WataMote

What am I meant to feel about this series? It's great, and it's got jokes that are making me laugh, but it's also plunging me into the depths of despair quite often. I can't watch her sat in the corner of the classroom, lonely and sad, with tears in her eyes, without feeling a little bit negative.

Other urls found in this thread:

livescience.com/42868-how-fast-does-hair-grow.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's bittersweet with some real cringe moments where I had a physical reaction to it. All I gained from it is that if she were my waifu I would protect and love her and help her become a better person

What I got from it was that I'm not alone, and that indeed there's nothing wrong with ending up in a behaviour pattern as Tomoko had. It happens to people and it's a natural part of adolescence. It was immensely comforting for me, and for a lot of people, therapeutic.

As long as you're sure you will know how to move on from there, Watamote is great at affirming and setting a precedent to growing in life, and the manga especially does that well.

read the manga

This girl is litterly me. Just with the differnce that i am 27.

I live in a Town very far away from my Familie, I know no one here. I have no problem talking to people but i have a very very hard time to make friends. On my freetime i sit in front of my computer and play games / surf the internet. NOTHING ELSE.

The Scene where she wastet her summer vacation alone in her room playing games....

Its 100 % how i spend my vacations... Absolutely alone. My only social contakt i have, and this is no Joke is @ my work.

I just wish for someone who i can truly talk with about my interests.

>I just wish for someone who i can truly talk with about my interests.
That's what WE are, user!

And all these replies are interesting - looks like I was approaching the whole show wrong after all. I thought it was going to be a straight comedy, hence getting to Ep 4, feeling a bit confused, and having to ask this question. Good job I did.

It's a character growth drama framed in a black comedy.

>I just wish for someone who i can truly talk with about my interests.
That's what WE are, user!

I wished this would be true. But 90% of a is about absolute subhuman stuff like moe, cute girls to cute stuff, some kemono furry shit, wierd fetishes and so on. Even in series i love like one piece and SnK.... in these theads is no conversation possible because of all these (sometimes very funny tho) shitposts.

First 20-30 chapters, especially that part which anime covered, were full of second hand embarrassment to the brim.

The manga is fantastic and has the most uplifting character development. It's so much better than it needs to be.

Ch 121 was so heartwarming.

>character growth drama with zero character growth

Really roasts the almonds, user

She's grown in the manga.

Does she ever kill herself? I can't imagine being satisfied with any other ending.

Remember it works out for tomoko.

She is killing her past self with positive reinforcement, friendship, and trust.

Though I would like to see Tomoko deals with betrayl at some point after she's trusting people.

What happened in Ch 121? Been a while, cant remember.

That's when she goes fishing with her dad and sends the picture of herself with the rotten fish she caught (instead of the good one her dad caught) to her friends on LINE.

Read the manga, you'll feel better eventually.

Just wait for a fanged bitch chapter.

>jmantime
I hate this unfunny tryhard.

>you'll feel better eventually.
How so?

Tomoko grew up.

Where you from senpai?

She gets friends at a field trip which is an extremely realistic scenario for loners to bond when put together.

Also I really love her interaction with yoshida.

I just marathoned ep 5, and it did it to me again

> covered in ants
ha ha ha ha ha
> I just want to watch the fireworks with smeone
sob sob sob

Do these dumb bitches think Tomoko won't enjoy being showered by girl piss?

It's shit honestly

Character growth is shit?

>purple guy is getting cucked by shobon

>I can't watch her sat in the corner of the classroom, lonely and sad, with tears in her eyes, without feeling a little bit negative.
Get used to it

Where's the chapter 124 thread??

Lived and died yesterday.

Germany!

Make your own threads, with Blackjack and Tea cakes.

I dumped dozens of chapters to get a discussion going on a manga that interests me.

Read the manga.

I want to sniff this smelly NEET.

She's not a NEET. You can't be a NEET if you're literally getting an education/going to school.

She's a NEET at heart. When I'm her boyfriend I will fund her staying at home!

More.

Tomoko is such a pervert.

We really need more bullying art, why isn't there more of this?

you sound like a stupid faggot that doesn't know how to human.

NEXT WEEK WE'RE GOING TO FUCKING DISNEY LAND!

Ya think?

Some girls just want to watch the world burn.

can i get yuri's character in a nutshell?

i'm getting that she's an introverted tomoko who gave up on being popular

Don't you dare compare my precious Yuri with that garbage Tomoko.

Quiet, unassuming girl with only one real friend until the Kyoto trip circa chapter 70-something.
She's introverted but much more socially aware than Tomoko, to the point where she ends up mediating between Tomoko and Yoshida whenever Tomoko says or does something stupid.
That said, going by the most recent chapter, she's not above making her own faux pas or emotional outbursts and seems to handle them worse than Tomoko since she's mostly very reserved, whereas Tomoko is used to making an ass of herself at this point.

honestly, that's prob my favorite parts of the manga if not maybe the bit where she steals some girls panties

The manga sort of negates the anime if it makes you feel any better.

>watamote fancomics
nani

i heard the term 'tomoko trip'
what does it mean?

are you me? I moved 4 hours away from home to take a job 9 years ago. I don't have any friends where I live now and the only people I have any contact with are my two co-workers I see 4 days a week. all I do is go to work, come home, sit at my computer/in front of a tv, and repeat

is it just about looking at many fanarts?

or is it just a new term used for something else?

haven't been here for a while

quite a while

You just need to do some exploring like Bernd.

>He thinks doujinshi are all eromanga
Man, you've got a lot to catch up on.

>Tomoko is like me she is just
she is just figuring how to live her way at the age of 17 while you are doing nothing at the age of 27.

Read the manga after the series, it goes uphill. Really she develops friendships with many people. There is hope at the bottom of the box.

Holy shit. Short haired Tomoko a cute. A CUTE.

You know, it hadn't occurred to me how similar they looked until I saw Tomoko with glasses and cat ears. Guess she's the older sister, rather than the younger one though.

She pisses me off, she's such a stupid annoying bitch

>The average hair growth rate of Asian female participants was nearly 6 inches per year. Comparatively, African female participants' hair grew 4 inches (10 cm) per year, while Caucasian female participants' hair grew a little more than 5 inches (13 cm) per year.
livescience.com/42868-how-fast-does-hair-grow.html

What a crime.

Oh yeah! I want to see her NEET FEET!!

Grab a pen pal.

In my opinion the manga is at its best, she has friends with whom she shares some things.

My number is (3)(6)(0)-(9)(5)(1)-(1)(7)(6)(5). You can text me if you want to talk.

Stop bumping the thread on page 10 with shitty fanart.

She looks like a QT with that hair to be honest.

>Bathing in female urine
I'm fine with this, and I'm sure Tomoko is too.

Ok!

She turns full normalfag later on anyways.

She's far from a legit normalfag even now. She just has a larger social group consisting of other misfits.

is tomoko into daddy fetishes?

Probably not. What I've gotten from her dad's brief appearances so far is that she doesn't really seem to realize his fatherliness very much. I doubt a character with that kind of fetish would be so blase about that stuff.

Yuri Tamura
She is a girl who always look lonely. When alone she listens to music. She is also a nice person.
Before the class field trip she only had 1 friend named Mako. Then she met Yoshida and Tomoko. Because she only have few friends she can be easily jealous.
In the latest chapter it was shown that she was being jealous of Tomoko because tomoko had friends where they call each other by close names while Tomoko didn't call her by name even once.
She also hate Minami. Maybe there was some background about it. We can say that she is the reason why Mako and Yuri almost split up.

>She also hate Minami. Maybe there was some background about it. We can say that she is the reason why Mako and Yuri almost split up.
It's inevitable.

Halfway through the second year there is a dramatic increase in quality that it isn't funny.
Everything that's happening now is the most heartwarming shit

I forgot that she doesn't show any emotions.