Do Americans really believe that the British Empire was a tyrannical government?

Do Americans really believe that the British Empire was a tyrannical government?

Attached: Redcoats-WyrdLight.com_.jpg (600x434, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles_of_Lexington_and_Concord
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Monarchy
Yes
>Is this a slide thread?
Yes.

Monarchical societies offered greater liberties than the democracies that followed. Democracy is a leftist ideology, fundamentally.

Dunno, but lot of them ignorantly believe that the British Empire as we remember it (superpower, 1/3rd of the world...etc) was already the thing in 1776

The truth is that the British Empire we think of was mostly built by machine-gunning backward shitholes in Africa and Asia between 1840 and 1890.

In the 18th century, Spain had the largest colonial empire in the world and Britain was merely a medium european power, far behind France, Russia, Austria and Prussia
As a matter of fact, Britain was the underdog in the American Revolutionary War

Attached: RevolutionaryWarsUS.jpg (1806x1135, 313K)

that's true as well. American revolution was run by Freemasons anyway, and was the precursor to the French Revolution

anyone with any bit of education doesn't really think this, only someone watching The Patriot would have that impression. I think the mostly clearly "standardized" historical opinions for the population are those covered on the AP exams here and they render a pretty accurate and honest depiction of the British government, Empire, and the differences between them and the colonial governments

>Britain was the underdog in the American Revolutionary War

Only at the end. Colonial America had it rough the first 2 years of the Revolution. It wasn't until Saratoga that the British were really in trouble.

post your monarchies 23 and me you abo lover

NO, as a matter of fact i want back in

>Only at the end.

The war lasted from 1776 to 1783
France and Spain got involved in 1778, can't really call that "the end".
The colonist were alone for two out of seven years of war

SHALL

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles_of_Lexington_and_Concord

Good thing I live in a constitutional republic with democratically elected representatives.

Americans believe what Mockingbird tells them to believe.

dem*cracy is an illusion for the mindless masses.
Meritocratic Authoritarianism is most pragmatic and natural.

I was brought up to believe that George III belonged in the same sentence as Hitler or Bin Laden.

But my own independent research and study has convinced me that the Revolution was started by colonial elites who wanted a more expansive government that would cater to them, and the British were something to rally the other classes against.

I sure do have to pay a whole hell of a lot for this much-vaunted representation.

Attached: taxes.jpg (636x351, 39K)

It was the already over the minute France entered the war on the American's side, the British were just too stubborn to let go. It was impossible for them to win from that point on.

In the Colonies nothing really happens after Yorktown in 1781, sure the British are still holding several cities

They wanted to tax us without giving us representation in Parliament. Fuck that shit.

Americans were proud to be British. The founding fathers just became wrapped up in the idea of implementing an ideal government. Very good ideas, but it just didn't work. Stuff like citizen militias and weak fed, strong state rights..

yes. we were approximatley 1/5 of the english/british population (counting only european settlers from the British Isles + Holland), and were not given increased autonomy in exchange for the lack of proper representation in Parliament, as the travel distance hampered proper communication.

If there was more autonomy granted, and then appointment of representatives to Parliament once the telegraph was created or at least better transportation tech, then the British Empire would encompass all of North America as well, giving it the base to be potentially a world conqueror

it baffles me how people in the west see our monarchy as some crazy anachronistic thing, the monarchy has changed more in the last 100 years than the US presidency has in the last 300.

monarchy is the best form of government and we should be grateful we dont live in a godless republic

Attached: 3942485f07f4b82eaef07de7a51c76d1--royal-wedding-gowns-royal-weddings.jpg (517x600, 62K)

Attached: image.jpg (484x605, 53K)

Fuck your tea

1776 was the result of a British civil war.

Go read the Declaration of Independence retard.

well technically the Colonies were continually losing autonomy since the 1690's before that and into the early 18th inconsistently they could do whatever the fuck they wanted almost

still declaring Britain tyrannical for its economic and tax policies isn't quite fair

This, although the British around the time of the American revolution were pretty ruthless bastards , they weren't exactly kind to the Irish or Scot's.

When I a kid, yeah. Now the whole ordeal seems a bit silly desu.

It was more of a necessary evil than anything else.
No compromise could be made that either side would accept.

No but it doesn’t change the fact brits lost to a bunch of pissed off greedy rejects. They could’ve semented there status as a global superpower but gave up in about a decade of trying while there territory Flourished on its own

>They could’ve semented there status as a global superpower

They weren't anything close from a superpower in the 18th century
There were like the 7th most powerful european country at best

I can't imagine a person who isn't at heart a puritan advocating for a "meritocratic authoritarian" society and I have a first-rate imagination.

>tried to tax our tea
>fucked over rhodesia
kys

Right before the war with US they won a war with France. Right after the French had there collapse and Napoleon conquered everything. England was one of the only places untouched due to the sea and you call them 7th place?

Getting rid of the Yanks was the best thing the French ever did for us. It paved the way for global domination

Attached: George III.jpg (569x308, 86K)

>Do Americans really believe that the British Empire was a tyrannical government?
Yes :(

Nation of brainlets.

We rebelled because we were being taxed without representation in congress. At the start of the war we were fighting for our rights as Englishmen. Well then the King gave us the proverbial "fuck you." So then we said "fuck you" right back. Hell, a lot of our constitution has basis in the Magna Carta.

And it's working out great right? That is why you are on here?

>we were fighting for our rights as Englishmen.

Americans were never Englishmen. There is a very small chance that you are descended from any Englishmen at all.

>by colonial elites who wanted a more expansive government
They didn't get it until they were dead though.

That attitude is why we rebelled :)

It certainly is now, and we got out when we had the chance.

The attitude of facts? Americans are as English as Germans are Roman.

Somehow we turned out better than y'all did though. We have our guns, our speech, and a freer economy.

Taxation without representation.

Fuck off chadwick.

>Americans were never Englishmen.
I was never an Englishmen, but my ancestors definitely were. Are you fucking serious? And you call us brainlets?

Britain is fucked because of America though.

Still do, they arrest people for fucking pocket knives and Facebook posts. They are truly lost as a civilization as human trafficking is rampant and illegal immigration yet focus on Facebook posts and knives....Fucking he’ll man get it together.

Americans are not English but most of us have ancestors who were. Why is this such a difficult concept?

>most of us have ancestors who were.

The average black American has English ancestors too pal.

Why boast that you ended up better off when you admit this? Americans betrayed their own so-called motherland whenever possible.

and what did you get after? Representation and more taxation!

>Right before the war with US they won a war with France

Prussia was the main winner of the Seven Years War
Britain had pathetically struggled for an entire decade to defeat France on the North American theater despite outnumbering them 4 to 1, and this while France was focused on Prussia in Europe
Meanwhile, Prussia had fought all alone against Russia, France and Austria in Europe, and basically won

The power ranking among European powers at the end of the Seven Years War was

1. Russia
2. Prussia
3. France
4. Austria
5. Spain
7. Britain

Attached: indx.png (322x996, 83K)

The average black Brit probably does too. And?

Because it is rather ironic.

>There is a very small chance that you are descended from any Englishmen at all.

you are historically illiterate
I've honestly seen such consistently ignorant statements made by UK posters here that I'm genuinely start to see you as a nation of dunces with an even poorer average educational system than here

The only betrayal was the Revolution.

>The average black Brit probably does too.

No he doesn't.

>you are historically illiterate

You are demographically illiterate. Anglo-Americans aren't a majority any more, it's not 1893 any more.

Ok, then neither does the average black American.

They still are.

I believe the current British government is.

The American objective in entering the second world war was to destroy the British and French empires.

No such thing as a nigger Brit.

No such thing as an Anglo-American.

you said descend from ANY Englishmen you weren't talking about Anglo-American "English" identity, don't backtrack. Virtually every white, Protestant American has English ancestors, not entirely, but a lot more than you'd realize as the English formed the majority of settlers in the 17th century and had really high birthrates

Then there is no such thing as a nigger American.

You are right, we are American.

You did that yourselves.

Which is why Churchill begged us to fight alongside them.

>No such thing as an Anglo-American.
>Anglo-Americans aren't a majority any more, it's not 1893 any more.

I see already that words are meaningless to you. I respect neither your intelligence or your honesty and won't bother arguing with you

Plenty of evidence to the contrary such as Suez

He was naive. He assumed the Americans would behave like allies.

Englishness is at odds with Americanism.

That has nothing to do with Angloness, which is genetic.

>no representation
>not allowed to pursue national economic policies
>no local rule
>rights either ignored or outright dismissed

the real question is how do modern Americans/brits *not* think their government is tyrannical?

>Americans were proud to be British
Until they shot them for refusing to turn in their guns.

Expand, brainlet.

The Suez is irrelevant. You started a war you couldn't win in 1939 and bankrupted yourselves to win. Get over it.

Americanism frowns on child rape.

>The American objective in entering the second world war was to destroy the British and French empires

That's very true, but it's England's fault for letting Churchill hand over the Empire. Had England sided with Germany, Europe today would be at least somewhat of a counterbalance to the Zionist/American empire instead of a total slave/lackey.

Attached: KK4bs3QSGmz8_8Lri0PNUHTeyvzJJScxnGiXp-vlYWE.jpg?w=604&s=d7b61b77e33dc0602b37fa291ced6c9e.jpg (604x391, 113K)

this guy is just typing because he likes the way his keyboards sounds

honestly just has hot air and a couple of pennies up there

I am so sick of faggots like this who hoenstly believe that the Brits dindu nuffin. Read the fucking Declaration of Independence for fuck's sake!
>He has refused his assent to laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
>He has forbidden his governors to pass laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
>He has refused to pass other laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of representation in the legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.
>He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.
>He has dissolved representative houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.
>He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; whereby the legislative powers, incapable of annihilation, have returned to the people at large for their exercise; the state remaining in the meantime exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.
>He has endeavored to prevent the population of these states; for that purpose obstructing the laws for naturalization of foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migration hither, and raising the conditions of new appropriations of lands.
>He has obstructed the administration of justice, by refusing his assent to laws for establishing judiciary powers.
>He has made judges dependent on his will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.
>He has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance.

Attached: 0dW8oQW.png (503x583, 359K)

>He has kept among us, in times of peace, standing armies without the consent of our legislature.
>He has affected to render the military independent of and superior to civil power.
>He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his assent to their acts of pretended legislation: For quartering large bodies of armed troops among us: For protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment for any murders which they should commit on the inhabitants of these states: For cutting off our trade with all parts of the world: For imposing taxes on us without our consent: For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of trial by jury: For transporting us beyond seas to be tried for pretended offenses: For abolishing the free system of English laws in a neighboring province, establishing therein an arbitrary government, and enlarging its boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule in these colonies: For taking away our charters, abolishing our most valuable laws, and altering fundamentally the forms of our governments: For suspending our own legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.
>He has abdicated government here, by declaring us out of his protection and waging war against us.
>He has plundered our seas, ravaged our coasts, burned our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.
>He is at this time transporting large armies of foreign mercenaries to complete the works of death, desolation and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of cruelty and perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the head of a civilized nation.
>He has constrained our fellow citizens taken captive on the high seas to bear arms against their country, to become the executioners of their friends and brethren, or to fall themselves by their hands.

>He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavored to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian savages, whose known rule of warfare, is undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions
>In every stage of these oppressions we have petitioned for redress in the most humble terms: our repeated petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.
Now kindly fuck off

Attached: 1521156340276.jpg (780x1179, 187K)

He did nothing wrong, and all the masonic whining in the world won't change this simple truth.

Oi you cheeky wanker butter noife license or it's off ta the gallows wit ya!

Attached: 56b6a4d71a00009c01ab2231.jpg (630x397, 47K)

Nelson fought against the republican menace all his life.

Attached: Nelson.jpg (800x600, 49K)

I would honestly be willing to give our country back to Britain but they aren't taking our rights, so unless they enforce our laws or go in the opposite direction it isn't happening anyway.

i wonder who could be behind this post

And then a sniper shot his faggy ass

You want Britain to enforce American laws for what exactly?

And then Napoleon died alone on St Helena, in complete misery.

Lmao who cares about that manlet
He wasn't even a true Republican

Yes, our domination

>wanting to get ruled by 2018 Britain

get yourself seen to for that suicidal ideation m8

And America is in great shape mate.

I want America to return to Britain and I want Britain to go back to its history of freedom, which America has somehow done a better job embracing.

That's why I said I don't want Britains laws.

>I want America to return to Britain

There is nothing to return. It's people have no connection to Britain.