Who is the worse protagonist out of the two?

Who is the worse protagonist out of the two?

When Shirou is an option for worse protagonist.

He's nearly always the answer.

One is a punch, the other a sword. Not much difference aside from that.

>[series I like better] has the better protagonist!
There, I saved you 500 shitposts.

Fuck that.

You are, OP.

Both are great protagonists.

Nobody could be more insufferable than Shirou, with the exception of Vash.

I like Touma's series far more, but I like Shirou as a character far more. I just don't care about Touma in a SOL capacity.

They're both good.

Understandable.
I just like how the equivalent of Shirou vs Gilgamesh is Touma just punching Accelerator.

Accelerator isn't even the Gil of Raildex

That is a better discussion.
Who is the Gil of Index?

Mikoto obviously; usually she's only flicking coins, but imagine if she just grabbed a handful of nails instead.

I don't really think there is one. Coronzon is probably going to be Raildex's Grail Mud though

Aleister.

Either Aleister or those magic god people who are totally the strongest beings ever except when they actually fight.

Mikoto does have a genuine "what I like is mine" mentality like Gil. Misaki does too. Index is the one with "I have all the x"

They're fairly different considering Touma, to my knowledge, is not fucking dead inside.

You must not read the novels

That should be evident from "to my knowledge."

Did he start out that way or did events in the series kill him inside?

>not fucking dead inside.

Everyone loves Touma though.

Not me

Yes you do

VN Shirou is better than LN Touma and anime Touma is better than anime Shirou

VN Shirou is better than anime Shirou and LN Touma is better than anime Touma.

I respect your opinion but humbly disagree.

Putting the whole "you lost me" nonsense aside VN Shirou is pretty good protagonist.

No I don't retard

He's already got a tsundere, pick a new archetype

Touma's fine, Shirou is shit

TouMAN

Well now
That all depends on who's got the worse-looking cock

best answer

you're a faggot OP

shirou is a piece of shit misogynist so i will go with touma

Fate stay night
>no fanservice except for a few h-scenes that were added against the writer's will, and another one that actually has story significance . These scenes were taken out/altered in all other releases of the game past the original
>female characters are maturely-dressed
>not a harem

Index
>one of the main female characters is dressed in next to nothing
>the girls are exploited for fanservice/shitty ecchi comedy
>lolicon pandering
>is a harem

Which one is really trash?

>Fate
>not lolicon pandering
I agree with the rest though. I love how old TM made their characters dress modestly and not like whores. It's really a shame that they stopped doing it.

WHERE IS MY ILLYA ROUTE DAMMIT

If we're taking an ethical standpoint on this. Then the one that uses rape as a way of making a character seem more evil is far worse than some skimpy clothing on the degeneracy scale. There's no high ground for fate here.

this

>the one that uses rape as a way of making a character seem more evil
what

Muh self-insert beta harem eroge MC

Why is he so gay?

> implying that rape in narrative is a problem and should not be written about
Fun fact it also uses threat of being murdered, threat of gruesome deaths, threat of fate worse than death and shitload of other INCREDIBLY fucked up things like human furniture. Its a dark dark ark world, even if it is contemporary.

Sexual themes have always bee intertwined with both supernatural and criminal fiction. And Nasuverse is mix of both.

Shirou is well written character.
Touma is not

He's well written in only one single route and in only one single anime.

Gee I wonder which series you've actually read and which you haven't.

the boys are just better

I wonder how many people saying Shirou is a bad protagonist has actually read the VNs. Because he doesn't really work in the anime, a lot of his characterization is in the way he narrates his monologues

Was there actual misinformation in his post or are you just memeing?

>female characters are maturely-dressed
>Rider prior to HF True
You're not fooling anyone user.

No problem with touching on the topic, Index also touches on it briefly, but we already know how much of a slimebag Shinji is. Turning him into a rapist on top of that really doesn't add anything to the character or story.
Regardless, my intention was to cherry pick a minor aspect of the series and use it to make broad strokes about the whole thing, as means of demonstrating why it's a stupid thing to do.

I´ve not read the novels of Index nor the visual novels of tay Night; but i´ve seen the two Seassons of TAMNI, read the manga of Fate and seen the anime of UBW.

And Kamijou is much worse protagonist (in the animes, i repeat). Both are bland and boring, but at least Shirou transmit an interesting message about being a hero and the incapability of saving everyone because of the fact that humans tend to kill each others.

Kamijou is just incoherent. He wants to save everyone, but i don´t know why. In the beach part his dad says that he was alone in the shcool because of his horrible luck and therefore he developed a strong justice sense (thing that i understand). But, hadnt he had amnesia and did not remember even his fathers face? Then why does he want to save everyone if he has no motivations for that?
MAybe if Kamachi gave him an existencial dilema about the fact that he has a personality but anything to sustain it (conflict that could bring interesting themas about memories and how determinant are they for us) i could understand it. But Kamijou saves everyone... because of yes.

And what definetely lost me was when he tried to escape from Orsola when she was in the bus station at the beggining od S2. If his personality rounds about helping others, why did he was annoyed when Orsola asked him for help?

At least Shirou is coherent at that point. He wants to be a hero because of his father´s influence and because of his past trauma. And this "i need to help everyone" is followed all over the adaptation. Even in the school he can not say "no", not even with people that take adventage of him such as Shinji. Shirou has a strong motivation and an ideal that he follows in every situation, ideal that is crushed in both the manga od fate and the anime of UBW.

Kamijou has not motivations and even if he had, is no coherent with his ideal.

That´s why i consider that Emiya is ten times better character than Kamijou.

Remember not to reply, thank you.

The way he presents the information is obviously biased in his preferred series' favor. Some fanservice and pandering is present in Index sure, but far from the main reasons why people are actually drawn to the series.

>animes
Opinion discarded.

>I´ve not read the novels of Index nor the visual novels of tay Night
Stopped reading there.

At least Vash is funny. Shirou is just boring.

Yet somehow got more pussy...

which was heavily implied to be because of Shinji since she dresses like this normally.

Rape was for Sakura, not Shinji. And yes, it does add to his character because his character is supposed to be evil incarnate that fails at everything. If you want a Shinji with actual character you should read EXTRA CCC.

And besides, who else would rape Sakura? Some random guy off the streets? In my opinion that would reduce the impact, since having your family rape you everyday is worse.

At least he's a got plot reason for being autistic.

Lesson about Nihon media; the anime is always worse.

Go forth with your hard won knowledge and prosper.

>I´ve not read the novels of Index nor the visual novels of tay Night
>namefag
>tl;dr

Nasu's writing is defended all the time, especially people who read his text in nip and think it's actually quality prose. Nobody will ever defend Kamachi's writing ability, neither on a technical level nor while discussing plot advancements. There's a big gap there in how people view their works.

Touma is actually gay and is bullied by every single female like a little bitch. Nigga doesn't even get to sleep on his own bed, literal no backbone pussy.

She is summoned in the same battle outfit in Grand Order.

One is bland mamoru shounen shit for 12yo, the other is not. Pretty obvious.

That depends. If discuss obut Kamijou LN vs Shirou VN i have no opinion because i have not read those creations.

But the Author of the thread has not say anything about "which kamijou" or "which Emiya", so i compared the ones that i know.
If anyone wants to talk abouth those characters in his anime adaptation i will be here. But, as you can imagine, i will not discuss about something that i have not read.

It is just a matter of focusing the thread and saying "which character in X version is better". Whithout that last part we can not go anywhere

>Nasu's writing is defended all the time
If his writing requires defense all the time then perhaps there is a reason for it?
>Nobody will ever defend Kamachi's writing ability, neither on a technical level nor while discussing plot advancements.
Now that's just misinformation.

>ironically consuming LN's and VN's

Why is Sup Forums intimidated by reading real books?

>Grand Order
The same game with Berserker having access to Nine Lives, Mashu tanking Excalibur Morgan, Mashu or the incarnate-heroes even existing the way they do, parody servants, etc. IT is a fanservice game, an excuse to spend money on waifus, let's not pretend to take ti seriously.

Not gonna comment on prose, but plot wise he's a solid step above the standard LN trash that Index is usually grouped in with.

>Captcha: WATCH FOR White
Blood Sign is pretty good too, thanks google.

>1984 in high-tier

>Why are people consuming media related to the board topic?
Huh, I'm not sure why user. A real thought provoking question.

>tfw too pleb to tell if this is a bait chart

>reading real books
Because I read them all? You supposed to read all those books in school.

>character goes through a hell like experience over and over and over and over again for a million times

>next volume he's some how able to communicate normally

Yeah get outta here, garbage writing

>let's not pretend to take ti seriously.
>is now the main story in the current Nasuverse
You can't anymore.

>Lolita not in god tier
It's a bait chart.

There's Pride and Prejudice in middle-tier, user. That should tell you enough.

>Anime and Manga board
>no mention of LN or VN at all

Please tell me how VN and LN are relevant? You know there are real books that are adapted to anime so you can't damage control using adaption excuse

Sometimes i do not want something deep and difficult to read, so i catch some random volume of Spice and Wolf and i have fun reading it.

There is time for everything, not just for "the best". There are days in whic i preffer to watch Kingsman rather than Paths Of Glory

>perhaps there is a reason for it
Retarded EOPs think that TakaJun's (or whatever his name is supposed to be) translation is a good representation of Nasu's writing, so they think Nasu's writing is shit. This is pointed out in literally every Fate thread. Are you new?

You see this is how you spot a guy who don't read shit. He thinks books are nothing but deep and philosophical shit.

VN and LN plays big role in anime industry.

>real books
What are fake books?

Can Accelerator deflect Gae Bolg?

I would accuse you of reading summaries, but even they would give you a general idea of what happened during that arc. So I'm just going to assume you've heard it from someone.

So restoring to the muh adaption excuse. Guess I'll just start making threads about every real book adapted in to anime and start a discussion over it. Heck i should do the same thing about anime vidya right?

LN's. VN's are just a glorified interactive picture books for braindead people who can't even read

>LN's. VN's are just a glorified interactive picture books for braindead people who can't even read
Wow great argument fagtron you sure convinced me with those hot opinions.

>I'm such an intellectual for reading "real" books! I'm going to waltz into an LN/VN thread just to show people mature and refined I am!
This is you right now

>being this much of a retarded newfag

Back then, Sup Forums wondered aloud why "crap" like UBW is translated, and described Fate/Zero as "Nitro+ turning shit to gold."

>Touma is a normal high school boy and reacts to things like a normal high school boy would
Stop posting on Sup Forums, Touma

What are you reading right now?

No i read it from a few years ago. It was retarded the only thing that came from that was him only being triggered by sight and talk of magic gods when he was killed in so many different ways so many times pretty much should have had a vegetable for a brain. Later volumes he stopped being triggered by them in the kamisato arc so that shows how glossed over it was. People that come back from war are way more fucked up than this guy yet he obviously suffered more than them. Heck that faggot in Re-Zero couldn't even talk anymore for a while after only a bunch of failed loops.

Index is a harem LN which is simple to read in the first place. Fate is a doorstopper VN with lovecraftian eldritch horrors and magic concepts rooted in western and hindu occult, multiversal branching paths, an obscure Kanji and stylistic furigana which is more engaging to read, and other Nasuverse works shows an even larger universe. Its both chuunishit sure but you can't compare these two.

Subaru was also pretending to be retarded.

>Guess I'll just start making threads about every real book adapted in to anime and start a discussion over it. Heck i should do the same thing about anime vidya right?
Do it. I have no problems.