Is Strike Witches the best WW2 fanservice anime ever made?

Is Strike Witches the best WW2 fanservice anime ever made?

Other urls found in this thread:

eilasubs.wordpress.com/2017/08/31/brave-witches-petersburg-daisenryaku/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes

This show was comfy as fuck. I wish there was more of it.

There will be.

Yes and it's one of those anime with wasted setting potential

We'd wish, but nope

Maybe

Gertrud is still the cutest after all those years

/thread

There's always manga and novels at least even if the future probably won't ever have any anime anymore. And at least there's plenty of seasons and movie stuff to watch what other shows wish they'd ever gotten so much of.

Probably

>even if the future probably won't ever have any anime anymore

Stop being retarded. There is absolutely no reason not to make more anime.

They hate money, user.

We need Pacific War witches.

>3 TV seasons
>movie
>multiple OVA's
>multiple manga/LN series
>tons of toys

Okay.

after the Blunder Witches? not in a million years

Nigga, Brave Witches was above the flop line. Also, SW fans are very hardcore and loyal.

Nothing lasts forever user and there's no reason to make more if it's only marginally profitable at best.
Current anime industry is almost purely just advertising for source materials, but there's barely anything to advertise for left.

That's not the issue really.

It averaged around 6k. Which puts it in top5 in most seasons. And SW $ is in merchandise. Noble Witches anime is just a matter of time too with how popular novels became.

The only major fuckup is the game that is honestly pretty shit. They should can it and make a new one with side shooter mechanics.

Are you serious? It's still in top100 most profitable franchises in Japan almost every year. Usually 90+ but still. It's a very well known ip with lots of fans and fanart still coming pretty often. 10x less popular series get anime.

I want to fuck Marseille.

are they even going to revisit the friendly neuroi witches or the idea is completely canned and they are now all unambiguously evil

>10x less popular series get anime.
Exactly, to promote them.

Two of the seasons and the movie happened over half a decade ago user. OVA's were a bit over two years ago.
As for manga and LN series, the 506th LN ended literally yesterday leaving just only two manga serializations running, which aren't that big as that's never been the case.

BD/DVD sales matter almost nothing in the current anime industry salesfag. As much I've talked about merchandising in the past mattering most, BW merch is really lacking in comparison and there's no wind for it seemingly save for jackets and small stuff going around, no one's hopping on the fig board either.

Please do give the proofs for being most profitable franchise under Kadokawa still in Japan. You're really reaching out with your beliefs.

What were they promoting with Brave Witches?

>evil
Without knowing their motivation you can't really call them evil.

I want to cuddle with Lynne.

unless there is an even bigger threat looming after neuroi (which already kind of happened in S2 when the big neuroi hive wrecked the neuroi that tried to contact humanity) they're evil

>BW merch is really lacking in comparison
All Strike Witches' Nendoroid figures took 10 years to happen. Let that sink in your head, fuccboi.

>SW - 2008
>SW2 - 2010
>movie - 2012
>OVA - 2014
>BW - 2016

What a dead series.

Why? Because you can't kill humans or something?

>BW merch is really lacking

12 pages on amiami. Kemono Friends have 8.

I know, most shows never get all of their main characters featured fully in lineups with stuff. As you say, we'll see in the future if fig producers try waters at some point one by one again with BW, it's been over a year though.

Not sure what's that to prove, bringing Kemofure as comparison is just very silly with it being such a unique show from this year and how it's being handled from its death to revival and current situation.

Ignoring fujoshit only 2016 shows with more merch than BW are Re Zero and Konosuba. And first important big figs come out in half a year.

What was the deal with the nice neuroi though?

tfw when di consider this a fan-service show

*didnt

Yup, and merchandise isn't everything when it comes to producing anime, advertising is the biggest factor post-2010 for source material that's doing well and needs a boost in sales, something that doesn't exist for the franchise unless they come up with a new novel series that ends up popular.
Well, waiting is the name of the game as always.

Didn't you watch the season? She was just overly curious and wanted to get closer to Miyafuji, that's about it. That was then entirely scrapped in start of S2 amounting to nothing plot wise.

See: They consistently made a witches anime every two years for a decade now and 2018 project was already announced.

Wasn't there a hidden agenda plotline that was touched on and never even brought up again? Miyafuji almost got exiled for what happened.

You do remember right that OVA's and BW were announced in 2014, over two years prior to the TVA actually airing. If we go by TVA's solely then BW happened six years after previous season which is a long ass time, done on a shoestring budget with long production time to test waters in modern times with it ending up looking and being what it, well was. The 2018 project can be literally anything as many anons have said in generals few days ago over the past month, it's also an announcement day for future announcement, not the actual date when the new thing comes out.
You might be dead set on believing it to be a new anime announcement but I honestly can't see it at the moment with just two manga series left running and how modern anime industry works, times don't stay forever the same and things change and not everything lasts forever.

I reaally don't remember anything like that being the case. Miyafuji just broke military rules not only once but twice which would've gotten her court martial.

Probably swept that under the carpet since she's a war-hero

She went inside the neuroi nest and it was showing her some shit in the gem she wasn't supposed to know about.

How can other witches even compete?

Oh yeah that part, nothing really came out of it so yeah, nice neuroi just wanted to be nice and get closer and then just got shrekt herself later.

5 Days

By being better

>all the lost memes from the SW threads

Remember the fap bros or muffins?

Although now we have evidence that Raisa is in fact a girl.

Risa is cute

Only when extremely embarassed.

And when she isn't, she's cool and beautiful.

>those recent nude edits

I didn't care about her at all in S1 and now she's one of the best witches.

Inb4 thread gets moved to /c/ again.

That won't happen unless someone starts spamming images.

Animated in 2018. I can feel it.

Should be really with that OP.

Yes there is. I'm not Hijikata.

Best

Girls und Panzer has more fanservice.

>more is better

Found the burger.

One episode of SW has more fanservice than entire GuP.

GuP doesn't have fanservice, you autist.

Hope another season is announced.

I hope it's the gayest one yet.

How can one post be so wrong

Lack of fanservice in BW was so jarring.

eilasubs.wordpress.com/2017/08/31/brave-witches-petersburg-daisenryaku/

Too little too late. At least they realized that TV series needed more. BW in general seemed like an experiment. It felt completely different than OVA's they made not that long before.

I would have liked Strike Witches so much better if they would have had a badguy other than the neuroi. I always thought they were boring and a lazy creation.

Was the whole thing that the girls had magic witch powers until after puberty, or that they kept their powers until they lost their virginity?

Sakamoto losing her powers was her own doing. She was pouring it out through the sword.

I remember the fap bros because I'm one of them.

That honestly felt like a eon ago.

Witch powers start to fade slowly after reaching adult age because fumikane decided so, depends case by case. But after 22 most witches aren't in combat service anymore.

Are there even any cake witches?

They never lose magic. There was that granny who was still flying fine. It's just that magic engines burn their magic so fast they stop being able to maintain strong shields after becoming 20+. Maybe next gen engines will fix that.

Jets are so fast they don't need shields anymore. Beyond visual range and all that.

Yeah there are some, wiki is your friend. Keiko is the oldest combat service witch in the prime age of 25.

There is also that part about jets being much more efficient. Witches need to be young because only at the very peak of their power can they make shields strong enough to stop Neuroi death rays. It's just like most demanding sports. If engines get better that requirement will go away. And Sakamoto will probably seppuku then.

>early jets
>BVR

I wonder if we'll ever get Korean war Neuroi. Or if Humikane will jump at navy witches considering all the Kancolle and AL crap.

Nips didn't lose the Korean war, so they have no interest in it.

>next gen witches
Stop making me want things I can't have.

Also Witch cold war/space race when?

Nips don't care about history. They just want to go back to the time where they lost WW2 and pretend it didn't happen.

Eilanya already won the spacerace.

>Or if Humikane will jump at navy witches
Navy witches are already a thing though, and I highly doubt they'll pull 'water strikers' at this point in time. Just wait for more exposition on the 508th having their base of operations on carriers.

Man that was such a great episode. Made the whole of Brave Witches worthwhile

still mad I didn't get this

user he's clearly talking about S2E6.

Not until they put a witch on the damn moon!

It's a race to space. Moon race is a different thing.

Well, there are already ground strikers so if Manchukuo Neuroi finally start their pacific war version sea strikers are possible.

Seaplane strikers?

They made that terrible BW VR game didn't they?

God, if only they made witches War Thunder or something like that.

I ordered an Eila watch two months ago and got this...

I just feel with KanColle and Fumikane working on that series that the addition of a Sea Striker unit with Naval Guns or torpedoes would almost be in bad taste. Though knowing Fumi he could probably pull it off in the witch universe as well. We already have ships themselves filling the role, though yes your argument with Ground Strikers with tanks in existence can still make it a reality.

Now this on the other hand I'm perfectly ok with.