Forgotten Shounen Manga

Can we have a thread for shounen manga that were once popular but have basically been completely forgotten once they ended?

Neuro
Hikaru no Go
Sket Dance

This was my very first anime like 25 years ago, I'll never forget it.

Where did it air at?

TV3, a catalan tv channel.

>Hikaru no Go
I'm still mad.

I remember seeing this in Shounen Jump as a kid and was confused as to why it was in the same magazine as DBZ.

Also this has 20 something volumes and I've never seen anyone talk about it.

This adventure story is great.

I remember reading that, but for the life I me I can't remember what it was about besides some Chinese mythology. Which I guess is why I don't talk about it.

>Sket Dance
>That fucking blue balling at the end
No, user i will never forget my eternal rage will never allow me

I'm seeing a common thread here.

Same for me. This one and DB aired together here.

Superior DQ manga

>catalan
Spanish*

We had talked about it though, quite a fair bit. Guess it had just been a long time; Weird ending on the manga

How about 666satan or psyren i remember reading both of them during serialisation

I still see people talking about Hikaru no Go and Sket Dance fairly often.

>Neuro
I never understood what people see in this series. The writing is weak, full of plot holes.

Care to elaborate user

Bleach

cases are full of asspulls. there is no development or search for evidence. the mc just says he knows the culprit and then the clues are shown. and the author also tries very hard to be edgy/creepy all the time.

beet the vandel buster

shit was cool but i never bothered rereading because i've been told there's no conclusion

Not him but I like Neuro for its characters.

Sup Forums is litterally the only english speaking place that gives a shit about it, and even then only thanks to the storytime, and even then it only rarely gets mentioned

ironic this image got posted though

I own all 4 volumes, is the anime good?

So this didn't took off because it was shit? Did Toriyama's magic had already wore off by the time he wrote it? Should I even bother reading it?

I wish she never became a girl and remained a cute slime

>Hikaru no Go

a bit underrated and underexposed

Hayate.
Whenever I remember that trash I try to forget it.
Fuck that Maria ""arc"" and the lack of Hina year

Looks cool.

>I own all 4 volumes, is the anime good?
Inhave watched like a good chink of the anime, but never read the manga, butbit seems completely different.

It was never popular, but I loved it.

It looks like a manga about photography. Which is kind of cool.

>18 chapters

yep, goes to my list

It's more than cool. It's Snoopycool.

I don't think I've ever seen a bloody monday thread here. Don't think I ever got past the first series before dropping it.

Anything by Mitsuru Adachi or Masakazu Katsura.

It gets really weird after the first series. Whether that's good or not is up to you I guess.

No one ever talks about this, but I love this manga.

Hikaru was the fucking worst. He was dumb enough to not value Sai.

Ratman was so fucking good. A better superhero manga than some of the other stuff we get these days.

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
I fucking loved this manga
pic is when he was taught how to fight opponents with weapons, and previously he was taught not to fuck around in the beginning of the fight, because the first hit matters a lot

Well it's getting a new anime so that's led to some discussion

Was Toriyama and the Dai author friends? they art look pretty similar.

We don't talk about it because you can clearly track the way it went to shit.

Oh god oh god!

WHERE'S MY DARK SCHNEIDER VS BELZEEBUB FIGHT

But this is still ongoing in Nipland.

pic related

Pretty fun but not much happens in the 11 volumes I read because there's like no exposition

How good is this? Cause I get serious Yu Yu Hakusho vibes from it in a good way whenever I see the opening for it.

In my opinion, the first 5 Volumes are a little sloppy, but during the Tournament arc it picks up its stride and doesn't stop until the end.

I used to have a huge deck of these cards and I made up rules based on how cards looked and my friends believed me. I actually liked it when I was a kid.

Huh, that's pretty similar to Yuyu there too.
Would it be worth watching the anime first and then continuing with the manga where it leaves off?

the card game is basically just mtg, it's absurdly similar.

>a girl that's actually strong and useful in a shonen
Fuuko best girl.
>Remake never
I guess that PS2 ova is the only thing that we could get ;_;

He posts that shit whenever anyone says they like the series

Mankin: The Thread

Are you stupid or something? Dragon Quest games had art by Toriyama and the author of that manga just copied Toriyama's style.

>reading it
It's an anime which had 2 seasons with 50 episodes each

Ginga Sengoku Gun Yuuden Rai

Bakusou Kyoudai Let's & Go

I've read 2 or 3 vol of it
Great villain, ok MC
Annoying proto-HIsoka character used as deus-ex-machina or as author self insert
Weird art with hige clown shoes

Bloody Hagiwara and his laziness.

I watched gash bell not so long ago and remember getting blue balled by seiyu change and shit anime only ending.
should i bother reading the manga from the start ?

The anime is much worse, OST aside. As you are aware, not only is the ending shit and changed, but the entire second half of the faudo arc is butchered, and the final arc isn't adapted as well. Also, the anime in general feels cheep and kidified, and the Manga past the intial wonkyness has great art which the anime doesn't do justice.

So in short: I would say it's worth reading from the start, but if you don't want to (and I don't blame you if you don't, since the initial villian of the week stuff before the ancient/millennium demon arc is sort of generic), then chapter 212 is where it diverged from the anime, and you should at least read from that point onwards.

Thx
I was going to begin reading at the start at faudo arc which is chapter 163 as i researched

>tfw it's so forgotten nobody even replied to this post

I wonder if the mangaka finally died or what.

I like the power to be able to summon an armor from a weapon

It's like super-sentai tier henshin

The manga isn't that good anyway

And that's your opinion and that's fine
But that guy is copypasta tier

Was my first anime too and the ending in manga was awesome

I gave valid justifications. Instead of playing the butthurt fanboy what about counter-arguing?

A chapter came out 2 weeks ago. The current state of it is somehow sadder than if it had been canceled outright.

The fights are quite boring setting how main characters are guaranteed to win, the enemies are all jobbers

Reminder Golden Spellbook is an asspull.

Bi Da Man Densetsu. It's so forgotten there is no sub. I'm convinced it's lost media.

Holy shit I remember this airing back when I was a kid, it even had a GOAT opening in my language. Too bad I never actually bothered watching it, was it good?

Nah, the anime is really garbage.

MAPPA remake when?

>ITT: A bunch of underage faggots

Daigunder

All a shit except for Neuro, and Neuro wasnt that popular

because it's shit

>Hikaru no Go

that manga was incredible. Still mad at the ending because it could have easily kept going

It was amazing... until Sai disappeared. After that it was just okay because the high octane battles of wits went missing.

Maybe not completely forgotten but this was Naruto-level popular back in the day

Nah, studio Mappa president wants to remake this

I don't know. I still enjoyed it and always assumed if it kept going Sai would return and the true ending would be Hikaru vs Sai

That's because the Duel Masters manga was actually commissioned by the MtG people and was originally supposed to be about MtG, but for some reason they made up a simplified version for the anime and then made that into a real world card game.

Yeah but the mangaka said no because they couldn't get the original seiyuu

It wasn't amazing but a pretty comfy adventure.

It had way too much potential to end where it ended. The author probably just ran out of steam.

I want to talk about Captain Tsubasa but everyone thinks it's a meme and that it ended.

Every single time I hear about Captain Tsubasa I think it's about Sky Pirates.