Who did it better?

Who did it better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_JmDzqTPhJE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

neither

Cell obviously. He would be disgusted by Meruem for even thinking he's better than anyone.

well i wanted meruem to win.

they have green on their design and have tails
thats all they have in common

FPBP

meruem is standard shounen bad guy because bad guy, like Cell ironically

'no'

At least Cell knew he was an asshole. He didn't try and justify anything he did. He was a strong fighter and he wanted to fight another strong fighter.
Meruem... was pathetic. going on an on about how his race was superior even though the only reason he wasn't curbstomped into the ground was because the really strong human fighters weren't there.
Cell really WAS the strongest for a while.

Cell was fun, Meruem had depth.

>hxhfags believe this unironically.

>the really strong human fighters weren't there

did you even read the series ?

>defending shitty writing
O

Meruem did get curb stomped by the nuke and it was the plan all along. He literally fought the strongest human fighter.

SHIT

MY

O my rubber nen isn't an asspull.
Try reading the series, next time.

>strongest human fighter.
much after his prime

Netero was still much stronger than everyone else, except maybe his son since we don't know his strength, and he was in hiding.

Prove me wrong.

>hxhfags believe in true things
damn them

Cell by far.

>Norio Wakamoto
>Best arc in Dragon Ball
>Creepy as fuck
>Cool design
>Goku vs Perfect Cell is one of the best battles in the series.
>Introduces Mr. Satan
>Tien actually does something for the first time since he died to Nappa.
>Actually kills Goku, only other person to have that honor was Piccolo.
>Throwback to Red Ribbon Army.

The one which is not a rip off of the other

>the state of HxHfags

Togashi literally stated that he based Meruem on Cell.

Sure, just like how Killua's sister(male) power was totally not another asspull.

Non-argument.

Explain how O my rubber nen is an asspull.

So? name something other than the design they have that is the same.

Meruem was a shitty character in a better setting. (Perfect) Cell was a slightly (though not by much) better character in a shitty setting. Overall Meruem's story was better but if going by purely character then I'll pick evil Goku clone who want the exact same thing as Goku over the toddler bug who literally thought because he could kill people who outclass him in some skills that somehow magically make him better than all of those people. Cell was lazily written where Meruem wasn't written at all as characters. Of course if you have a long ass arc with a blank slate of a character as the main antagonist then some development is bound to happen. It is worth noting if you include Cell in all forms as a single character he had far more development, he went from a stealthy bug that mass murder harmless people to a cocky person who kinda want someone stronger than him.

Aesthetics aside Meruem was clearly a better character. They both start as the stereotypical villain with a superiority complex, but while Meruem gradually acquired depth and complexity as a character Cell changed only is appearance, never breaking out of his own stereotype.

Cell. He stood in one place for a week and challenged the entire world to square up

meruem was a way more interesting villain

Nen can come back stronger after death this is the reason why the troupe didn't go after Kurapika. His soul would just kill more of them. Pay attention

alluka was an asspull

o my rubber nen is debatable

>o my rubber nen is debatable
No, you're just retarded.

kys and purify the earth life

nen working after death was explained like 18 years ago

Anime Cell > Meruem
Manga Meruem > Cell

Cell literally has no character what so ever in the manga. The cell people know is Anime Cell

Did what?

They are both the fusion of thousands of humans.

That's my point, it's not an asspull, and it's not debatable whether it is or isn't one.

>Cell in all forms as a single character he had far more development
Getting stronger so that you can flaunt your ego isn't development. It's the same character with the same beliefs in different circumstances. I'll give you that it did serve to make Cell a much more frightening and suspenseful monster, pre Perfect, but that's about it.

Meruem has an actual character arc where his worldviews change more than once, and at the end he has to reevaluate what's important to him entirely. He doesn't lose his egotism entirely, but he treats other people far differently from his beginning to his end, for no other reason than his values and experience.

I mean, there's more than one way to compare the two, but in terms of character and development, there's not much of an argument to be had.

In some cases, as with Cell, that was a point to his character. Not every character is ‘better’ because they are mutable and can be beat at Go.

Cell would have defeated Kumagi at Go easily.

Mereum was too weak.

The second Mereum lost in a brain game humans were established as smarter, then he got defeated by being tricked and was basically just entertainment for Netero who just wanted a good fight before dying.

Mereum is a good character but he can’t compare to Cell.

>Burter Cell
I do like the more first form Freeza looking cell though

Cell - boring but fairly unique villain concept wise. Toriyama was forced by his editor to make him as shit as he was.

Ant King - literally Cell-Freeza hybrid, as well as Togashi rehashing his edgy "themes" from Chapter Black. Togashi is free to do what he wants so he had no excuse.

You can't get a more generic villain than Cell, Meruem at least had his conection with the gungi girl.

youtube.com/watch?v=_JmDzqTPhJE

>o my rubber nen is debatable

His power shouldn't allow him to come back to life after being braindead. What conditions did he put forth to have that happen?

Or does Togashi just not care? That's probably the answer.

You mean the flat one dimensional relationship that's about as good as Mr Satan and Buu being friends.

Why are Chrollofags still buttmad over O MY RUBBER NEN when Chrollo fucking killed Hisoka?! Why don't you get it?! The only reason Hisoka's nen could activate like that was because he fucking died, why won't you Chrollo fags be satisfied with that?

Better one dimensional than zero dimensional as Cell's relationship with...pretty much anything.

Cell is only good when he is getting a beating from Gohan.

Cell, this question isn't worth a thread.

I don't think OP is really Cell, user.

both of them eat people to gain their powers

Back to Sup Forums with your console war.

Wakamoto made Cell good

>Mereum is a good character but he can’t compare to Cell.

DBZfag believe this.

That’s your best rebuttal? I didn’t say Mereum was bad but he is not as good at being Cell as Cell is.

-not related-

>That’s your best rebuttal?
Rebuttal to what? You didn't make an argument you said that the point of cells character was to be a two dimensional and flat villain

and then made the claim
>Cell would have defeated Kumagi at Go easily.

Beyond the fact that you have no evidence to support this claim it says almost nothing about cell or Mereums character

>but he is not as good at being Cell as Cell is.
I consider this a compliment to Mereums character that he is not two dimensional and flat

I don't care about either of the edgemeisters because they're bad characters, but Hisoka not dying is still BS.

Explain, I'm game for the same boring, regurgitation for the hundredth time.

I've already made peace that memes trump actual debate and the average Sup Forums debater will spout asspull almost reflexively to anything they don't like.

Oh andMeruem's a better character by heads, shoulders, knees and toes. Irrefutably so.

If you want to debate whose more entertaining, I guess Cell got funnier quips and his cockiness is fun to see, beyond that he's has as much depth as a rain puddle. Beneath even Freeza by far.

Meruem because he wasn't a fucking idiot.
Cell got everything he wanted but pissed it all away anyway.

Namefag being retarded as usual

Meruem is a better character but I like perfect Cell's design better.

That's one thing Toriyama got right.

Saiyan blood is on record of causing brief pangs of sheer stupidity just to satisfy throbbing fight boners.

See: Goku, Vegeta, Cell, Black.

They are both bug men.

He made the covenant right before he was killed speed reader.

imperfect cell > meruem > perfect cell

"perfect" cell was just an battle autist, "imPERFECT" cell is way superior

Cell's design is a million times better than Meruem's, and he was far more entertaining to see in combat. As characters, Cell stopped being charismatic as soon he transformed for the first time, and he actually got progressively more boring personality wise since he sopped being a sci-fi monster who used underhanded tricks, while Meruem had a very decent character arc that showcased the theme of the manga's arc as a whole as he grew as a "person".

Now, if you actually go what a villain is actually suppose to accomplish in terms of serving as an antagonist for the main characters, either physically or ideologically or both, and the changes he might potentially bring in the story, then Cell was a better villain because Meruem had ultimately very little impact in any of the protagonists as characters, and his impact on the hunter's world at large was deliberately small. To summarize, Cell was a better villain and antagonist, while Meruem was a better character.

Is this even a question? Meruem is literally like Togashi went 'hey, imagine Cell... but written for adults, with some actual depth and a meaningful character arc'.

And still his 100-Type Guanyin would do little to no damage to Meruem. Another thing is Meruem wasn't even fighting to kill Netero, he was aiming for certain parts of Netero's body at some point in the fight.

>only reason he wasn't curbstomped into the ground was because the really strong human fighters weren't there.
Holy kek this delusion. Meruem was less than 4 months old, and he didn't even bother developing his Nen like the Royal Guard had.

If he did, he would handily beat Netero, Ging, etc.

see

Not him, bu that's not the problem. Hisoka spend a ridiculous amount of time without any oxygen supply to his brain, which physiologically speaking should have caused severe neurological damage after only four minutes. Togashi introduced no plausible explanation for Hisoka's survival in optimal condition, so it is indeed a plothole even if it doesn't contradict the limitations he introduced on nen power.

Nigger you're reading a manga where kids like Gon and Killua have super human strength. Its perfectly plausible that someone like Hisoka could have gotten through that.

>Hisoka spend a ridiculous amount of time without any oxygen supply to his brain
Headcanon.

It isn't Chrollofags, most HxHfags barely come on here because most of the posts about HxH are made by some autist who has a hate-boner for it or its another comparison-bait thread.
>Hisoka spend a ridiculous amount of time without any oxygen supply to his brain, which physiologically speaking should have caused severe neurological damage after only four minutes

And what proof is there 4 minutes even passed? The news reporter in Chapter 357 makes no mention of time passing, and neither does Machi/Shalnark/Kortopi - all of whom made sure to grab his dead body before anyone could see them (otherwise they would be reported as some group of thugs)

>his impact on the hunter's world at large was deliberately small
You are surely jesting. Meruem's actions had a huge impact on the world. The expedition in the Dark Continent wouldn't have been possible without him.

Mereum is a better character, Cell is a better antagonist.

Cell. Meruem isn't a good villain. For some reason the author wants us to feel sympathy for him when we should feel none whatsoever. Why should I care about some monster who wants to destroy my species? Because he has a snot-nosed waifu? Fuck off.

>Nigger you're reading a manga where kids like Gon and Killua have super human strength.
For which there's an actual in-story explanation. There's zero reason to assume any of this hunters are fundamentally different from regular humans in their physiology. For example, all of them bleed and Gisoka was STATED to have died due to mechanical asphyxiation.

Enough time passed for
A.Hisoka's mechanical asphyxia to take place
B Hisoka's body being removed from the pile of puppets
C. A media coverage team to be dispatched to the area BEFORE Hisoka's revival took place
D. For a doctor to examine the body after it was removed from the pile and and certify the cause of dead
That's realistically far more than just four minutes. Just accept the fact that Togashi was too ignorant or too lazy to investigated this facts before he decided to bring Hisoka back via nen.

*death

>How to miss the point of a character.
Meruem isn't supposed to be the villain of the story, the fact that we spend more time with him than with Netero in this arc just showcases this, and the conversation tehy had before the fight painted Netero in the bad light and Meruem as the hero of the story.

Meruem wanting to take over the world isn't something the audience is gonna naturally like, but you can't exactly blame him for giving into to his base instincts. Those same instincts are shown in different ways with the Royal Guard, Pitou's loyalty was something admirable, but Pouf's was just straight-up manipulative. The antagonist was Pouf if anything, as he was the one who tried to push Meruem to fulfill his destiny as someone who would rule the world.

I don't think Netero is the strongest human. I wouldn't doubt that gon's grandpa, killuas great grandpa and great great grandpa are stronger.

He's physiologically more "enhanced" than the average human. Even without nen, we've seen humans who are capable of superhuman feats. See: Killua.

The dead don't come back just because their hearts are beating, user. Even in HxH that's BS.

>There's zero reason to assume any of this hunters are fundamentally different from regular humans in their physiology. For example, all of them bleed and Gisoka was STATED to have died due to mechanical asphyxiation.

So, when a 12 year old with a few weeks of training can push a 8 ton door. In your mind, we need an explanation to justify superhuman feats in said series?

chimera ant
>people who were turned into meatballs came back with their memories intact

>A.Hisoka's mechanical asphyxia to take place
Which is still less than four minutes. See everything below.
>B. Hisoka's body being removed from the pile of puppets
You're telling me Machi, Kortopi and Phinks are incapable of grabbing Hisoka's body and running to a safe spot in under four minutes?
>C. A media coverage team to be dispatched to the area BEFORE Hisoka's revival took place
Speedreader clutching at straws - see pic related. Hisoka knew there would be a massive media shitstorm after using the basic logic that an audience won't just stand there and witness a fight.
>D. For a doctor to examine the body after it was removed from the pile and and certify the cause of dead
There was no doctor, what the hell are you on about? Like I said, it was just Machi, Phinks and Kortopi. All just s
>Just accept the fact that Togashi was too ignorant or too lazy to investigated this facts
I've debunked all four of your points here. Stop clutching for straws, lad.

>For example, all of them bleed and Gisoka was STATED to have died due to mechanical asphyxiation
None of these mean their brains wouldn't live longer than ours after the heart stops beating.
>A.Hisoka's mechanical asphyxia to take place
>B Hisoka's body being removed from the pile of puppets
These 2 can happen at the same time. Maybe he died just before they reached him.
>C. A media coverage team to be dispatched to the area BEFORE Hisoka's revival took place
I'm pretty sure they were called after the very first explosion since the ref and the audience got hurt.
>D. For a doctor to examine the body after it was removed from the pile and and certify the cause of dead
When was this implied?
Imagine being this uneducated.

They do when you have the tools to perform CPR on yourself, and that's exactly what Hisoka did.

Guys, we don't even have to go in that much detail with this moron. The fact that this series has 12-year-olds who can pull your heart out before you notice and create after images because they're moving too fast shows that realistic physiology is irrelevant to the series. So, it's a non-issue. What makes HxH a "Smart Shonen" is that things like nen are consistent and have clear and well thought out ruleset. The main thing here is Hisoka DID NOT violate any of the rules of nen like the speed readers are claiming.

Even when he tries to go into the nitty gritty of it all he still gets irrecoverably BTFO.

So now that the shitpost have settled which forms are strongest in this list?
Imperfect Cell
Semi-perfect Cell
Perfect Cell
Perfected Perfect Cell
Netero Fight Meruem
Post Absorption Meruem

Any form of Cell is stronger than any form of Meruem, and between each version of the characters, each manga makes it abundantly clear which is stronger. What exactly is the point of your reply?

You also have to consider that the fact that Hisoka's form of CPR is far more effective than that of someone simply pushing on his chest. This is because it's applied directly to the organs in question.

The ribcage usually becomes a hindrance to rescuers attempting it and at times would lead to rib fractures. The nen being applied to the organs directly removes that problem. In addition, you can also consider that the expansion/contraction of his nen can generate a lot more force than any one man or machine.