>animes
wait for the pre-2k thread idiot

We need a pre-2000 board.

>animes
Kill yourself.

No we don't

I too was in that thread a few hours ago

>being esl

The one saying animes would be the newfag ESL, idiot.

>animes

Wrong. Animes is the grammatically correct way to pluralize anime. We're speaking English, not Japanese.

Why are 80s fags such a morons?

>defending animes
fuck off and lurk more retard. you say anime on Sup Forums

I've been saying this for months.
A lot of people have.

And if you want to get really technical, anime comes from the French word animé, the plural of which is animés.

It doesn't need a board because the occasional pre-2000 threads are fine as they are. Nothing stops you from making a thread about old shows but for some reason everyone that does makes them at 3 am EDT.

Kill yourself

I'm a robot pleb, I HAVE to watch 80s anime!

I'd rather a manga board. Sick and tired of anime only faggots ruining all the comfo threads

It's a niche that Sup Forums doesn't cater to.
The pre-2000 threads are too unfocused.
I've seen people start threads about older shows on /m/ because they just wanted a nice slow thread with people who were actually into anime.
Any threads here besides some Urusei Yatsura and Sailor Moon threads get bumped by people posting about seasonal shows and Dragon Ball, which is fine I guess, because that what Sup Forums is mostly for.
I just think a nice slow board for people who mostly like hand drawn/painted shows would be good.

It was truly something to witness.

I'd post in it every day but I think it would be dead as fuck

Then again, /vr/ is easily one of the best boards on the site.

Learn grammar.

Lurk more, newfag.

We really don't. There's not much to discuss about them since they are finished and well-discussed already.

People discuss old art in every field.
That discussion is more niche, and gets squashed here.
I think it would be allowed to flourish better in a more focused space.

????????

Not an argument. You'll still be wrong no matter what buzzwords you use.

People have been saying it for years. This too

>old anime threads die because no one cares
>so we'll make a whole new board for no one to post in
genius

Niche discussion in modern Sup Forums takes the form of generals and meta threads and anons trying to build up a persona, it's a very romantic idea but you're better off going to reddit or somewhere for that kinda thing.

>anime comes from the French word animé
No, it comes from the Japanese rendering of the English word "animation" as "animeshon".

No-one else has their heads so far up their asses.

I don't know, you may be right, but I just feel it'd end up a really niche board with a really low attendance rate, if that makes sense. And probably the only thing we'll see is asuka vs rei debates there as well.

That alone would make it one of the busiest Sup Forums related boards, desu.
Guranteed there'd be a Sailor Moon general within a month.

What's wrong with a slow board? Most of the best boards are slow

Which was better dyke Priss and straight Linna from the 80's or straight Priss and dyke Linna from the 90's?

Sup Forums isn't slow

This is the most retarded argument I've ever heard, considering most of us weren't watching 80s stuff as it came out, plenty of stuff wasn't available to EoPs back then, and people manage to discuss older movies/games/books/music etc. with no problems.

Yet I keep hearing it.

The only reason in-depth discussion doesn't happen often in pre-2000's threads is that no two people in the thread are watching the same shit and there's some 30 years worth of shows the topic covers, so outside of the shit everyone's seen like BGC, it's hard to discuss. I have nothing to say about Maison Ikkoku because I've never seen it, etc. While I don't think we need a seperate board, individual threads would solve this, but can't survive against modern shows on Sup Forums, so I get where they're coming from. I just don't think the board would have any traffic, and what traffic it did have would be Toonami-only fags from other boards who suddenly think they're in good company.

What a coincident because Sup Forums is shit

The Sup Forums forum for capeshit and HBO shows?
No, thanks.

>Straight Linna
>Ever

I'll concede that 90s Linna was Maximum Turbogay though

Nope. They took the French word for cartoon. Animation being an English word is irrelevant, that's not where it comes from.

So, it's just going to be a contamination board for those discussions? I'm fine with that.

Depends if it actually gets regulars that are willing to discuss the same thing over and over or not. Speed isn't necessary an issue, but without any progression in the sense of new topics to discuss, it'll go stale rather quick and just die out. And I just have a hard time imagining the demographics visiting Sup Forums in general is willing to discuss the cores of shows that are not evangelion threads. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that I worry it's life will be shortlived?

Fuck off normalfag.

>>old anime threads die because no one cares
On Sup Forums. I'm sure there are plenty of people who like and want to discuss old anime but don't want to have anything to do with this board.

It's called /m/

If you think dividing boards is a good idea you are a fucking moron and need to lurk more.

I mean if the board is bad then so what? Gundam and Utena threads aren't banned on Sup Forums even though /m/ and /u/ exist so worst case scenario is that nothing changes

80s/90s anime still looks so much better it's ridiculous. All this "progress" in digital animation and they still can't do coloring that doesn't look like overly bright glossy digital vomit in 2017. If I was some extremely wealthy eccentric I'd pay studios to return to cel animation

Good luck discussing actually good old anime there, those fags only care about Tomino and Go Nagai garbage

If 80s anime was so good then why don't they make it anymore? check mate

> We really don't. There's not much to discuss about them since they are finished and well-discussed already.
>>/m/

Then why is /vr/ lightyears better than Sup Forums?

Because current methods are cheaper and easier.

>I mean if the board is bad then so what?
How stupid are you? Do you realize boards directly related can affect the quality of each other? It's the same as /vp/ and /vg/ bringing the cancer from their generals and board culture to Sup Forums.

Thank god /m/ exists.

They're both shit

Not to say you're completely wrong, much of it is a Gundam board, but I actually picked up Layzner because of a thread on there, as well as Macross 7, Fafner, GGG, and a few other things. Been looking in to Dragonar as well, but I never could get past the opening for some reason. There is some discoverability on that board, they just love their Tomino I don't blame them, Tomino is fun even when his work is a trainwreck.

Because Sup Forums is the worst board on this website and it was lucky it didn't end up like /vp/ and /vg/.

Sup Forums wouldn't change at all with this. That's part of my point. Why make a separate board for what will basically be an attempted Evangelion board with the very, very rarely thread about something else. Especially since a lot of pre-2k shows already fall under /m/.

Beside /tg/ and Sup Forums, i dont wanna have anything to do with other retards either

No, /vr/ is great.

This, I don't even how how it happens but it just makes things worse.

I disagree, as gorgeous as the hue budget productions of the 80s were, I'd say the industry grew into digital coloring a little under a decade ago. Yeah, they can't make shit look like cells, but they're generally not trying to, and they can get comor contrast that wasn't possible with paints and such. It's trading one thing for the other, but not really a net loss.

If anything was lost from that time, it's the willingness of the industry to dump huge stacks of 80s dollars into projects (could Robot Carnival hope to be made today?) and animation that's rooted more in fantasy than reality (modern stuff tries to look like anime before it tries to look like life, in general).

stop telling people to go to /m/. its my comfy board. there are Sup Forums and Sup Forums lurkers here. I dont want them shitting up even more places that I used to like.

Fair

You would say that

A manga only / anime only board is a great deal. Anything that keep the casual anime only fags out is a great deal

It's too late. I'm already there, posting in Pacific Rim threads and talking shit about Getter!

You really don't.
Seriously, I go on 2ch, they have a million boards for everything and it sucks.

Maybe we'd be better since they are already much heavily modded than us so it kills fun, but it's really just too much.

Stop making fucking generals, retard

I like the slow threads on 2ch.

80s are the worst decade for anime. Starting from the 70s each decade has its own masterpiece. 70s has Anne of Green Gables, 90s has Eva, 00s has Aria and 10s has Madoka. Whereas 80s has none, despite there being many great anime made in that decade, no true masterpiece at all.

Even if this were true, judging a body or work only on it's peak is retarded.

Also, 90s should be GitS

Do you believe what you've just said or is this a trick?

Are those the only 4 anime you ever watched?

ZZ is unexpectedly good.

80s has Cream Lemon

Yeah. All I have heard about it was constant shitting how is it stupid and childish compared to superior Zeta that made for adult people, but I actually liked it more than Zeta.

Nah, that's completely wrong. A whole is worth as much as its most valuable part, you can discard the rest. The rest exist only as far as it is related to the best of the best. Thus even if there was no other anime aside from Eva in the 90s, or even worse there were only shit anime, 90s would still be the best decade for anime. Just as the masterpieces I listed transcend great anime, Eva transcends those. Even if you put a million Madoka, or Aria, or Anne of Green Gables, Eva would still be worth more. It's a masterpiece among masterpieces. Actually, I would even go as far as to claim that the tiny country of Japan only existed for Eva to be made. That's just how much Eva transcends any other kind work of art, let alone anime in particular. It's honest to God one of the best things in the whole history of mankind.

Laying it on too thick, you lost it.

Just for the record, here's what I consider to be masterpieces among masterpieces: In literature, Beckett's Endgame, Notes From Underground, Ecce Homo, Book of Disquiet and Don Quixote. In film, only Bokanowski's Angel and perhaps 2001 or Cries and Whispers. In music, only Beethoven's Grose Fuge. There's only one such anime as far as I'm aware and I don't give a shit about other forms of art.

Your trolling is to obvious, you are trying too hard.

That is my genuine opinion of Eva. Without attaining the heights of beauty the culture of any country remains ultimately meaningless. Eva is one those heights. Without it Japan would be just an above average country, with Eva it is one of the most accomplished cultures of all time.

most anime from 80/90s make modern anime look like they have 60 frames a second

Modern anime is hideous m8.
Looks like a bunch of 1s and 0s.

I bet you also say samurais and sushis you uneducated fool.

>animes
What the fuck is that

But I do

Sup Forums is the most fun board

then why are you here?