Why did I wait until this came out on Bluray to watch it...

Why did I wait until this came out on Bluray to watch it? I waited so long for this to come out that I missed all the discussion. I hate it when this happens.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7GgeiA8wAq8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>not watching it in theaters during its limited screening

Around this time last year I was planning to watch it in the cinema but I got the dates wrong and missed it. I didn't bother seeing it this year because now it's the dub.

Going outside

It's never too late, what did you like about it, what did you hate about it?

I liked everything. Probably one of the best animated films I've seen in years.

I only watched it last week too, but because I didn't care. Turned out I really like it.

I liked it too, a lot of people here like to shit on it and say that Koe no Katachi was better but I don't really think they are very comparable.
I really liked the main characters and I thought that the voice acting and artwork was really superb

It was enjoyable but also strangely forgettable.

They're both good films. I felt like Koe no Katachi erred a bit too much on the melodrama side of things? I know few people whose lives were really altered that much by what they did or didn't do in elementary school. Most people move on from that stuff so I don't see why the protagonist was such a loner in high school. And the suicide attempts were both a bit too much I feel.

I wanna be inside Mitsuha's ass

I beg your fucking pardon?

Yes I felt exactly the same way, I also thought it was a little too unbelievable that Ueno was so awful to Shoko, you'd think a normal person would develop a conscience by that point

>strangely forgettable

Nice post, her ass isn't even in this picture

>a lot of people here like to shit on it and say that Koe no Katachi was better
only that deaf retarded user

What's your point?

top fucking queq

user, the truth is that even though that picture does not show any ass, I too want to be inside Mitsuha's ass

I truly respect that statement good Sir. I believe we can be close allies.

>ass
>of some village girl
she probably doesn't wash herself and has a hairy smelly ass

That's ok, I too am from a village

Villages in Japan do generally have running water you fucking ape.

ah shit I forgot to change my name. Now how will people know how bad I wanna fuck Mitsuha.

you can imply it through your posts

I'm from a Bhutanese village

>not watching at the AX2016 world premiere 2 months before release in japan
>not being the first person to spoil Sup Forums in the form of a keitai copypasta

true true tuturu

I would rate it similarly to death note. It was good, but clearly designed to appeal to casuals.

The narrative left many characters very underdeveloped. For example, I found the love story fairly unconvincing since they interacted for maybe five minutes on screen, and the vast majority of the body swapping was glossed over as well. Side characters were props designed to fulfill one or two purposes.

The movie is actually very short if you pull out the credits and insert songs. On one hand I admire how compact they made the story; but on the other hand I wonder if they really needed to emphasize the narrative so strongly given how predictable and repetitive it was.

If they had used another ten or twenty minutes to properly flesh out the characters the movie could have been much more interesting.

I've watched all of Shinkai's other works which may have biased me as well. Kind of like how you realize Clannad is actually garbage if you've already seen the fifteen "cute girl dies of mysterious disease" shows Kyoani produced before it.

Anyone else watched it more than once in theaters?

6 times here.

Didn't they run out of money while they were making it? Could explain the problems with the love story

>I found the love story fairly unconvincing
don't fuck with Musubi

Sadly never caught it in theaters. I sincerely regret being a faggot and not watching it on the big screeeeeeeeeen

Why though

What is this character? I see it everywhere

>I miss my chance to see both Your Name and Silent Voice in theaters
The worst part is that I ended up loving both films

I don't know is the honest answer. I planned on doing so, just never got round to it.

This is a kami of down syndrom or, if you wish, a semen demen

Is this a declaration of war?

Don't feel too bad, watching anime movies in theaters is always a gamble since you never know if you'll be stuck with cancerous normalfags and underage retards. Then you'd wish your first experience with the movie was in the comfort of your own home instead.

How long was the line and how early did you have to be there to get inside?

YES

Yeah you are right about that, but when I went to see Akira with a friend I had nice experience in the cinema
Tho I imagine there was a chance of some fucking fujos screaming and crying in the emotinal scenes or something

Come on then pussy boy. I'm waiting.

Line was maxed out but we were in the first 50 or so people because we went there around 1.5 hours before the movie started. All the good seats were still taken by then because I was in the poorfag line.

By some miracle I actually managed to snag a seat on the first row.

Fuck, and here I waited the same amount of time to watch Mob Psycho, I really fucked up.

Because you're probably an insufferable dubfag.

Honestly, AX is pretty fucked without the premium pass. This year there wasn't a single line I didn't stand in for less than an hour.

The line for Mahoutsukai especially was absolute fucking chaos, they basically sent everyone who didn't get after the cutoff in one giant fucking lump of people to the front, and by some miracle I ended up at the very door and got in.

Hong Kong is doing a super-limited theater screening for one day this month as an anniversary of its premiere. I didn't know about it until it was far too late, and I'm super pissed that there are no more extra seats or screenings. I really wanted to get to know how the Asian community enjoys the film.

I highly urge you to browse the archives and look up the April discussions, they were the most comfiest times and really pushed the factor into rewatches.

fucking hell, do you guys always have to sexualize everything?

IT'S JUST A CUTE FUCKING LOVE STORY STOP TAINTING IT WITH YOUR NAUSEATING EXCESSIVE PRIMAL HORMONES

Same
Watched it a few weeks ago,I dont know if I love it, but it sure is one of my fav anime movies
The only thing I could find at that time were discussions about the live action, I hope thats put in development hell along with the Bebop and Akira live actions

I was like the 10th in line for violet evergarden got there like 2 and a half hours early.

I was on the second or third row of the zig-zag for that, I think I got there 1~2 hours early? Violet Evergarden was in the big theater though, while Mahoutsukai was in the hotel.

The world is full of degenerates user
You just gotta live with it

I'm glad someone else made a thread so I didn't have to, I'm also late to the bandwagon but I've had this on my mind a lot.

What do you guys think happened in the moments right after the ending?
>they fucked xd

Do you think their memories immediately started coming back when they heard each other's names, or maybe started coming back slowly as they got to know each other? Or not at all?
One noteworthy thing I think was the fact that after Taki found out she died he suddenly started losing his memory of her, but then it came back later, and when they met on the mountain he seemed to remember everything again. So it seems likely to me that the memories are inherently tied to their connection.

Another thing I realized relatively recently is that after the comet comes in the second timeline you only see Taki's side of the story and not Mitsuha's. When Mitsuha was in Taki's body no one ever figured out what was going on. But Mitsuha's grandmother and father both recognized what was happening, and we can assume that during the timeskip they'd talked about it a lot. It's possible that rumors even spread about it given the controversy surrounding her father somehow predicting the comet.

TIME FOR CHOO CHOO TRAIN

>Do you think their memories immediately started coming back when they heard each other's names, or maybe started coming back slowly as they got to know each other? Or not at all?
Nope. This is kami called Musubi, god of mariage whose symbolics are all over the place ie red ribbon. It was his trick to bring them together. Memories although lovely, are not important in that context. And the audience is left frustrated

It was a good call ending the movie right there but damn do I want to know how that conversation went

>so.. where you from?
>well I grew up in Itomori but moved here after ...you know
>WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA????!!!

I'm sure they remember each other for the reason you describes. They both are the trigger or "key" to each other's memories. The reason they were always searching for something they couldn't quite remember is because they never truly forgot. Their memories were merely dormant and "locked" until the red string of fate brought them back together.

I can't fathom why someone would draw this as like a fully finished picture with a detailed background and everything
that was clearly like 10 hours of work and for such a dumb idea
It's not even funny, it's like the artists intention was just to have a good ol' jej over all the people asking "why the hell would anyone spend so much time on this?" - if that's the case then I guess they got their wish

What do you call this fetish of drinking someone's saliva?

Read the after manga and yes they fucked and are a couple.

>t. Musubi

>living in a country where the screening was limited

Just watched it and came to see if there was a thread. I'm cryin like a little bitch

>living in a country with no screaning

you mean the fan made one? that doesn't count retard
but yes, I did and thoroughly enjoyed it

>lives in a fucking temple, father is a politician/mayor
>somehow thinks she's still some random village girl with no means of being clean and civilized
You can also usually tell how clean people are through appearance also.

that old familiar phenomena

I watched it yesterday, and today watched Koe no Katachi, im not sure if it was becasue i got drunk during Koe, but it didnt get to me as much as Your Name... All in all good films that left me wanting more.

Only Marnie can top kimi no na wa mi no to ni ma na no

Am I the only one who finds this and the other pic cute and endearing. GOD I wish I was Taki.

>watching this in theatres
>tfw meteor is blowing up the fucking town
>tfw the booming sfx across the theatre
>tfw you realise everyone is fucking dead
who else got ridiculous goosebumps
i want to feel that feeling again

Because it deserved to be watched in a comfortable environment with a quality copy to fully enjoy the film it is.

100 days until we win the oscar

Best song
youtube.com/watch?v=7GgeiA8wAq8

I don't think it can qualify
It came out last year
also
>Something that isn't from Disney or Pixar
>Winning the oscar

Didn't Spirited Away win an Oscar?

That was over 10 years ago

So it's possible, you just have to convince the Hollywood Jews somehow.
If Miyazaki can do it, surely Shinkai can as well?

this one's better desu

Ur one of em

Because it's quite cute. Stop being a kill joy.

Yeah, but at least I know there's somethings you shouldn't touch

No you don't.

Wtf donu mean

I like the original better but that vocalist was a bit better than the original

my favorite was probably Sparkle
the movie version, the original isn't that good
if they could make one like the movie version but without the filler part that would be perfect

not everyone is like you, Joker

This was basically 5 cm per sec but with a happy ending.

it's not cute, it's some weird fetish shit or something

I watched it last night and now, like with any other shinkai movie, I'm in a month long period of depression of tfw no gf

But it is cute, and they're just fooling around.

Taki, why am I pregnant?

>characters are cock blocked by trains
>characters are cock blocked by an asteroid
Yeah

lucky bastard, there are rarely good threads like this about it
it's usually someone comparing it to something else and bitching about how it's overrated
...or about the hollywood thing, in the last couple weeks

user...

Would that count as cucking?

Did anyone else not want them to find each other in the end? I feel like a somber/melancholy ending would have complimented the story well.