Why did Rumiko decide to reboot Lum as the girl who didn't stand a chance in Ranma?

Why did Rumiko decide to reboot Lum as the girl who didn't stand a chance in Ranma?

Did she just like the design or was this revenge for fans forcing Lum as main girl?

> who didn't stand a chance in Ranma?
debatable, when Shampoo turned cold to Ranma for an episode he went incredibly butthurt about it.

Maybe she realized how generic was Lum.

That's more because his ego than any feelings toward her. Ranma's kind of a chad.

>Rumiko decide to reboot Lum as the girl who didn't stand a chance in Ranma
a lot of mangaka reuse their design

Then how come 30 years later they still copy Urusei Yatsura in Japan (Haiyore! Nyaruko-san) and even in the West (Star and the Forces of Evil)?

Most likely this

Lum was suppose to be a one off character right? Shinbou was meant stay ataru's girlfriend

This too. Lum and Shampoo at least have a distinct style. Most of Rumiko's females are the same generic long black haired girls.

Yeah, but she also has the exact same "role" as Lum as the exotic girl that loves her boyfriend no matter what

Kinda weird she'd make a point after yatsura Shampoo was absolutely not going to get Ranma

Why should she set the same type of girl as the winner in all of her shows? That would be boring and predictable.

I mean she was going to originally

Shinbou was meant to be main girl and she's literally the same as Akane and Kagome

I meant that it felt like she made Shampoo an exact Lum clone and downplayed her ability to win Ranma as a way to what she wanted to do before

but I agree it does get boring (and did) and I'm glad fans ended up liking Lum enough she stuck around

Lum had to become a lot less aggressive (aside from when angry at Ataru) and acted more like a normal girl when hanging out with other girls after being elevated to main heroine. Shampoo basically keeps that early Lum character running throughout Ranma - attacking other suitors and making plots to make Ranma go for her.

Also, Shampoo originally was meant to have green hair, you can see it in Ranma's first opening.

Yeah, you can think of the two shows as two different routes in a dating sim. At least as far as romance goes.

>she set the same type of girl as the winner in all of her shows
Aoyama Gosho?

What's up with all these Rumiko-related threads these past few months? Not that I'm complaining, just curious.

>Shampoo originally was meant to have green hair
fug

Lum-chan best girl.

Her character designs are ALL copy pastes.
Also Shampoo and Lum share basically nothing.
Shampoo is more like Akane with more yan than tsun.
Lum is mostly dere and unless Ataru acts like a leech she's mostly quiet and loving.

So the purple hair color was a anime creation?

>Shittiest overrated 90 character
>Submissive
>Fucking cheater
>Inconsiderate possessive
> Obsessive stalker
> Stubborn crazy
> Manipulater cunt
>Unbearable odious
>Hateful destestable bitch
>Her "love for ranma" is faulse as her honesty

Fuck off Akane.

is
isn't that all of them? even the guys?

Most of them are desirable waifu trait

Shampoo should have won. Nobody liked Akane.

>"Lum was suppose to be a one off character"
>Title of the series is 'Those Obnoxious Aliens'

Sure

There are more aliens than Lum user

Ranma did

REKT

Ranma didn't. Rumiko did.

Keep telling yourself that, Shampoo.

nyaruko is obviously inspired, but im not sure if i would call it a copy
to love ru did followed urusei harder

If Ranma didn't like Akane, why did he keep turning the other girls down and why did he get upset when other guys went after Akane?

Obviously he wanted the D himself.

>Lum was suppose to be a one off character right?
People say that just based on her not being in the 2nd chapter, but she already returns by the 3rd chapter when they bring aliens again (the 2nd chapter was about demons), and the name of the series make a reference to aliens. So, I doubt she was meant to be a one-off, just not the main girl.

Ukyo > Kasumi > Nabiki > Akane >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shit > kodachi > shampoop

Put Nabuki next to shit and we're game.

No

Wait a minute, didn't Ranma end with his exact love interest being inconclusive?

Literally a pimp AND a whore.

If you're as dense as Akane regarding her pet pig, yes. Totally inconclusive.

>Nabiki's not first

Sure, real order is:
Nabiki > Ranma > Kasumi = Akane > Ukyo > Shampoo > shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> kodachi

But no one had a chance besides Akane.

I want to be whored out and used by Nabiki!

>best girl is a guy.

Ranma is a manly man!

This is pink Lum. She is just like regular Lum, only is pink instead.

She also has more exposed flesh from time to time.