Was it that bad?

was it that bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/G0ZiCLvyM0Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah, it really was, nearly killed the franchise. I know a bunch of faggots are going to come in and say the Fortune Cup and Dark Signer arcs were the best of Yugioh, but no, that's still the original manga. 5Ds was a shit premise that was executed decently for maybe 30 episodes and then shit itself to death.

Not really. Solid 5/10.

First half was decent. Fell off in the second half. The atmosphere and characters would work well in just about any sports anime, not just children's trading cards, even if portions of it were rather standard.

The real failings of this show came from the depth it lost in the second half and the writing overall. Yusei never loses on screen except in flashbacks, the characters turn into one-note uninteresting roles designed to support him. Character interactions and relationships developed in the first half are dropped. Time travel plot is shoehorned in.

Although, you can stop watching it after the second arc. It's pretty decent to watch until then, unless you're not a fan of the game. It's better if you have an understanding of the rules.

The second half was shit with a few good moments in between.
The first half was great

youtu.be/G0ZiCLvyM0Y

It's pretty damn boring.

Best ygo series by far

Didin't really watch the anime outside of a few episodes when it came out 9 years ago, but it's fairly well-accepted that Synchro monsters were one of the best additions to the game of all time because it gave an actual reason to use the fucking extra deck.

Still the best opening

>Synchro
>Best addition
Nice joke grandpa.

>mostly don't require specific materials like fusions
>a lot of powerful effects that aren't limited like XYZs
>doesn't eat up your spell/trap zone to use their main gimmick Pendulums
>doesn't fuck with the field and render entire playstyles irrelevant like Links

Yeah I don't have to follow the competitive side a bit to know that people hated it

The first half is the best of Yugioh, but I'm sure some nostalgia faggot thinks the overrated original manga is better.

Yes. Watch GX instead.

>Yuseiwinslol
Yes.

It seemed bad from outside because the concept was fucking stupid, but then you watched it or played it, and realized it's the higest point of the franchise both in the anime and in the IRL TCG

>realized it's the higest point of the franchise both in the anime
No, that was Xezal II
>and in the IRL TCG
No, that was the entirety of Zexal.

>Xezal II
Zexal 2 was as dogshit as the first part.

Still the shitty OTK conditional trap wins, still Yuma being a fucking retard, still shitty gimmicks enemy duelists.

So many wasted words to say I have shit taste, what a faggot. Stay blinded by nostalgia.

Fuck off retard, Synchro are so much better handled than XYZ, Pendulum, and God forbid Links.

As a fan of the card game, it was enjoyable overall

This. Synchros were the peak of the card game. Although XYZs were really cool too.

Too bad XYZs forever tainted the game.

There are only 2 synchros used consistently to this day, one just got banned and the other is a tech card. Easily exploitable and being white is not exactly what makes a good card type. XYZ are far better and less exploitable because of the material restrictions. It's obvious you were never a serious TCG player.

But links actually make you pour some brain on your plays now. Sure, there are some spammy or abusable effects because of some specific cards but overall it's what the game actually needed.

>Dragon Rulers
>Any extra deck mon that wasn't an XYZ was hot garbage
>every Tier 1 deck relied on $100+ secret rares
>Interesting non-whale archtypes like Boxers and Evols are left to rot
>Utopia the Lightning
>Dragon Rulers again just in case your retarded ass missed it

What part of "entirety" you don't get. 4-7 months of getting your ass kicked by Dragon Rulers, because you were a poorfag who couldn't afford some expensive tech cards and wanted to win with just a structure deck, isn't all of Zexal. You sure enjoyed getting those long ass turns on Synchro era that involved a loop just to give up when someone got their 2nd Quasar.

> being a poorfag

lmaoing @ your life

What's the best Yugioh to watch as someone who only watched the OG series when he was a kid? I ended up skipping on the series after because the designs looked shit, but apparently it was pretty good. Arc-V looked like a hilarious trainwreck judging from the threads about it.

GX is the best.

5DS. If you can stand some cringe moments and a boring start go for Zexal that will lead you to the kino Zexal II. GX is also a good option but to be honest, I hate it.

The turns nowaday can also be terrible. It's the same shit as you watch as they dump out their entire board full of you can't touch this or no Yu-Gi-Oh allowed cards ignorant cards if you don't happen to open hand traps or some stupid shit.

Zexal is trash. Its a shitty meme to get people to watch it from the dogshit Arc-V generals.

You thought it was a meme. Go, watch it, get ashamed of your shit taste and join the patrician taste. First 30 episodes don't count.

>rank 4 toolbox bullshit
>less exploitable
Are you pretending to be retarded?

>Arc-V looked like a hilarious trainwreck judging from the threads about it.
Never watch it has 50 episodes of great set up, but it absolutely shits itself.

>The grandpa doesn't understand they were designed like that to give some flexibility to the game and the really broken ones were late XYZ era.
Sorry if XYZ made the game fun again.

Sasuga shifting the goal posts. Well synchros were fine during the plant synchros era.

Oh sure, it was fun getting locked out by Leo with some strong board and if by any chance to got out of it to just get wiped by Black Rose the next turn with an Omega messing with your hand. Fun times user!

Least Tag Force is fun.

I watched zexal, it was trash.

>omega
What the fuck am I reading here.
>leo + strong board
>even dropping Leo in the first place
Black rose was ignorant but it was practically an exciton knight of the synchro era that blew your own board away. It at least took some semblance of thinking not to dump your own board without fucking stardust. Hell you could even black rose their Leo and board too. Too bad you never even played.

Arc-V is no where as bad as people like to say it is. First 50 episodes are really good and so is most of the synchro arc.

Get out please.

>First 50 episodes are really good
MUH EAGO
MUH INTRUSION PENALTY

Also complaining about
>Leo
There were outs from fucking Trish to catastor. And even then it's not the end all be all if you don't synchro yourself. From mirror force, bottomless and solemn, to d.d. warrior lady.

It had godlike openings and I wanted to force me to like it but damn. Biggest dissapointment was Yusei, according to everyone in-universe he was an edgelord but the faggot wouldn't stop talking about friendship, also that girl with the rose dragon whatever her name was, she was introduced as a female edgelordete but took her like 2 episodes to go all dere-dere.

The franchise should have ended here. Everything after in the anime was utter trash and everything after in the game was a massive drop off in card design.

For a while I thought so, but I did eventually watch it. It took me a few attempts to be honest to get into it and I didn't until a bit into the Fortune Cup (the second round or so I think), but after that it picks up and it gets better with the Dark Signers and Jack as a character improving immensely while having a legitimate love interest. Then they retconned that to hell in S3 because of real life bullshit, we got some filler full of everyone cooing after Yusei.

He's such a ridiculous Gary Stu that he could have clearly lost 3 different times but the plot or character retardation would kick in to save him and I hated him for that. The WRPG wasn't all that great, but the stuff afterward was fun at at least in an over the top way.

Overall I eventually enjoyed it, but it took a bit too long to get me into it as opposed to DM, GX, or Arc-V and it screwed up some of the good things it had going for it.

Synchro summoning sped the game up too much but it's not too awful. What was awful was essentially dropping other summoning methods for the show aside from two uses of one-off Fusion.

Even after Syncho, the worst dimension arc, XYZ had good parts like Grace and Gloria and after the whole BB thing in Fusion there were some really good duels. Zarc was poorly handled but I felt the last part might have been handled even worse until some of the better duels like Yuya vs Shun.

Overall I enjoyed my time with Arc-V watching it as it aired and I really can't say the same for VRains.

It was boring as shit. The only good part was the Wild West arc with Kiryu.

>Dub
Ewwwwwww
Why hasn't the official yugioh youtube channel uploaded the jap opening/endings yet?

>but it's fairly well-accepted that Synchro monsters were one of the best additions to the game of all time because it gave an actual reason to use the fucking extra deck.
Bullshit
Synchros ruined Yugioh

OG Yugioh manga was Atemwinslol
That was never the problem. The problem is that Yusei is a shitty self-insert character with no personality

Get out you goddamn nu-male

>according to everyone in-universe he was an edgelord
Huh?

>but it's fairly well-accepted that Synchro monsters were one of the best additions to the game
No it fucking isn't. It made a reliance for Tuner monsters in the main deck. Xyz handled the Extra Deck toolboxing way better with Rank 4 until stuff like Ptol came along.

Did the blonde guy ever smash the glasses girl

All this wasted potential because sex cults

> 1-64 ep
Best.

> Pre World Grand-Prix
Shit

> The rest
Borefest, except for Sherry and Bruno or what was his name.

The only reason you faggots can get away with spewing this shit is because so few other people on Sup Forums know about Arc-V. If they did you would be laughed out of the board

Rank 4s kind homogenized the Extra deck. While there were definitely some staple synchros that a ton of decks ran, there was still a good amount of diversity. Whereas once Xyz came around you can safely assume that every deck you're going up against is running Castel and 101 and be right about 98% of the time.

Better than Arc V and Zexel

>Rank 4 toolbox began at the very end of Zexal and was primarily perpetuated by Arc-V era card design
>this is Zexal era's fault
Really makes you think

Can somoene here tell me what's this sex cult thing in 5Ds all about?

It loses most of the focus that made it good once the dark signer arc ended. So just watch up to it and don't bother watching anything after since it's never as good.

Carly's VA was in a sex cult, hence why she barely got any more scenes in the second half despite being Jack's waifu.

holy shit you cant be serious

>1-64 ep
>Best.
Why do you pretend this bullshit was good?
The only thing that was good in 5d's was the Wild West arc.

It's true! They were forced to move away from all the show's cult elements in general because of that fiasco.

>explode inside a cave
>fall into a deep gorge
>not a scratch
It was so bad it was hilarious.