekeeper if they knew her true identity.