New Miami Bridge Collapse Video

New video posted to Instagram shows moment FIU bridge collapsed.

youtube.com/watch?v=BSq8295GFk4

Attached: BridgeCollapse.jpg (1920x1080, 406K)

Other urls found in this thread:

miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article205635774.html
youtube.com/watch?v=i8JPpDis94M
freetofindtruth.blogspot.com/2018/03/45-74-112-315-bridge-collapse-at-fiu-in.html?m=1
youtu.be/KtiTm2dKLgU
washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2018/03/16/recovery-efforts-continue-following-florida-bridge-collapse-at-least-6-dead/
twitter.com/doug_hanks/status/974989974931169280
youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Another link: miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article205635774.html

that was a really fast snap, zero cling time
didn't see anyone on the bridge at the time but did notice the cars getting pancaked

it's like the driver knew when to head toward the bridge to capture it

Notice the nig getting out to look, then u turning and leaving

>those cars turning around and leaving

Kek

Fuck your shitty quality reupload of that vid
youtube.com/watch?v=i8JPpDis94M

>feminist engineering

It all happened much faster than I thought. The God's Must Be Crazy.

diversity is our strength, not our structural integrity

One was a nig and I'll bet the other was a woman

bump

God bless dashcam footage. Everyone needs to get one of those cameras

I honestly don't blame them. People are stupid fucks. Imagine being trapped there for hours as traffic builds up and idiots stand around thinking they can do something?

Fuck dat, I'd rather get the fuck out of there too.

Thanks, sorry for the poor quality. This post is much better.

After 10 mins the place was almost deserted everyone just dipped kek

freetofindtruth.blogspot.com/2018/03/45-74-112-315-bridge-collapse-at-fiu-in.html?m=1 educate yourselves, goyim

of course
what can they do for most of the people under the bridge?
nothing because they have effectively became a pancake
it also allows first responders to actually do their job

Thank you based Finn

Definitely lines up with that witness's account where he said the crane was doing a test. You can clearly see the start of the collapse begins on the left and the crane is also on the left side.

Good thing that school bus wasn't a little further ahead.

Many cars these days have dash cams. It's just a question of whether or not the person wants to upload it.

this is way way better

Yeah he should've stayed and blocked the road way so the emergency vehicles couldn't access the scene. Retard.

The bridge was still under construction so people weren’t on it

youtu.be/KtiTm2dKLgU

AvE has a decent rundown.

But for some retarded reason they allowed people to drive under it lol. This is exactly why they usually don't

Set speed to .25

Watching this hat-fucker now

what a piece of shit thing

>Nigger is the first to leave
As expected

Attached: 1538798273.jpg (1920x1080, 386K)

he dindu nuthan

Maybe they drove aways to make room for the abulance.
Just maybe

>damn nigga I can't get stopped by da 5-0 right now shieeeeeeet

WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT TO FIND OUT WHO WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DESIGN OF THIS SHIT?

WHO IS THE COMPANY, AND WHO ARE THE ENGINEERS?

Diversity is our ultimate tensile strength, a property which depends on anisotropy.

yep, my thoughts exactly.

The bridge buckles right where this crane is. What was the crane doing? Was it supposed to be supporting the weight of the bridge or did something fall on it?

Attached: inclusivebridge.png (1230x509, 789K)

God Bless Finland.

Attached: 1494358628391.jpg (800x600, 124K)

watch the top left of the bridge, can see a couple people working on the top of the bridge.

Nigger, we aren't in 1910, learn how to download HQ video you absolute moron.

Attached: DiversityDeathBridge.png (568x751, 832K)

What the fuck is that at 0:43

It was holding the hydraulic equipment for the crew that was messing with the pre-stress bar of the truss 11 (someone post the schematics).

may they were hurried to come home and post ITS HAPPENING in Sup Forums?

It looks like he works for the construction company so his truck must go in and out of there quite a bit.

Anyone else see the guy hanging off the crane?

Imagine the protests against assault bridges. Kek

bump for diversity

Attached: Hijole.png (943x551, 109K)

all I'm saying is look into it

Attached: eddy.jpg (204x247, 7K)

it broke where they were working. WFT were they were doing?

>black guy is the first one to just leave the scene
Kek

looked like a missile lmao but turns out it's just the reflection of a headlight

The DA "investigating" it is also diverse and a woman on top of that.

i love how everyone is leaving not willing to help fuck this world

good
we will soon expose the white cis-patriarchy and their use of microaggressions to collapse this bridge

Attached: CIS-SCUM.jpg (680x821, 63K)

I'm pretty sure most of these people don't have the arm strength to lift 25 tons of concrete and even if they did all they would find underneath would be pancaked human remains.

That is where the failure happens. Each of those trusses has a long rod inside that can be tightened or loosened to adjust the bridge's internal stresses. What happened was that the long rod inside this particular truss was over-tightened and it suddenly snapped. When the long rod snaps, that truss instantly loses all it's load bearing capabilities and the bridge basically behaves as if it were only held up on one end instead of both ends.

>not phone posting

Yeah but I mean, what are they supposed to do?

Attached: person.png (1046x333, 577K)

fake and gay. not today schlomo.

By leaving the area, they are helping a lot. More space for rescue workers and their equipment/trucks.

How could you help someone who got crushed by a bridge? Reanimation?
At least they make room for first responders. The last thing they need is people standing in their way

that's way too big to be a person

bump
It's then a fucking bad design, if a single rod failure makes the bridge collapse

To be fair, what the fuck is he supposed to do?

desu a bridge collapse could be the work of terrorists so they were smart to leave since there could have been a second attack meant to hit first responders

Attached: 350056625_cef4dc368c_b.jpg (1024x683, 525K)

Yeah, they should have stayed there until the rubble was cleared weeks later and blocked the road for emergency vehicles in the meantime.

Idiot.

It was an ugly bridge anyway.

Attached: 4bbda3d9-6670-43c3-8731-9691d581c3c5_screenshot.jpg (852x480, 19K)

I didn't upload it faggot.

>People getting out of their cars and running towards the disaster
Sometimes I do have hope for humanity.

Attached: USA USA USA.jpg (259x194, 11K)

Why do we build bridges so that the whole thing relies on one steel rod? Why are bridges under tension to begin with, when the materials they're built with suck under tension? Didn't the romans figure this out 2000 years ago, with arches or whatever?

okay

Most of the men there immediately ran towards the disaster then quickly realized there's fuck all they could actually do and dispersed once the first responders showed up. If this was China no one would of even gotten out of their vehicles and at least one truck carrying bricks would have rammed into the stopped cars and overturned on someone else.

how big of a rod are we talking here? a giant threaded rod? or some type of steel cable?

I'm not an engineer but I thought that those things you call trusses were attachment points for the cable-stays like in pic related? Are the cables supposed to be attached to the rods in the trusses and if so wouldn't that mean the cables are integral to keeping the bridge from collapsing under its own weight?

Attached: bridge.png (623x349, 129K)

Nigger, some of us have to work, so we don't have time to sit around all day doing heavy labor with our carpel-tunnel to pull Shaniqua and 7 kids from a minivan crushed by 30 tons of chinese steel.

This. It's not even trained firefighters taught to run towards danger. It's a random cross section of men. Actually gives me a little hope desu.

Concrete is really shit under tension but great under compression. So we do some trickery where we but the whole thing under compression by using steel tensionsing rods. So now when the bottom half of the concrete bridge is put under additional tension this only eats into the pre tension so that the bottom bit doesn't actually have much stress on it.

Arches let you do entirely compressive structures but require a lot more material to do the same sort of span, it just wouldn't be feasible.

Also according to pic related it doesn't sound like that was the problem at all. How do you know it was an overtightened rod? Source?

>washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2018/03/16/recovery-efforts-continue-following-florida-bridge-collapse-at-least-6-dead/

Attached: Untitled1.png (675x507, 37K)

Apparently this was entirely a free supporting truss bridge and the cables were actually just there for aesthetics and to prevent wind harmonics from fucking shit up during a hurricane.

>So we do some trickery
I get it, but it just seems dangerous and short-lived. I can't imagine any bridge built like that lasting 1000 years.

>Arches let you do entirely compressive structures but require a lot more material to do the same sort of span, it just wouldn't be feasible.
Why not just say "we can't build a bridge here" then, instead of potentially squishing people?

Correct. If this thing was made out of concrete then it needed those cable to connect to the trusses to take away the tension from the concrete part. Basically the entire bottom of that bridge was in tension the entire time it was sitting there meaning the concrete was in a weak position.

that's a harness

Attached: 4A3FA64800000578-5510737-Experts_say_that_tightening_steel_cables_on_this_kind_of_bridge_-a-3_152122 (634x227, 34K)

Holy shit that's awful design then. The trusses needed to be redesigned if that's the case.

AVE did a video on it, you can see where the post tensioning rod was shot clean out of the truss right where it collapsed. It's like snapping a rubber band at those sort of stresses. What more you can see the hydraulic jack they where using at the time to adjust the tension was still fucking attached.
Why the hell they were doing this while traffic was flowing underneath is anyone's guess but was an amazing level of incompetence. The guys tightening would've know something was off because they would see on the strain gauge that it wasn't getting any "tighter". If you've ever broken a bolt by over tightening you'd know what this is like.

Only reason that truss #11 they were working on even had a pre-stressing bar in it was because it was needed during the move (it's not in the 2015 plan that had the move worked out little differently). It should have been loosened right after the span was lowered in place or even during that procedure.

Loosening it more 5 days later doesn't do anythig and if they were tightening it no one at the work crew cleary had no idea what the fuck they were doing as that would have made things worse. Due to the observed collapse mechanism #11 didn't collapse (like this jackass claims ), but the action of tightening that pre-stressing bar could have caused one of the close by anchor points of the longitudinal tendons of the deck to fail, which in turned caused the collapse mechanism seen

Thanks user. Not sure if I fully trust Little Marco though.

FUCK MR. ROSENBERG (THE FIU PRESIDENT) THEY KNEW THAT THERE WERE CRACKS ON THE FUCKING BUILDING DUE TO THEIR BEING NO FALSEWORK.

Attached: IDIOT.png (564x276, 238K)

they could have easily but they got too cute with the design, a simple steel beam setup would have been fine but wouldnt have been as pretty

PROOF/SOURCE:
twitter.com/doug_hanks/status/974989974931169280

why is this sub going crazy over a collapsed bridge? tragic accident, but you guys start seeing jews and women to blame behind this

too bad there's not downvote, i'd give you a straight -1

youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

Holy shit... People should be going to jail for this

Attached: GEPFeo4.jpg (1440x816, 60K)

>It should have been loosened right after the span was lowered in place or even during that procedure.
>Loosening it more 5 days later doesn't do anythig

brainlet here, can you explain these things to me? why wouldnt it do anything 5 days later?

>Empowered women and minority owned construction firms
>Bridges that don't kill innocent people
Pick one

It's weird.. Looks like the dude falls slower than the bridge. Look right below the crane 1080p @ x.25 speed. There are two guys there, it looks like. Right at the point where the failure is on the structure.