Started to watch TTGL and this fucked me up good, what the heck

Started to watch TTGL and this fucked me up good, what the heck

F

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5xNnPmnkNzg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

at least you had some screentime with him, for example Outlaw Star's teacher figure was offed in one or two episodes and she was the best girl too.

F

It's all downhill from here

This. Nia literally ruins the show.

Nah...all goes pretty down since timeskip

I loved every moment of this fucking show. Fit me.

Got your back

These guys know what's up.

This.

AND EVEN IF THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN US...

...AND EVEN IF WE HAVE TO FIGHT AGAINST A COMPLETE UNIVERSE...

TTGL remains a mediocre anime

nice shit taste

>TTGL remains a *GOAT* anime
FTFY

Nia is literally the most special snowflake mary sue waifu bait character in all of anime

It's still my favourite 9 years after watching it
Im 21 now and I still grin like an idiot while watching it.

Also I will never give a fuck about Sup Forums's opinion on it, since it was overwhelmingly positive when it was airing and started being more sour after it got popular. If there are issues and you genuinely don't enjoy it? Fine, everyone's entitled to an opinion., But calling it mediocre while it's being discussed 10 years after emission is fucking stupid when the average mediocre show fades into obscurity in less than 1 year.

I don't like it != It's bad

Heros are remembered. Legends never die

Heroes die virgins. Legends become the president of the universe.

Is that a motherfucking Joe reference?

I see that you're a man of intellect.

Simone will forever be a fag for not letting him kill himself

Nia has the best character design of all time

I started TTGL with that episode. It was good and dramatic.

I've never understood all the people who love Kamina's death
(as it occurs) to me it felt lackluster it's only when the show is reaching the climax and he is seen again within the dream does the death reach its full potential imo

What do you mean you started TTGL with that episode? Are you saying you watch shows out of order?

To be fair some of the early stuff is really fucking pointless

>establishing the characters and setting
>pointless
TTGL's plot actually moves quite quickly and a fair amount of things happen in the first few episodes.

You'll notice I said some and not all, the first meeting with the black siblings has alot of pointless shit, as-well as the worst animation in the series by far.

That's true, it's the only episode I think you can skip and not really miss out on anything important, and maybe episode 6. Skipping everything before episode 8 is just retarded though.

I was upset by this, but real talk I gain a level of respect for any anime/manga - or any story for that matter - where they had the balls to kill a main character (for real - as in not bring them back)

was that scene a dangan ronpa reference?

I do that with a series I have low hopes in. Start with the most interesting chapter/episode. If you still hate it, you waste almost no time.

I started Madoka at episode 10.

Same bro

Just finished screening this for 2 of my friends. I told them it was my favorite anime from 10 years back and I fell in love with it all over again

How does Gainax make everything look so beautiful

i feel you user

Eh it wasn't sad. The kids ended up being a complete failure anyways. Shit anime.

I dunno, guys- it seems highly unlikely that Simon would've ever become the badass from the prologue, even if Nia hadn't come along to factory-reset him.

Why does this work so well as a 5 minute summary of the entire series, despite the mid-2000s emo song for teenage girls?

youtube.com/watch?v=5xNnPmnkNzg

Some amv's are unironically just good and this just happens to be one of them. I think it's less the song fitting well and the general choreography is just well done. Like that Ace Fix you amv.

TTGL was pretty decent, like a solid 7/10, but I don't quite get the obsession with it. Great animation and soundtrack but rather unengaging characters (Yoko in particular had zero personality) and pretty dull after episode 15.

How are their tomatoes doing?

Most Sup Forumsnons watched it when they were 15-17 and it's pretty much a perfect show for that age group. Go figure.

Is that an Ashita no Joe reference?

They taste like tax evasion.

Rasengan best mecha

Enjoy, user. Wish I could go back and watch it again for the first time.

This. This show was nothing if not enjoyable and fun.

Kittan > Kamina