Will BONES ever try again?

will BONES ever try again?
youtube.com/watch?v=HZa7c0zaHNA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CCfYQnOLHV0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You know OP my night was going pretty fucking swell until you went and reminded me that Xam'd existed

RUN AWAY
RUN AWAY

Fuck, everything about Xam'd was so good except for the fact that it was totally incoherent. I'll never get over the disappointment.

Is Xam'd the best looking tv show ever? The first 2 episodes looked better than most of movies produced in Japan.

user, my night was going swell too until i made a xamd thread and you had to remind me how much of a mess it was ;-;
this

RUN AWAY
>RUN AWAY
RUN AWAY
>RUN AWAY
RUN AWAY
>RUN AWAY
RUN AWAY
>RUN AWAY

>tv show
Wasn't it an ONA?

This is true, but it was released on a weekly basis, so production-wise it was probably about the same thing. I remember someone saying that it was meant to be a TV broadcast until there was some sort of trouble and they had to settle for that weird PSN distribution model, but I don't know if that's true or not.

If Sony had a hand (full of money) to play in it, it's more likely it was made for PSN to promote it.

LET IT DOWN LET IT DOWN LET IT DOWN LET IT DOWN LET IT DOWN LET IT DOWN LET IT DOWN LET IT DOWN

I unironically blame Haru. She had no real connection to the story, but the writers just bent over backward to fit her in as a love interest, and it ate up so much screentime and tore the show apart. They should have written her out after the midpoint or so, made Nakiami the main love interest (and had MC keep traveling with her instead of randomly getting amnesia in bumfuck nowhere until Haru came to get him), and used the extra time to actually build up the main plot so we could understand it, and also given more screentime to Raigyo and Kujireka.

I think they are doing a pretty great job and trying with Kekkai Sensen, but overall you're right

>that size difference

Mmm...

Star Driver was Bones' peak and magnum opus, prove me wrong.

I actually pay for the first 10 or so eps on PSN. Looked great on my new HDTV at that time. Series looked incredible, shame about the story telling, some interesting ideas but it never came together.

i legit liked and enjoyed xam'd and i still think it's an interesting action adventure show, even if the result is uneven. but i want to applaud them for experimenting and not going down a well-trodden path and play it safe with the big big sony money involved.

i actually regard it higher than eureka seven.

The official subs for Xamd were horrible, Hadena tier subs. The show actually made a lot more sense when I rewatched it with competent fansubs.

I want Nakiami to pay for my rent.

If your statement is true, then I pity Bones for being incredibly mediocre

I wanted to enjoy it so badly, but it just made it harder and harder. All semblance of real story structure flew out the window at some point. The crew that dominated the first half became borderline-irrelevant afterward, nothing that happened in between episodes 15 and 20 really mattered (the commander guy was completely disconnected from the main plot, Haru's sister's subplot got resolved by Nakiami in five seconds, Kujireika didn't do anything, etc.), and the final stretch was just nonsense conjured up out of thin air (a bunch of people sacrificing themselves to the Emperor because I don't know why, Akiyuki doing god knows what to the Emperor, Akiyuki losing his memories, Nakiami sealing herself, Akiyuki turning to stone, Akiyuki returning to life, etc.).

Yeah, the later half the series it really drops the ball with the poor story structure. Would like to see Bones get a second shot at doing something this big and experimental, not sure if their A.I.C.O. anime for Netflix will be that.

nigga this is an OST they ain't got nothing to do with this

How does BONES even still exist? Every single time they do something original it ends up being a beautifully directed mess. Not that I mind but shouldn't they be in bankrupcy?

>shouldn't they be in bankrupcy?
Despite Gonzo having financial failure after financial failure, they are still alive. Bones seems to be taking less financial risks these days by going with shows like My Hero Academia. I'd love to see another original by them in the near future.

Bones doing adaptations of popular shounen manga? Yep, that's totally new

>not sure if their A.I.C.O. anime for Netflix will be that
Did you watch that trailer? Did you read that description? It looks the exact opposite of "big and experimental."

>Despite Gonzo having financial failure after financial failure, they are still alive
Not really the same thing. Gonzo literally went bankrupt in 2009, got bought.

Those guys could make something gloriously nonsensical with something as ornately designed and structured as FMA, come on.

Nope, going in cold.

I had no idea what was going on or what the root cause of anything was. I still enjoyed the shit out of it.

Speaking of bones. I really wish for Saitou Tsunenori to have more charadesign work. It's been too long. Honestly, bones. really knows how to keep talented character designers. Itou Yoshiyuki, Saitou Tsunenori, Komori Takahiro, Arai Nobuhiro who's new raising star (loved his Chaika and Bungou designs) and bloody legend Kawamoto Toshihiro.

Darker than Black was the best BONES series. prove me wrong. you can't

Prove yourself right.

They did Concrete Revolutio and it was glorious.

no but the production quality was on point. even the character designs were fairly memorable just like with eureka7.
even the V.A. everyone in the staff brought their A-game. except for the writers. they shat the bed so hard that they managed to make it forgettable anyway.

nya/a/non can you seed this for a few hours please.

>I'd love to see another original by them in the near future.

Get ready for A.I.C.O as it premieres on Netflix worldwide (and yes including Japan)

youtube.com/watch?v=CCfYQnOLHV0

>deadfish
hope he's not gonna seed it for you

>hope he's not gonna seed it for you
Wish granted. He really isn't seeding it for me.

stop downloading deadfish

why would I want to

No.

They're making enough shows (most of them adaptations) that they now even have 5 substudios working on stuff instead of only 4.
Every two years or so, they have then saved up enough money to try their hands on a new original anime production.

They have their connections and seem to be well-liked enough by the producers in Japan to be entrusted with enough projects.