What exactly defines “unskilled” and “careless” workers according to Sup Forums?

What exactly defines “unskilled” and “careless” workers according to Sup Forums?

MCM Construction, a Miami-based contractor, and Figg Bridge Design, based in Tallahassee, have come under increased scrutiny as details emerge of past engineering failures and inspection fines – including a recent accusation that one hired “unskilled” and “careless” workers.

Attached: 1521292729224.jpg (612x344, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

facilities.fiu.edu/projects/BT_904/MCM_FIGG_Proposal_for_FIU_Pedestrian_Bridge_9-30-2015.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=rRIrs8hQNv0
wired.com/2016/12/pull-car-ditch-super-strength-physics/
news.fiu.edu/2018/03/community-gathers-to-watch-950-ton-bridge-move-across-southwest-8th-street/120395
youtube.com/watch?v=KtiTm2dKLgU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

does that mean "niggers and/or spics"?

Hmmmmmmm

Attached: 1521184832760.jpg (768x1018, 193K)

Hmmmmmm

Attached: 1521199420497.jpg (1200x4694, 903K)

Hmmmmmm

Attached: deleted-fiu-bridge-tweet_custom-1d815363.png (606x523, 298K)

What is this nonsense idea that women are more 'artistic'? Where did it come from and why is it entertained?

wew, good thing donnie gets rid of all the regulations and red tape right?

Fission Mailed

Ah yes, women and their artistic touch. Men are not artistic at all, and never make anything creative. We're all just brutalists who reduce our creations to the basic functional parts. There are simply no instances of men making something both functional and beautiful. Only women do that.

What's that, you say? Women are more inclined to make things that are beautiful and not functional? Pshhh. No way. A woman would never prioritize beauty at the expense of utility. Women aren't known for chasing aesthetics over functionality. How could you possibly suggest such a thing. Hey, let's let women run our society. It's her turn!

Attached: diversityIsOurStrempf.jpg (456x488, 89K)

This is what happens when a woman does a mans job m and a minority woman at that
Western Civilization is fucked

They made a big deal about not cutting traffic and probably cut too many corners, like opening the road again before the load-bearing cables were properly set.

Diversity is our biggest strength

prepare for more of this as america as america becomes less white

It's literally, unironically misandry and misogyny.

brown with a penis or any color with no penis

Reminds me of Social Justice Wars, the Last Mary Sue

> Rosenberg

Oh my! It is those Nazis again!

Attached: Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1969-067-10,_Alfred_Rosenberg.jpg (220x292, 10K)

They coopted it because it is hard to definitely disprove it. It is the same shit as when they say they are the more caring gender.

God your`re a fucking idiot. Please don`t breed.

Attached: Anon+is+a+fag+and+this+aint+on+9gag+_ef0e64eaebc22e38f024020cbfee228f.jpg (259x194, 11K)

>the more caring gender.
Yeah, they do seem to care far more about their selves than men , to the point of selfishness

>"Hey Tom, this is Denney Pate with FIGG bridge engineers. Calling to, uh, share with you some information about the FIU pedestrian bridge and some cracking that's been observed on the north end of the span, the pylon end of that span we moved this weekend," the engineer said, according to a transcript of the call released by the Florida Department of Transportation.

"Um, so, uh, we've taken a look at it and, uh, obviously some repairs or whatever will have to be done but from a safety perspective we don't see that there's any issue there so we're not concerned about it from that perspective although obviously the cracking is not good and something's going to have to be, ya know, done to repair that."

stop blaming it on women you fucking idiots it was a bunch of good old boy Southern white trash who fucked this up

looks like they built the thing backwards, like the mainspan was finished before the support tower was ready and they were compelled to place it in its final position without being ready

If men are better at math, then women MUST be better at art because MUH EQUALITY

Wasn't she the lead project manager? Was she calling to shots or just a diversity hire pretending to be in charge?

Equality means women are better at everything user

facilities.fiu.edu/projects/BT_904/MCM_FIGG_Proposal_for_FIU_Pedestrian_Bridge_9-30-2015.pdf
According to MCM & FIGG's proposal, the cable tower and support cables were for aesthetics only. Apparently, spanning cables along the bridge and tightening them would put the 1000 ton concrete slab under such tension that it would support itself, would span the 180 feet of road and could simply be placed on two support rests on either side of the road. That was supposed to be a milestone of engineering.

Only it didn't work out.

Attached: 1393841842843.jpg (251x242, 11K)

Tower was probably too phallic for her liking

If I saw a half finished bridge like that in the 3rd pic I would immediately do a 360 and drive away.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

>she a good CEO
>she dindu nuffin
>on her way to put tracks on someone's back

if the bridge had been a standard steel truss bridge instead of an "artistic" female designed retardo bridge it would have been half the price, half the weight and also it wouldn't have failed

The support tower and cables were deemed unnecessary for bridge stability and were only to come later. Bridge opening was scheduled for January 2019.

Attached: 1521216808228.png (713x932, 321K)

If that pic was the same bridge above, it really looks like an engineering fail. Shouldn't there be a support in the middle of the bridge, even if just for redundancy?

But anyone can do that. It wouldn't have been state of the art engineering that FIU is so proud of.

> feminist bridge collapses under its own weight
Oh the irony

>Support tower
Hell, any support. Whose idea was it to wedge a 90 ton concrete slab over a busy roadway without any temporary support underneath?

960 tons, spanning 180 feet.
"A milestone in engineering." (head of the FIU engineering faculty)

Steel beams can't support feminist dreams, user.

Here is a regular bridge, pretty aesthetics, built in 1886 and it still stands to this day.

Attached: eiffel-bridge-porto-FC11WJ.jpg (1300x954, 319K)

Place blacks to engineer infra.
Result is obvious.

Yes, but as I said here they didn't need to necessarily install the cable yet, they just needed to make sure the slab was supported in some other way while they completed it. They could have stuck a large jack underneath and coned it off. Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

the "self-cleaning" thing sounds like a blatant gimmick that wouldn't work, how will the cement be exposed to sunlight if it's covered in the particles it's meant to turn white?

The company is a Hillary donor.

How so? Inspectors caught something, and notified them to repair it. Instead of doing anything about it, they decided to ignore it. Inspectors are not liable here, they did their job, gave them ample time to deal with it. This is just white wash to try to shift blame from the diversity crew.

The fact that the engineers decided to ignore their warning, that's where the problems began to happen.

Attached: 06B121AD-FCD1-4093-95EF-C2F2A24CA9C7.jpg (255x220, 15K)

Read Though it still beats me how longitudinal cables were supposed to keep up enough tension to hold the huge weight. Doesn't a 180 foot bridge expand and contract during day/night or dark/sunlight cycles? Doesn't steel expand at a different rate than concrete?

Anyway, they should have closed the road when huge cracks appeared on the bridge on Tuesday.

How the hell did they get away with that shit? Dont they have safety standards they need to meet?

Yes and yes.

Yes they do. They ignored them. Lowest bidders always ignore standards.

>applying tension to concrete
am i missing something? concrete doesnt flex very much, does it?

>The support tower and cables were deemed unnecessary for bridge stability and were only to come later.
If that was the case THEN THEY SHOULDNT HAVE PUT IT IN THE DESIGN IN THE FIRST PLACE!!

Hey OP, I work for a construction company that bid public jobs. Most of these companies didn't design what they built. They received the sketch and build it as is. Also, for union-jobs (mostly east coast), construction companies get their craft labor through labor-union. These workers aren't employed directly by the companies.

>Lowest bidders always ignore standards.
Shockingly true. You even get fake Chinese cables stamped as the higher grade thing nowadays. The cheap stuff is always junk.

so did they rescue anyone under that bridge or are they pretty much flat as pancakes

Not at all. It cracks.
I don't understand the design with hypertension concrete either, and as it seems, neither did the responsible engineers at FIU.

I just hope they review all bridges constructed recently using the same techniques.

Concrete doesn't like tension. It fails miserably with tension. That's why they put tension wires before the concrete was poured. When it cured, they release the tension wires to try to compress the concrete.

It's a known technique, but needs extreme care by some professional people.

Attached: 1521200381445.gif (335x230, 2.81M)

Everything flexes in construction. It's just about putting proper stress on materials

This was student designed?

Chinks made a glass bridge and it is still doing fine
youtube.com/watch?v=rRIrs8hQNv0

Attached: ZhangjiajieGlassByHighestBridges.jpg (1920x1280, 712K)

We should make sure she never works as an engineer again. So much blood on her hands.

Attached: 1507245630157.png (391x323, 237K)

I read in a report that the police "highly doubted" they would find anyone alive underneath the bridge.

consequences

Attached: bridge_named_consequences.png (1581x741, 49K)

>1000 tons of concrete
>flat as pancakes
those niggers are sheets of paper user

not thick paper either, we're talking like a page out of the Bible here

Attached: bridge2.jpg (724x960, 107K)

I am only certain of one thing here, the diverse team from the university that 'engineered' a bridge that could only stand for hours will face no retribution and probably go on to a reasonable career. They will evade blame cos racism

Attached: 1521201416105.jpg (1024x768, 88K)

One day the watershed incident will happen. An incompetent diversity hire will kill thousands of people and the madness will stop.

360?

I have a very hard thing for you to "do"

breddy good

Attached: LA Noir funny.webm (622x350, 2.97M)

The team probably feels horrible, speaking realistically. But there is always the small chance that they may try to evade blame

>autistic touch

Attached: Steve-Jobs-holding-original-iPhone.jpg (635x450, 51K)

Steel span bridge with steel cables. It's kind of hard to fuck that up especially with known factors.

Concrete is still has some unknown things. This is why concrete standard is like 4 times bigger than steel. Every time someone tries something new with concrete. Keep to the standard mix, you'll be fine for the most part, try some weird mix shit like this bridge, now you've entered into the unknown part.

A 360Nobrakes

In construction contracts skilled and careful are defined terms. Skilled means individuals with x years of experience. Careful means they follow safety regulations, the plans, and display quality workmanship.

Not defending the company but this could be said about all major construction companies. They employee 100's on each job. Some are going to be unskilled and careless. However, the fact that this is public record shows they have some issues.
Further, it enforces the fact that they were a diversity hire. As anyone doing their due dilligence should have a better option for a contractor that doesn't have these red flags.

I've never heard of anything like this. They replaced what is normally a steal I beam with cables? That was a bad bad idea.

wired.com/2016/12/pull-car-ditch-super-strength-physics/

Attached: 20180317_133353_rmedited.png (1440x3988, 1.47M)

>run across the bridge carrying your collection of vintage broken spark plugs in your cheap Chinese backpack that the zipper always comes open
>slip on some dog bones that another chinaman tossed on the ground
>faceplant as all the broken spark plugs fly out of your backpack

They without a doubt feel terrible, but will also attempt to evade blame, up until the very moment court passes its sentence.

Usually, going to the lowest bidding contractor. There is a reason why low bidders bid so low on things and the results speak for themselves.

and the madness will stop
No it won't

LOL.
The DA who is to investigate the accident and maybe press charges is also a woman.

4 dead and 11 wounded

A truss bridge doesn't need support tower or cables you ignorant child
They said it was for decoration

It doesn't matter, though. That's what you get when you put women in charge

Attached: obamapepe.jpg (749x1026, 97K)

How can chinks make this when they can't make an escalator?

Seriously, it's like showing a communist the total death toll of communism over the last 100 years. They're like alcoholics - they can rationalize literally anything away to continue their self-destructive delusions.

it's dogwhistle for Hispanic

Are you guys seeing this shit? They are already doing damage control.

news.fiu.edu/2018/03/community-gathers-to-watch-950-ton-bridge-move-across-southwest-8th-street/120395

Attached: flores-bridge.png (1115x648, 270K)

She is also corrupt as all hell and her sons are literally criminals. Look them up - Evan and Ryan Rundle.

I know this is autism on my part, but there are several layers of glass there.
They made several bridges like this and the glass always brake, people panic, nothing else happens. They had to close this big one two times already to replace several sheets.

I think that can be said for human nature in general, but thats just my opinion.

Because Chinks didn't make it, it was an Israeli company that did.

That's transmission fluid by the way.

Workers that think feelings are a substitute for facts.

Attached: 1508295157103.png (504x652, 348K)

What? Is it still like in the 80s, Miami flush with Cocaine billions and anything goes as long as everybody is on the take?

By the way the great AVE has presented what is almost certainly the answer to what happened. In my opinion this was an issue with construction and not engineering.

youtube.com/watch?v=KtiTm2dKLgU

By the way if you like engineering, construction, machining or just various bullshit AVE is /ourguy/

I think they fucked up the tension of one of the members. There's a picture floating around that shows the hydraulic tension machine sticking waaay the fuck out of the concrete pillar the tension rod was attached into.
Something fucked up and the guys noticed the rod wasn't at proper tension, so they kept tightening it up and up and up. What they didn't realize was they were at the plateau in the tension curve, and then boom the rod sheared and it was only a matter of time until the bridge collapsed.
There was even a voicemail left to the company saying they were hearing pops and cracks and groans from the bridge that morning. So somebody is getting the chair on this one.

I didn't want to post the video cause I've been criticized on other boards for linking his stuff, but yeah this video is exactly what I was explaining

Whats to criticize. I watched about four videos of his Friday.
In one he told his viewers to quit being pussies. He isn't racist as he makes fun of all races equally. Proceeds to tell a story about taiwanese eating dogs.

AVE is a boss. Tell those faggots to fuck off.

This.
>lets corporations do whatever they want
>people die because corporation cheaps out
>conservashits blame women and brown people

No, it's more subdued now, but still very corrupt on the inside. In the 80s people were exploiting a loophole in the law that allowed unlimited cash back deposits without notifying the tax authorities, so everyone was flush with cash and no one cared about getting caught, because being on the take for just a few months could make you set for life with boxes of untraceable cash. Now banks have to notify of all deposits over $10,000, so the corruption is a little slower because it has to go through offshore banks and other cleaning services. Still not that big of a deal, as the Bahamas and Caymans are a 2 hour flight away, so it's only caused the criminals a mild inconvenience.

*cash bank deposits

>leaf who talks in memes and rambles about knotting niggers in a factory
he posts here too doesn't he