How comes there are no anime about Yakuza's as a mainplot? You get mafia's and mobs but none that are Yakuza

How comes there are no anime about Yakuza's as a mainplot? You get mafia's and mobs but none that are Yakuza

Other urls found in this thread:

wesscholar.wesleyan.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1023&context=ujss
youtube.com/watch?v=SIsndKkasfI
youtube.com/watch?v=Iw08RExTyY8
boingboing.net/2010/08/10/yakuza-3-review.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I love me some Yakuza, but the whole "KILLING IS WRONG WE ARE HONORABLE CRIMINALS" shit is retarded, and especially more so in anime.

And well, DRRR had a bit of a focus on yakuza as a side thing in x2!!

>organized crime
>"suppose [sic] to protect people"
Wut?

Not every "organization" is a bunch of niggers or headchopping tacos.

hinamatsuri is coming soon

glorifying crime is degenerate

There is quite a bit of manga, and some of it is even fully complete and scanlated. Tags are Mafia, Underworld Society and all that.

Ruined by the fact there are magic powers

>have the biggest cut of Human Trafficking
>we the good guys!

Then why does anime promote incest?

I like Yakuza the series a lot, if you want something similar read Sanctuary, a manga full of smug looking people

because drawing attention from the IRL yakuza isn't something a studio wants to do

Yakuza are gay af

Yakuza don't give a fuck about anime that airs at 2am

Old-old yakuza, before the yakuza today were alive, were just people who ran secret houses where you could play dice games - which was highly illegal then - and kept brothels hidden from the police. That's where the notion of their work being 'for the people' comes from. Every member of the yakuza was still a part of the community in which they resided, at the time.

right, because ryu ga gotoku is such a dangerous series

>organized crime
Only by the laws of parliament in Tokyo, who are elected by a minimal amount of Japanese who actually vote.
However the Yakuza are recognized as a legal entity by the Emperor to whom a large portion of the population remain loyal.

Hopefully we'll get one soon.

Just make a Yakuza anime but all the Yakuza are lolis.

Salsa mi amigo?

>Criminal organization
>Killing is wrong

Almost as retarded as walking in a BBQ party and expect a vegan menu

i prefer the mafias

Last time you had a mafia manga / anime it went full retard

What about Yakuza and the National Diet?

i though that's a mercenary

Hitman Reborn and DRRR both revolve around Yakuza, but they're not very realistic

Katekyoshi Hitman Reborn.

rabbit hole

The name Yakuza comes from the card game they played. Ya = 8 Ku = 9 and Za = 3, which is the worst hand you could get in the game.

So they called themselves "losers"?

Yep.

They identify as outcasts in a nostalgic sort of way. Basically a way to support in their head the terrible stuff they do.

>The term is derived from the card game hanafuda, in which one of the losing combinations is, in Japanese, ya-ku-sa. This losing hand grew to denote something useless and was later applied to the gambling gangs themselves, meaning that “they were useless to society, born to lose.”

wesscholar.wesleyan.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1023&context=ujss

If you have never read Yakuza by David Kaplan you should get it. Interesting as fuck.

No, they call thenselves "ninkyō dantai" that means "chivalrous organizations".

because broadcasters don't want to air series glorifying illegal activities. The same reason characters get drunk off fruit juice and every show has a warning to not ride 2-persons to a bicycle because that's against the law. Yakuza will either be goofy friendly silly people or at worst 7 foot tall rapists who inject you with DRUG but get brutally crippled by morally righteous japanese man who will not condone their misbehavior.

Remember 2011 earthquake and tsunami ? The first to set up refugee camp and stuff are the Yakuza, followed by JGSDF, then America with operation tomodachi.

Do they even have any influence ?

NINKYO NO KAITE!! NINGYO NO YOMU KI!!

I haven't, but I've read Confessions of a Yakuza. Have you read that? If so, is Kaplan's book better or worse or what? Yakuza: Japan's Criminal Underworld seems to have many fairly contested bits (in terms of truth), from what I can see, so I'm apprehensive to accept it.

this. brainwashing in anime is very real. you can tell if a person watches anime by how much they say thank you. it's annoying

I have, they both cover a lot of the same things. Only thing is that with Kaplan's book it is that is a piece of investigative journalism so it comes with the baggage from that. Like everything you shouldn't just rely on one source, it's good that you already read something else. Kaplan's book is also less narrative, although it generally sticks with a few themes at a time.

I would still recommend it.

Boom!

After the tsunami they practically rebuilt southern Japan, they have a great amount of sway in the country although more as a social organization built on petty crime than as a major crime syndicate anymore.

Alright, I might pick it up. Thanks!

what shithole country do you come from where being thankful and polite means that said person likes degenerate chink cartoons, fuck off

MY WAIFU

Well killing does bring unwanted attention to your business so there is that.

You act like buying your way out of shit / black mail / having some political fuck back your shit up isnt a thing

Fine tastes young man

MY HUSBANDOO

That would be bothersome

MASA-SAN!

>The Yakuza are suppose to protect people
On what planet?

Too 3DPD

Google, Yandex, ibqd, SauceNao, and TinEye has failed me and no results from Harun-chan. Anybody know where this is from?

There are

Shitei Bouryoku Shoujo Shiomi-chan

welcome to the 21rst century fuckhead

Thank you very much and sorry for asking

Guess how I know there ain't no Italian or Asian blood in you.

youtube.com/watch?v=SIsndKkasfI

Are Italians seriously proud of their organized crime past? Just asking.

The highly popular Shounen Jump manga "Nisekoi" is about Yakuza life. It's truly very good, you should read it right now.

No thanks, I heard that the worst girl won.

Sicilians/Corsicans, yes. I doubt that the rest of them are, though. Mainland Italy never got the 'spooky' factor that the islanders have.

'cause that's the meaning behind anime. Fucking your family is totally legit.

>"these words are hugely offensive here"
>specifically films the part of the video where he uses them in the middle of the street

That’s pretty interesting.

youtube.com/watch?v=Iw08RExTyY8

Imagine having this little of a grasp on politics.

Man I wish I was born Italian.

Yakuza fanbase is really desperate to push newfags away from the series

I can't remember
was he the one that everyone liked or the one who nobody liked

Talking about the yakuza is taboo. Even saying the word in public can get you in trouble.

The idea is that they can pull out a win, even in the most worst situation. They liked to style themselves as the underdogs.

But a journo who used to do coverage of organised crime in tokyo actually got Yakuza bosses to play the game once.

boingboing.net/2010/08/10/yakuza-3-review.html

There's some quality shit in there.

K: Internationalization. The world's a smaller place. The Nigerians? They marry Japanese chicks. They get a permanent visa. They stay. The cops can't get rid of them and they're good at steering customers into shady places. The young Japanese punks we hire, they give up, they don't browbeat drunks into bringing business to our establishments. They got no backbone. The Nigerians are aggressive. They can make good touts. By the way, Adelstein, usually when we say gaijin we mean non-Asian foreigners like you and the Nigerians. Not the Chinese or the Koreans.

M: Kiryu is the way yakuza used to be. We kept the streets clean. People liked us. We didn't bother ordinary citizens. We respected our bosses. Now, guys like that only exist in video games.
S: I don't know any ex-yakuza running orphanages.
K: There was one a few years ago. A good guy.
M: You sure it wasn't just a tax shelter?
K: Sure it was a tax shelter but he ran it like a legitimate thing. You know.

I really love Yuki

That's just /v./ Yakuza fanbase

>Sure it was a tax shelter but he ran it like a legitimate thing. You know.

I can only speak for Italian immigrants, but kinda. We'll probably be the first to decry it in to separate ourselves from the negative connotations and stereotypes, but everyone seems to be pretty knowledgeable about the big figures and we kinda revel in the stories about them and the organisations themselves.

>Sure it was a tax shelter but he ran it like a legitimate thing. You know.
Yeah, I know.

Hey, if it worked, it worked.

Traditionally, Yakuza view themselves as part of their communities and sworn to their protection. They participate in parades and generally try to push a public image of "friendly neighborhood criminal" by hiding their more gruesome crimes away from the public eye.
Italian and Slavic organized crime is a lot more open about its criminality and plays more with fear than respect when it comes to profiting from civilians.

That's not to say Yakuza are above murder, gang wars or terrorizing civilians, it's just that they basically have a more socially acceptable concept of PR than most organized crime.

Just say "kyoukaku" or "kyoukyaku" instead. It refers to the yakuza in the exact same capacity, but it's a much more respectful word. Anyone who's ever wanted to avoid using the word "yakuza" will know exactly to whom you are referring. The kanji are 侠客.

I was just laughing at it being a quintessential example of the kind of doublethink in the Yakuza. Where being criminals but pillars of the community get intertwined with each other into this weird sense of honor and so on. The "you know" part of it bring the whole line together. It's the idea of "okay yeah, he was doing it for some selfish illegal reasons, but it was still a real orphanage that helped kids. You know how it is." The implicit, shared understanding of how things work in a way that sounds kind of stupid when you have to say it out loud.

There's a Yakuza plot thread in Higurashi

Why is there still no Yakuza/Ryu ga Gotoku anime?

Sega is weird and used to losing stuff

Would that even work?

Really fucking good. I'm not anti-establishment minded, but I really enjoyed the politics/crime parallel. Wonder if Nip politics is as shitty as Buronson depicted. I could imagine it.

It's already unbelievably anime, so maybe. The hardest thing would probably be the artstyle.

>Would that even work?
The whole game has long ass cinematic, like it's legit perfect for an anime but it would look weird in anime format, i know it's dumb expensive but i could watch an anime that is legit like the cut scenes in the game for the whole show.

Japanese politics is very fucking weird. Remember that Japan simultaniously has a head of state and ruling party which is massively influenced by imperial restorationists, while having one of the largest communist parties in the world, along side 2 new liberal parties that formed, one of which was expected to do really well and did okay, and one which no one expected anything from and experienced a huge surge of support in getting people out to actually vote and became the second largest party in the country literally overnight.

KIRYUUUUUUUU-CHAN

Why haven't we gotten a Ryu ga Gotoku/Yakuza anime yet?

The best bit was this:

>K: The CIA part of the story, I don't buy though. Too nutty for me. What do you think Adelstein? You used to work for them right.
>A: I never worked for the CIA. Well, not directly.
>M: The Mossad. You're Jewish.
>K: He'll never admit it.

>became the second largest party in the country literally overnight
What happened?