Was the '2deep4u' meme invented by people for whom it really was too deep?

Was the '2deep4u' meme invented by people for whom it really was too deep?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BQZKs75RMqM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I dont know.

I always have to make some jam toast whenever I'm reminded it exists

Okay what was up with this scene anyway? I see a cross and the circles are obviously some kind of symbolism. Is the EVA graveyard relevant to the plot at all?

It's possible that the EVA remains are animate (the adjective) and that graveyard seals them.
They may be used as replacement parts for damaged evas

Oh and if you don't know, those are all remains of prototype evas

>annos keikaku was to create a series with the objective to tell autist fags that being normal isnt a bad thing
>autists still get lost in a series with a simple story with pretty details here and there
nope the meme was created to make fun of normalfags fans of muh animu that still fanwank to it

I only realized it now, but it's interesting that Unit 00's 'one large eye on top, one small eye on bottom' head looks the same as the cores of Shinji and Rei's plugsuits.

Evangelion isn't for you, sorry normalfag-kun.

reddit is the other way fag

>Was the '2deep4u' meme invented by people for whom it really was too deep?
It's definitely been hijacked by them.

The official answer is "because it looks cool".

The whole thing is confusing.
People used to tell straight forward stories, then came people who mocked them and preferred symbolism, then came others who mocked the abstractshit of hipsters who went full retard with symbolism, then came genuine retards who didn't understand simple symbolism and also mocked them, then came ironic hipsters who mocked anyone including the earlier hipsters for even attempting to use any symbolism whether straight forward or abstract. Full circle.

Here is something about NGE that few understand.

The imagery is occasionally symbolic or meaningless, the characters' actions never are.

It has been so long when I watched this.
What is the EVA-02 made from and doesn't it have souls? Also who was Yui?

Rei soul in unit 01 sounds REALLY circumstantial.
I usually go with the safer "Yui in 01", "Rei 1 (part of lilith) in 00)

EVA 02 is a clone of Adam (thats why Kaworu can assume direct control), and has the soul of Asuka's mother, thats why she can pilot it.

EVA-02 is made from the body of Lilith, which is the god who created humanity. Lilith is the giant white creature crucified to a cross in Central Dogma.
Lilith's soul was removed from its body and placed into Rei, who is a clone of Yui Ikari, Shinji's mother. It is likely that part of Yui's soul also resides in Rei, for the reasons described in (namely Rei's jealousy toward Naoko and Gendo's irrational protectiveness toward her)

Adam is the god who created angels.

You are absolutely mixing up unit 02 with unit 00.

Oh I misread, EVA-02 is made from Adam like said. EVA-01 is the only one who was made from Lilith

And you're mixing up unit 00 with unit 01!
Oh god, did you do this on purpose? It's all backwards now

No, it wasnt on purpose, im sleepy and my brain is failing too. Your description is for unit 01.

I actually think Rei in 01 is the second strongest part of the theory.
Watch the beginning sequence of 1.0 and pay very close attention to when 'distorted Rei' appears while Shinji is sleeping after 01's first berserk.
It's exactly the same Rei that always appeared when Unit 00 berserked in NGE. The same animation. This one.

I can't describe it without showing you the scene, really wish webms with sound worked on Sup Forums

Then what is 00 made of?

Presumed to be Adam, same as 02

I don't think we know how exactly they were made from Adam though.

Oh, i remember this scene in 1.11. I made a mental note of it because its the most "off" moment of the movie, even more than misato showing lilith in the basement.
In that scene, shinji has one of this "Tram introspection scenes", see kid rei, and hear memories of Yui.
All those without much of a reason, and way before than when he started to have those visions in NGE. He knows things he shouldn't know. Its very weird and intriguing.

While the scene is interesting and open up many possibilities, i dont use it as evidence for NGE theories. I try to keep Rebuild and NGE separated.

Anno's intention was to make 3DPD "realistic and gritty" female characters into shaming them from having waifu. Its the most normalfag friendly anime there is.

pic related is the average Eva waifufag.

There's no legitimate connection between this religiously charged configuration and exactly 'how' the Eva's were created, only that it is, in some way, connected to the creation of Eva's. Anno wasn't concerned with such semantics. He knew he could use whatever symbolism he wanted and the fans would theorize wildly enough to justify it; and there's nothing wrong with that. Anno was mainly concerned with imagery and character development; everything else came secondary or not at all. This is what bothers people about Eva and for this reason the unironical answer to your question is "because it looks cool".

Reminder that instrumentality was objectively the correct choice and Shinji ran away from it because he was scared, like usual

Tree of Life, which you'd probably recognize from the End of Eva when the MP Evas start instrumentality.
It's just to look cool and the meanings of the symbol in this case don't have anything to do with the corpses of failed Evangelion units, aside from in the broadest sense. The tree of life doesn't even match up; it's supposed to have 12 circles IIRC.
It's supposed to be reminiscent, to plant the idea into your head.

More like what would be the point of instrumentality if there are pussies like Shinji still out there?

The meme was invented by people who were tricked into thinking it is too deep by people who simply wanted it to be too deep.

If you believe hard enough, it will become too deep.

13th post best post

No.
The "original" stories, eg the Bible and Greek plays, all had several layers of sexual and psychological symbolism. Straightforward plots only came hundreds of years later as more people learned to read or went to theater.
And yeah, Shakespeare was a sort of ironic hipster of his time.

People who are going through their 1st-5th watchings of NGE frequently mistake difficult-to-understand character motives for the characters behaving randomly

that whole dream thing really deserves to get more love from the fanbase

Fear means you got something to lose. He gained self-awareness and said fuck your shit, almost exactly like the biblical Adam, or for that matter Cain.

the sadsuka

Wait she dragged him to the store in that outfit? And people say Shinji is the pervert.

She ran off on her own and Hikari made him go after her.
I think a lot of people had left Tokyo-3 by that point anyway, thus the empty store.

Asuka's prideo line was cute. She's covering up the pain with a beverage, learning from Misato.

This scene made me realize if people made fun of her more, her tsun-tsun side could be tamed. Too bad Shinji can't stand up to her.

Well you learn from the best. Also why do the cans in the fridge have color schemes of 02, 01, an entry plug and 00? Religious symbolism?

Think it would have the opposite effect. Personal experience.

I think if it was very lighthearted it might inspire some personal reflection, if it was serious it would just entrench her further in her ways

t. literally Asuka

Shinji's sense of humor is, well, a joke.

He has a dark sense of humor.

>And people say Shinji is the pervert.
Well

He's not very intelligent about it though. Or in general. Also why is his hand hovering behind her shoulder?

Looks like he's holding onto the back of the seat.

How'd they get so big in that frame? She changes her breast size as often as Shinji switches eye colors.

Different animation directors for different episodes, all of whom change the characters' bodies to fit their fetishes

I consider their bodies in the most 'important' scene to be on-model, while the filler episodes have no model significance at all

Does that mean they're touching here?

Yeah

If I said that scene had personal significance for me would you call me out as a liar? Or hold it against me?

The final scene of EoE or the bed scene? It's not strange to think about either of them a lot

The final scene. Because someone wanted me to take her there.

> nipple

And on TV too.

This.

the teeth girl

Weird that her eye glows green (which is Mari's berserk color.)

I guess when Mari went past the plug floor in 02 part of her soul merged with it

Rebuild doesn't exist.

Thermal Expansion. You sould have coverd this in High School

This reminds me that there is a scene in Evangelion where you hear as Misato fondles Asuka's naked body in an onsen and Shinji remarks that his dick 'expanded'

Why is there no art of that off-screen event anyway

Back in the day "too deep for you" was a popular response to criticism of Eva. Eventually the butthurt hatebase wanted to trivialize that response and morphed into 2deep4u as like a shorthand for >inb4 too deep for you.

But the sentiment is true for so many people that Eva fans took the phrase and now use it unironically.

I wasn't very good at school, can you show it to me now?

there is nothing in reality that is too deep. everything including works of fiction have reasons even if the artists behind their creation lack coherent understanding of what they did. you wouldn't deconstruct music to the same obscene levels of analysis people take literary works, let alone anime. and yet people continue to do so because false analysis is an easy shortcut to feel smug and superior without being knowledgeable or even correct.

it comes down to whether you personally have a preference for thinking and whether you want things in your life to be simple or not.

It's imagery, not symbolism. It's an EVA graveyard and they made it look like the tree of life because it looks cool.

I'm a fan of the more bullshit latent scenes in Eva and I can still say that at least some of it is just wankery for the sake of appearing cool. I mean Anno outright says as much about the Christian imagery.

>read eva thread
>urge to rewatch it again
EVERY FUCKING TIME

youtube.com/watch?v=BQZKs75RMqM

>TED
I'm not interested in anything produced bv a literal cult of pseudointellectuals

2deep4u is telling something simple in a contrived way to make it look deep

Asuka's outfit there is stealthily the most erotic thing in all of NGE

Same reason that Evas are portrayed as ranging between 40 and 200m in the TV series. Magic.

I love Asuka's Asukas whether they're B-cups or G-cups.

It was invented by Eva fans as a joke about how confused people are when they first watch the series. Eva IS "deep", but the depth is from the psychoanalysis of the main cast. Lots of people overlook how important the characters are and get distracted by the giant robots and Judeochristian imagery so they end up thinking Eva has some cryptic message hidden in it. Most of the imagery isn't symbolism, it's just there to provide a cool looking motif that ties the lore together.

>Eva IS "deep", but the depth is from the psychoanalysis of the main cast.
This is true, and it's actually very satisfying to understand them more.
Suddenly lines of dialogue that were incomprehensible have an interesting meaning. EoE especially

Yep. 2deep4u as a complaint typically comes from people who try to watch Eva as a super robot show instead of as a character drama.

Basically this. This whole 2d4u talk coms from fhe misunderstanding of which genre Eva is, and looking at the wrong places.

Eva has been discussed for such a long time that everything it could be said about it became ironic, then postironic, then unironic and then the cycle started anew and eventually everything became blurred. There is no answer.

Book of revelations is my favorite manga tbqh fampire

3d eva is uggo

How did Anno become a normie?

Anno has always been a normie

Don't think so, normies don't understand abnormies as well as he does.

It was invented by people to make their show look better. What's that? Everyone hates the ending? It's just too deep 4 you. Random scenes that seem to add little to the story? You just don't get it.

But you DON'T get it.
Tell me a scene in instrumentality that you think is meaningless and I'll explain its meaning to you.