Why are there zero anime that even acknowledge the Emperor's existence...

Why are there zero anime that even acknowledge the Emperor's existence? Isn't supposed to literally be God according the Japanese right wing who literally just won the super majority of the diet?

It would be like all American media refusing to acknowledged the existence of President, it's fucking weird.

Exactly, it is disrespectful. Muhammad tier disrespectful.

The Emperor in Japan basically takes the role the Queen does in England, just a head of state as a symbol as opposed to the Prime Minister.

the emperor isn't a political figure, he is more of a diplomat, also acknowledging the emperor adds nothing to any series, and instead of coming as disrespectful by depicting him in a manner he wouldn't like, even if based on his real behavior it's better to avoid it to save you from troubles, just like some films which deal with Catholicism don't show or mention the Pope at all, and if they do is just a short scene in which they don't show his face and he doesn't talk

In general, there's a taboo about discussing the emperor at all, especially in entertainment media. This goes back to the pre-war lés majèstique laws and such.

The only people who still believe he's a god are a tiny minority, and mostly elderly.

>Why are there zero anime that even acknowledge the Emperor's existence?
Watch more anime.
>Japanese right wing who literally just won the super majority of the diet?
Are you retarded?
>It would be like all American media refusing to acknowledged the existence of President
I can't remember most cartoons mentioning the president at all.

>literally be God
Not since August 15th 1945.

The emperor is respected but not discussed outside of right wing circles.
Aside from it being something of a taboo like mentions if you say something perceived as excessively critical there's a chance the far right will chimp out and that's more trouble than it's worth.
Also since they can no longer be involved in politics 90% of the important stuff the emperor does is either acting as a diplomatic representative or performing Shinto rituals, neither of which are of particular interest to most Japanese people.

Now post more Yurika.

Then there'd be H doujins of female members of the imperial family.

>Why are there zero anime that even acknowledge the Emperor's existence?
They exist but you're probably mostly watching series about high school love triangle that have no reason to mention the Emperor, or perhaps even dumber, sci-fi series that don't even take place in a setting in which there would be an Emperor.

>It would be like all American media refusing to acknowledged the existence of President
No it wouldn't. Not at all.

>didn't actually read what he said
you, like the Alliance, have been had

>... the meaning of the exact contents – delivered in stilted, archaic court Japanese – has been the subject of much debate. In particular, for the phrase officially translated into English as "the false conception that the Emperor is divine", the unusual phrase akitsumikami (現御神) was used instead of the common word arahitogami (現人神, "living god"). While usually glossed as "divinity" in English, some Western commentators, such as John W. Dower and Herbert P. Bix, have argued that this means "manifest kami" (or more loosely "incarnation of a god"), and the Emperor could still be an arahitogami even if he is not an akitsumikami.

And then there is gintama

I've seen emperors mentioned in anime, but only ones from, like, the Heian period and shit when they actually mattered in politics. There's no point in using the modern ones.

user, there have only been three emperors since Meiji, and even the most historically-ignorant of us all know that Meiji was very important in politics. Though I'm not as certain on the one between Meiji and Hirohito, and, though I know Hirohito wasn't particularly powerful, I'm not certain if he was completely powerless.

What? Gintama avoids it too. The one they show is the Shogun. In fact, Gintama avoids it so heavily that even though the plot is loosely based on the Meiji restoration and end of the shogunate, the events are rewritten to make everything happen without any participation of the emperor at all.

Isn't like half of Japan's population elderly

>even the most historically-ignorant of us all know that Meiji was very important in politics
Told you who? The Meiji government?
>Calling Shouwa "Hirohito"

The Japanese like to perpetuate the myth that Hirohito/Showa had no political influence, because it makes it easier to explain why he wasn't rounded up and hanged like Tojo.

The ones who'd have to worry about that and do the explanations are the Americans.

Sorry, I just couldn't, for the life of me, remember what he was named after death.
What about Taishou?

What about him? He wasn't fit to rule anyway.

I only heard it on SA Arc where he took care Shige-Shige after the takeover. And he died in the emperor's protection lol. This is could actually very controversial and disrespectful, but then many things are happening for the reader to notice what the hell is the emperor into. Even the last arc, emperor is nonexistent. Maybe Gintama's emperor is full time historical on late bakufu period where he has nonexistent power over the country.

>The ones who'd have to worry about that and do the explanations are the Americans.
Why? I don't think that Americans care too much about this subject at all.

Was he influential in the government, or just a puppet?
Also, are there sources stating that Meiji had no power in the government?

Because Americans were in control of Japan and decided his fate. Japanese had no say in the matter, the Americans had to explain why they didn't execute him (To their own population who wanted revenge for pearl harbour as well as the people in East-asia who suffered under Japanese occupation).
And just saying that it's easier to control Japan with him alive wouldn't be what those people would want to hear.
So, if anyone had to downplay the role of the Shouwa emperor it woulld have been the Americans, not the Japanese.

Well, the Japanese would also want to downplay his role, since they hadn't wanted him to be executed.

>the Americans had to explain why they didn't execute him (To their own population who wanted revenge for pearl harbour as well as the people in East-asia who suffered under Japanese occupation).
If this is true then Americans decided to not execute him, because they didn't want to execute him for reasons. The American populace is satisfied with it, and the end. I really doubt that there are any Americans who care about it now at all.

Maybe they'd want to do it, but to whom? Nobody asked them their opinion on that matter, nobody would listen to their wishes aynway.

Sure, now, but right after the war was over?

>Sure, now, but right after the war was over?
Why don't you go back in time, and ask people how they felt back then. Last time I've checked even the people who participated in the war really don't give a fuck about it anymore.

Meiji had a circle of advisors who informally helped him with government. Since it was informally it's not really known how much power the advisors actually did hold.
The system collapsed with Taihsou though since Taishou was way too sick.
Power was with the parliament during that time.

>using the wrong file