San Luis Obispo County Jail Inmate Died Naked On The Floor As Deputies Watched

>After releasing an inmate who'd been bound naked in a restraint chair for 46 hours, sheriff's deputies at the San Luis Obispo County Jail watched as the man writhed on the floor, lost consciousness and later died; video obtained by The Tribune shows.
>The footage contradicts county officials’ version of events leading to the death of inmate Andrew Holland in January 2017.
>The Atascadero resident was pronounced dead on the floor of his holding cell at 5:36 p.m. on Jan. 22, 2017, roughly one hour after he was released following nearly two full days strapped to a plastic restraint chair, The Tribune’s review of more than 100 hours of jail surveillance footage confirmed.
>The county's medical examiner ruled Holland's cause of death as "natural" due to an pulmonary embolism, when a blood clot in his leg traveled to his lung.
>The video from that day shows deputies watching from outside the cell as Holland writhes on the floor, struggles to breathe and loses consciousness. Some deputies are captured laughing at several points throughout the footage.
>Contrary to the county's account of the incident, the video shows that Holland wasn’t “found unconscious and unresponsive” and was not “under the continual care of a physician” at the time.
>In an email Thursday, County Administrative Officer Wade Horton called the video "extremely painful to watch."
>"What happened to Andrew Holland was a tragedy that impacts our entire community," Horton wrote. "Although we can't bring Andrew back, our county has made and continues to make changes in response to this terrible event."

newsmediawatchdog.com/single-post/2018/03/17/San-Luis-Obispo-County-Jail-Inmate-Died-Naked-On-The-Floor-As-Deputies-Watched-Chilling-Video-Shows

youtube.com/watch?v=MuKoo0aZOcE

Attached: Andrew Holland.jpg (1140x640, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinstitutionalisation
youtube.com/watch?v=TGHvFpNCrtQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The video is very sad...

Seizure? Maybe stroke.

Pic related I guess. The guy was schizophrenic and the deputies treated him like shit. More info:

>Holland, 36, had suffered from schizophrenia since his early 20s and had been in and out of County Jail on low-level offenses.
>He was last booked into the jail Sept. 30, 2015, for battery, resisting an officer and probation violations.
>According to court records and his family, much of his next 15 months was spent inside a cramped isolation cell with just enough room for a thin mattress, toilet and sink as his court cases progressed and he continued to have scuffles with jail staff.
>Jail video shows Holland striking himself in the face while sitting on his bed in the isolation cell around 6 p.m. on Jan. 20. Blood can be seen pooling on his mattress.
>At about 6:30 p.m., a group of riot-armor-clad deputies and what appears to be jail medical staff transport a naked Holland face-down on a gurney to the jail’s main intake area and into a glass-door cell used to house intoxicated inmates.
>Five minutes later, Holland is strapped into a plastic restraint chair.
>He is left there for nearly two full days, with deputies and medical staff entering the cell every 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours to rotate his arms and legs and offer him a cup of water and food.
>It is not clear from the video whether they offered him food and water every visit, but Holland is never allowed out of the chair to use the toilet.
>According to county policy, staff is required to rotate an inmate’s extremities to prevent blood clots from forming. Blood clots have the potential to form an embolism, which can be fatal. They can be caused by extended sitting or lying down.
>After spending 46 hours in the chair, at about 4:30 p.m. on Jan. 22, Holland is transported by jail staff into a neighboring cell, where he is released and left lying naked and alone on the floor with a thin blanket beside him.

Attached: Untitled.png (626x561, 40K)

Not a medfag, but Pulmonary embolism.

If you sit for too long the blood flow in your legs gets disrupted, this can cause a clot, which are bad.

Says he was bound to the chair for 46 hours, which would be plenty of time.

MMO addicts have had pulmonary embolisms from spending less time than that at their computer desk.

who gives a shit he was probably wack as fuck

stop trying to demonize the police faggot, without them we dont have a country

Unfortunately Sup Forums is a bunch of boot lickers who will excuse any bad behavior on the part of (((the police))).

You're wrong on this one.

Case in point

>have legit mental illness
>Torture is okay

Nah. He was tortured and the result was death, which is homicide.

yep they murdered him.

What's recommended length of time before you should stand up and stretch for a while?

Then sue the department faggot. This isn’t politics nigger. Saged filtered reported.

It's obviously politics are you retarded? this is pretty much the type of thread that's bread and butter for Sup Forums newfag.

what a hellish place to die in

Do mentally ill retards need to be strapped to chair for hours on end or is it unethical torture? Is this a police state or are the degenerates getting out of control again? IF YOU DON"T TELL ME HOW WILL I THINK FOR MYSELF

yes it is related to politics, you boot licking beta boy

>Seizure? Maybe stroke.
Article says pulmonary embolism, which is a blood clot in the lung. If he was sitting for 46hrs the clot probably formed in the leg and migrated to the lungs. It happens to some people on long flights as well

can't wait for society to devolve again, people are so autistic. What are they supposed to do? They go in there and have to restrain him then he gets injured and his family sues still? Risk hurting him and officers? If he is bad enough where he needs to be strapped to a chair for 2 days put a bullet in his head and get it over with.

Nobody deserves this kind of shit.... especially somebody who has a mental illness like schizophrenia.

Attached: 5112101635261263.png (250x250, 63K)

:(

>he needs to be strapped to a chair for 2 days
What an incredible assumption.
If only people beforehand knew doing something like this was dangerous.

All you cucks stop talking about an ethnostate, it won't happen ya'll bootlickers

Shame the state will never charge anyone over this. All that's left is citizen's justice.

wow lets let prison guards refuse to help prisoners in an emergency
won't it be great when the guards get away with watching tyrone shank the white bois in prison for wrongthink

Attached: 1400874517304.jpg (894x894, 109K)

Corrections officers aren't trained to deal with the mentally ill. Unfortunately someone with it has very little value in the eyes of society and cases of abuse like this usually are quietly forgotten

you think they strapped him to a chair for fun?

If they didn't take him out of the chair it's because they could not do so safely. Talk about assumptions look at how many you are making.

That video got to me, I don't know why. Saddest shit I've seen in a while. The ending where he's struggling to breathe is horrible. Can you imagine just laying on some cold concrete floor, naked, while a bunch of fucks are staring at you dying from the other side of the door? Fucking hell man.

Attached: feels.jpg (550x370, 32K)

They were heard laughing too.

Attached: Hello stalker.jpg (760x797, 239K)

go cops!

there used to be places to send people with these issues, not that they were treated much better than what happened to this guy.

Is this a troll? Are you people serious? This person is a basket case. A hazard.
Do you honestly think they strapped him to that chair for no reason? They did everything they could to keep him from killing himself, but he died anyway.
Thank god the lunatic wasn't running free putting others in danger. He should probably have been euthanized years ago and avoided the whole thing.

>it's impossible to sedate or calm a schizo with pills
>you just can't do it

LOL

Is this really a sentence you just wrote?

are you going to put your hands near his mouth and force feed him pills? Think that would look any better on video? Also there is a good chance they tried something similar and he just made himself throw up. But yea why bother thinking when you can just shit post

>>The county's medical examiner ruled Holland's cause of death as "natural" due to an pulmonary embolism, when a blood clot in his leg traveled to his lung.
I'm not sure how these chairs are in use without medical supervision considering this. When I was in the hospital for 12 days, several times each day a nurse would come by to give me Heprin (blood thinner) shots to prevent this from happening.

Strapped to a chair for 2 days straight ? My God...
USA is a terrible country. Sadistic people are allowed to torture in jail and citizen are too brainwashed to realised how horrible it is.

This is literally north Korea tier but "cleaner". Bunch of foreskinless deshumanised retards.

I have a question then, does the USA not have mental institutions for schizo's and people affected by other mental sicknesses? Or do they just toss anyone in prison.

Attached: 5590355764818445.png (897x843, 118K)

We used to have a ton of mental hospitals decades ago, but most of them closed down. Now, many mentally ill who aren't taken care by family at home are either transients (homeless) or in and out of jail.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinstitutionalisation

most are homeless or in and out of halfway houses/jail.

The dark awakening is upon us.
The forces of good need to awaken to counter it.

Remember, demon can only enter through the cracks of what is broken, heal yourself, and parent, don't break your child.

Btw, this is sick, just to remove freedom from a human being is the biggest of sins, of course it sometimes has to happen to prevent bigger sins, but none the less, it's a massive crime against the nature of man.
To then increase that and then not take responsibility for the natural reactions of it, is punishable with a trip to hell.
Poor soul who wrote this off.

>satanist niggas need to learn about contracts
>you sign, you own
>not talking about your little flirt with "satan"
>he ain't no adversary
>just an ascended demon

Attached: 452349-atali_the_frost_giant_s_daughter.jpg (866x1189, 322K)

thats what killed him, being immobile makes your blood clot then when they released him the clot moved to his lung.

They were all closed in the 80s iirc. If you put people in prison you can legally enslave them and force them to work under the 13th amendment. If they're in a hospital you cant. And no that isnt hyperbole, the 13th specifically permits "slavery as punishment for a crime".

Sadly this. Its economy of scale. There are so many of us that as long as it happens to an "other" it didn't actually happen

Stretching after about an hour is what they recommend for office workers so I imagine the same.

Antipsychotics can be administered intravenously. The situation in OP is a classic case of incompetence

>>anything in the human condition is good.
Its the natural order of dominate or be dominated. If you think for a second humans are motivated by anything less than self interest you and everything you care for will be taken advantage of by someone who does.

kys pig

Are you Matt or Maureen? Your video sucks btw.

i think this is very dependant, theres no exact time, you can even do some execise for instance contract your leg muscles and gluteus muscle (fighter pilots do that type of exercise to avoid losing conciousness on some maneuvers) i know is not exactly the same thing but is related.

youtube.com/watch?v=TGHvFpNCrtQ

since the article does not mention the crimes he commited to get himself on probation they must have been bad. if you lib scum love this guy so much you pay hiz lawsuit. bleeding heart pussy men.

>>The county's medical examiner ruled Holland's cause of death as "natural" due to an pulmonary embolism, when a blood clot in his leg traveled to his lung.
This shit is why they tell gamers to not sit for 24+ hours at a time. This was about as "natural" as dying from being strangled.

More piggies afraid of the spotlight

Ah, a right wing SJW in the flesh. Pitiful.

>tortured
grow up faggot, he was restrained for his own health. maybe the protocols weren't properly implemented, but equating this with torture just shows what a brainless memester you are

coward pig detected

>prison guards refuse to help prisoners in an emergency
He looks fucked up, which is actually an improvement on how he looked when he was punching himself in the face

You're a delusional faggot

Sorry I give little shits about some schizodying in Jail
The faggot should have been in a fucking looney bin but someone probably thought that mean and he did whatever he did to get thrown in the slammer and be an annoyance to the police in there

>but equating this with torture just shows what a brainless memester you are
Its exactly the same as midevil period torture devices you retard. Pic related

Attached: museum-of-medieval-torture.jpg (337x450, 30K)

An hero, idiot.

Attached: 1521184618221.png (480x609, 241K)

>Sorry I give little shits about some schizodying in Jail
That's unfortunate. Hopefully you, or someone you know/love, doesn't have to experience the same thing this guy did. He died in agony, both mentally and physically.

Tbh he should have thought of these sort of consequences before he got schizophrenia no sympathy.

there's nothing like prison guards laughing over your dying body.

odds weren't in his favour. Would it somehow be better if he died alone or took someone with him?

Nice appeal to emotion
Doesn’t work on me though

Your argument is the same bullshit kikes use to ban all guns

strapped in a chair and get your limbs massaged ever hour.
seems exactly the same as your pic. faggot

Not sure desu, but they basically threw him naked on the floor during his last hour... he could barely move for a while.
Waste of trips. Stay edgy, faggot.

>get your limbs massaged every hour
>two female deputies standing around while some fat dude massages you instead
sounds like hell

Well half those "cops" are female. The average cop is retarded. The average person is pretty retarded. Really can not expect them to go out of their way to help someone with mental illness like that, especially when they run the risk of losing their job/ getting in a major lawsuit from the victims family no matter the outcome. Kinda like the good Samaritan laws in china. Plus they are not trained well enough to handle situations like that so they are scared, running the risk of doing something stupid like strangling him or shooting him.

>seems exactly the same as your pic. faggot
Its actually worse, you have enough range of movement in that cage to move your own limbs you retard. And that clearly never happened either considering this guy died.

tfw you have one less inmate to take care of

Attached: tfw.jpg (118x132, 6K)

Is it fair to say that the risk from government troopers when visiting (((USA))) is equal to or worse than the risk from Jihadists when visiting a Muslim country?

I fucking hate pigs/hacks almost as much as I hate niggers. One day I hope the human race can be freed from this scourge.

They can't carry firearms in jail normally. Only less than lethal weps. Yeah, it's true that most cops, let alone people, are low IQ and they're not trained to deal with the mentally ill properly. They should just reopen insane asylums... would probably prevent a lot of mass shootings and other shit too.
Enhanced for meme material. I hope this piece of trash got fired.

Attached: 1521276739283.jpg (590x660, 53K)

worse

If you're low key and obey the laws, not really. But racial profiling is a real thing.

schizophrenia perhaps is one thing, but christ I got beaten and bruised up just because I insulted a cop, and failed to heed a warning to stop while driving nicely. Got choked, strangled almost crushed upon because I refused to obey the cops. Didnt even resist. Just did literally nothing. 15 minutes of police brutality lol. They even beaten me up in such a way that it doesnt show up on the skin too badly. Christ these fuckers.

>The obvious cop in this thread or family of a cop trying to make excuses
You're a faggot

>racial profiling is a real thing.
Probably because there are races that are more likely to commit crimes

The way you American rightwingers cuck for the government forces ia utterly pathetic and willfully retarded. The "police" in your country are a military force which your government uses against, you they're objectively your enemy. They're even worse now as they're full of diversity-quota wamyn.

Fuck off. I was SDPD for a short time and I think what they did to this guy is disgusting. Not making excuses, just speaking from experience.

sounds like you werent beaten enough as a child. now you will be beaten as a manchild.

though to add: in hindsight I did act like a fucking nigger in some way, threatened the cops. They probably thought somewhat that I had weapons. But still mang. They probably knew by body language alone I had on weapons.

Anyone saying schizophrenics deserve to suffer/die is an imbecile and enemy of the white race.

Schizophrenia ranges from un-noticeable to batshit crazy. My brother is schizophrenic and literally no one other than me or my parents are even able to recognize it.

Tell me my brother deserves to die and I'll tell you when you can expect a bullet in your head courtesy of me.

We used to until the 80s. And now the powers that be pretend like a lot of mental diseases are normal, or they get you loaded on meds.

Attached: jazz-jennings-leather-jerky-grandma.webm (1280x720, 1.62M)

So you broke the law and got roughed up for it
Sounds like you deserved it

kek, maybe. I got off with a ticket and a warning though. But christ, it was just one missing drivers license, why was there such a huge brutal response. Fugging just let me go lol.

I started doing this and perhaps am unable to deal with the extra test, christ. I am too aggressive everywhere now.

Attached: 1511714937044.jpg (2186x9384, 3.28M)

It was pretty noticeable on this faggot

>tie someone down for days
>blood clots form

Hmmmmmmmm

You didn't do anything wrong. If you were beaten on charges of not having a driver's license, in my opinion, you should have legally had the right to shoot the officers.

good luck with that. sounds reasonable.

When I was In Jail and bipolar manic they treated me like shit. Just because of some misdemeanor charges they can deny you the actual help and medication you need. I now have a felony because I fought a correctional officer after being transferred from one jail to another and having a medication mix up. I am all sorted now but it sure was a learning experience.

yea, I know of the sovereign citizen movement. I tried to act in a way that would ignore their authority without doing harm to anyone else. I just drove off from the cops, failed to listen to them, but at the same time drove safely on the road without endangering anyone else. When they stopped and slightly rammed my car I didnt resist, put my hands on the wheel and did literally nothing.

The whole 15 minutes. I didnt resist, didnt act agressively, didnt cooperate. It did not compute with them that much. All the while they were being aggressive to me, trying to choke me out, putting me in postures which are very uncomfortable. And you know why? Because I told the cops that they are fucking losers.

In the jail a bunch of them got together, but when violence failed they forced me to the ground and removed my pants. Then it was as if I heart a belt unbuckle, at which point I resisted.

You all are idiots

Kelly Thomas had some mental problems but he didn't deserve to die
The police could treat you or a family member the same way

All this anti-gun bullshit but the truth is that many of these people has mental problems and need help, not an ass-whooping

Attached: kelly thomas Ovij.jpg (721x397, 27K)

After which I just said to one of the cops "I am a muslim" not sure if that was the thing that triggered them to stop. Felt like they were going to kill or whatever lol

Attached: Kelly-Thomas s.jpg (497x238, 72K)

>torture
No, goy.
That was just "enhanced interrogation".
Cops did nothing wrong.

>Died Naked On The Floor As Deputies Watched
Well, what are you supposed to to with a deranged lunatic fucker who's writhing and screaming all the time even when he isn't dying?
There's a reason for why he was in prison, there's a reason for why he was in solitary confinement, there's a reason for why they restrained him.

Do any of you boot-licking burgers wana explain why there was diversity-quota women in there with him while he was strapped to a chair naked?

>hurr durr! blue lives matter!!
>hurr durr! protect the wamynz!!