The west can't figure out why kemono friends is so popular in japan

>the west can't figure out why kemono friends is so popular in japan
>japan can't figure out why maid dragon is so popular in the west
Why is this?

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/anime/season/2017/winter
trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=maid dragon,little witch academia,kemono friends,konosuba,eromanga sensei
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because tastes in entertainment tend to be very different for different cultures.

lesbians

>>japan can't figure out why maid dragon is so popular in the west
Spics do not represent the West, but to answer your question, spics are just shallow and annoying yurifags.
That's all.

X has good taste
Y has shit taste
Fill in the blanks with what you believe

>spics are yurifags

pretty much just this.
There is absolutely no use in arguing about tastes but we know thats all Sup Forums does.

>>spics are yurifags
BORRA ESTO

Maid dragon is not popular in the west though.
China, sure, it had high stream views but nah.

I like maido dragons because of busty ladies, that are incredibly cute, innocent and have dragon like features.

It's also a really good slice of life.

>yurifags are spics

Both are good shows. If you don't like either of them you are trash and your opinion is trash.

but I ain't a spic and I love yuri

Honestly, I don't know. I mean, it's rather obvious why Kemono Friends doesn't have a big following in the west, It looks cheap and childish, thus was quickly brushed off. But those exact reasons ultimately served to endear people in Japan. Kemono Friend's popularity, even coming from someone who likes the show, is a bit of a mystery, and I'm sure that its memetic value is a factor, though not the only one like some posters will insist.
I haven't watched Maid Dragon so I cannot comment in depth. That said, it seemed pretty obvious from the start that it'd get a following just for being a KyoAni show. Not only that, but a KyoAni SOL show, which is something they excel at. Memetic value plays a role too (Ravioli etc.), though not quite as much as it did with Kemono Friends becoming a break out hit.

That's what I'm saying. I'm insulted.

Japan didn't had the MLP boom so they ate Kemono Friends up like hot bread

meanwhile the west didn't give a fuck except some retarded bronies

KYS bad taste friend.

He's right tho

KF fanbase consists of children and adults who are taking care of one,

> Japan didn't had the MLP boom so they ate Kemono Friends up like hot bread
This statement is impressively dumb on multiple, multiple levels, and I'm baffled as to how someone on Sup Forums can fail to have even the slightest understanding regarding Japan and its well documented love of cute things.

Because memes.
Because Kyoani is the best.
Is not that hard.

>Spics do not represent the West
>implicando
You could have prevenido this.

Because Japan has never produced a CGDCT anime before.

> Touhou doesn't exist
> KanColle doesn't exist
> K-On doesn't exist
> Lucky Star doesn't exist
> Idolm@ster doesn't exist
> Love Live doesn't exist
> Precure doesn't exist
> No property for little girls ever got popular in Japan prior to Kemono Friends
He's really not man.

you and your shitty feathered snake have to go back, shitskin

>why maid dragon is so popular in the west
It is?

This, I thought the most popular anime of that season was Kemono Friends both in Japan and the west in general

Only Sup Forums likes KF. Only Sup Forums should matter but the kind of person that makes these threads are normalfags from reddit and MAL that want to talk about how anime is viewed in all places together.

I believe it has something to do with politics of each country.

I thought the most popular was Youjo Senki or Konosuba.

Bring KF in other threads and see what happens. You guys are hated.

There are more active english speaking Kemono Friends fan communities elsewhere now but at the time it was getting popular in Japan and airing the only place really deep into it in the west Sup Forums.

What west likes doesn't matter.

By who?
By stalkerfags again?

By a handful of vocal, butthurt stalkerfags.

In reality of course, Kemono Friends is rarely brought up in other threads.

bringing any unrelated series to another series's threads will more often than not get you quite a negative response

your point?

Not quite true, though it is rare to see KF mentioned much outside of KF threads. The reaction is usually neutral from what I've seen, and the most inflammatory responses are in threads like this one, or stalker threads. Not to say the show doesn't get negative reactions elsewhere, but it's not common by virtue of KF not coming up much.

>Maid dragon is not popular in the west though.

Uhh try venturing other places like cosplay, memes, and Twitch

Or even Sup Forums. There are still daily Maid Dragon threads even if they aren't usually generals. Most shows stop after a season or two.

>touhou
>for little girls
ZUN made it so that he could show off his music and make games for himself
little girls just happen to like it

Genetics.

Sup Forums also has daily threads about Flip Flapper, a show that utterly failed in the West and in Japan, so that absolutely means nothing at all.
It just proves that there's a group of autistic people willing to repeat the same points every day, because that's how boring and structured their lives need to be.

>Sup Forums also has daily threads about Flip Flapper
This is a big fat lie.

>Sup Forums also has daily threads about Flip Flapper
As someone who's been checking thread occurrences that's just false, the show had roughly 10 threads last month which is quite a lot but not daily as you implied.
But yeah if a thread usually lasts on this slow board over half a day that spans 10 threads for 20 days and you get the point.

My housemate and I were walking down the street and saw a Dragon Maid cosplayer headed to the convention.

Sure its not popular.

The real question is: Why wasn't dragon maid popular in japan?
It had lolis, dragons, lewd stuff, monster girls and it was beautifuly animated. Everything the japanese otaku love.

It was boring.
Adding a bunch of nice stuff doesn't do much if the core of the thing is terrible.

Good job describing S2 under the current Kusokawa mindset.

Well, for one, it was cliche.
Tohru is literally like 1 of the harem girls who crave the MC's dick and worships the dirt that Kobayashi steps on. Hell, she actually licks Kobayashi's dresses, including underwear.

There was nothing special about it.
Ironically, the fujo pairing became even more humane and realistic than the main 2

*laughs*
Wrong.

>japan can't figure out why maid dragon is so popular in the west
Because of KyoAni. Western normalfags love KyoAni no matter what they put out.
I'm particularly fond of how they made Kanna into some sort of beacon of purity despite how much the anime sexualized her with all those thigh shots.

I can't figure out why Maid Dragon is popular either. It can't be because yurifags cause Japan is full of those too.

>it was cliche
That's exactly why I find it weird it wasn't popular in Japan.

>I'm particularly fond of how they made Kanna into some sort of beacon of purity
That, and also a "anti-lolicon" flagship. And I hate that because I like her a lot and enjoy the manga, but the "ironic weeb" shitposting will never end. So a unironical fan of this series will always be attacked by both sides.

I was tired seeing all these normalfags going
>hurr don't sexualize kanna, it's a little girl
even tho the anime sexualized her the most.

It does if the general audience is a bunch of shit eaters only looking for the next pretty lesbians doing lewd stuff to give them a stiffy and doesn't give a shit about the core of the story.

Incidentally though, Maid Dragon had a surprisingly solid core in terms of character development, though not as much in the way of a plot.

Yoshizaki painted a picture for a real estate agent.

>It does if the general audience is a bunch of shit eaters only looking for the next pretty lesbians doing lewd stuff to give them a stiffy and doesn't give a shit about the core of the story.
How well did Sakura Trick do again?

Are there any examples of explicit intent like "I want to get gay married, have gay sex, and have gay babies with you!" in manga and anime?
Are there any laws that prohibit "oral sex between the same sex" laws in japan?

Spics aren't human.

KF looks fucking terribad though. I’ve seen PS2 games with better animation

No lie it does, but personally, that's one of the reasons why I like the show. Some people will try and say the animation isn't bad, or that the story is more important, but bluntly, it looking like a PS2 game with better lighting is part of the innate fun of it. I'd wager that the show would have gotten a lot less attention if it had looked more in line with other anime, and it would have lost a lot of its surprise factor.

Story is more important, but cheap animation can add to the charm. Like SeHa girls.

ITT: People who can't remember how PS2 games looked like

This, shit gets charming after you get past the initial shock. Though I actually played PS2 and earlier games back when it was still the new hotness, maybe it's more jarring to someone who grew used to better graphics.

This might come as a shock to you, but a lot of japanese otaku are purely into waifufaggotry rather than yurishit. So by making the poster girl gay for another girl it alienates a lot of waifufags who are in fact a way bigger market than your average yurifags. There's also a couple of male characters thrown in, and if you've seen say, a Blend S thread, you'll know what kind of a reaction that causes in the fans of these kind of series.

>waifufags
That word means absolutely jack shit. The closest thing to a meaning it has is "person who likes cute girls", which can be applied to literally every single non-homosexual person alive, so there's no need for it to exist.

Let's be real, Kemono Friends isn't actual kemono.

The kemono genre is different from the word which kemono describe Kemono Friends just fine.

It's actual kemonomimi

No I mean literal waifufags, the people who claim a character as their waifu and then continue to obsess over them and support the series by buying BD's and merch. The same people who get autistic when their waifu has a canon love interest, be it a male or female.

I hope KF brings nekomimi back. It has been lacking a lot in recent shows.

けもの != ケモノ.
Learn the difference, it could save your life.

Pretty sure American women only like maiddragon so they can cosplay lucoa because she is already fat, so their obese asses think that means theyll have the perfect cosplay of her by buying a wig and hat and adding horns. Landwhales are a mistake.

>why maid dragon is so popular in the west
normal setting (and fantasy setting), maids, big tits, vaste magical powers, daughterus, moe, a manly mc

and kyoani a.k.a. babby's first anime studio

>babby's first anime studio
that's naturally high

myanimelist.net/anime/season/2017/winter

It's barely more popular than Masamune-kun.

That's no wonder, most people here were probably still shitting their diapers when the PS2 was around.

Nooooooo. Don't say the truth, jajajajajajaja.

Lucoa is not fat, her tits are fat but her waist is not.

Japan also likes kyoani. Whenever there's a poll in Japan about studios they end up 2nd or 3rd

It was popular in Japan as well.

how dare

Just because most spics are yurifags doesn't mean that all yurifags are spics.

X have shit taste
Y have shit taste

Now is better

Maid Dragon got some viral appeal with Kanna in the West. Kemono Friends was a dark horse for Japan.

X have shit taste
Y have shit taste
I have the best taste.

You forgot the most important part.

PA RA PA PA PA PA RA PA PA

Maiddragon is the most popular in China.

I don't think anyone here literally meant that KF looks like a PS2 game, I think it's just a figure of speech.
Though I think it looks more like a cell shaded GameCube game with pre-rendered backgrounds and a higher resolution. The models look better due to being smooth, but they're not so detailed that a purple lunchbox can't handle it.

>if you don't fap to children you're an ironic weeb
"No"

But you're user, don't pretend.

But if you bitch about lolicons then yes, you are one.

Maidragon was:

3rd most popular show on Pixiv of the season.

5th most popular show based on Google Trends Japan of the season.

3rd most popular show based on Twitter follower gain of the season.

3rd most popular show on Nico of the season.

Where did they 'Maidragon is not popular in Japan' came from?

What if you don't bitch about lolicons but don't jerk it to lolis and more importantly consume a lot of anime and manga as your main source of enjoyment?

Quite a lot of winter 17 shows appear to be a more popular search terms worldwide than Kememe Ponies

trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=maid dragon,little witch academia,kemono friends,konosuba,eromanga sensei

> Kememe Ponies
No one's saying that Kemono Friends is popular worldwide though. It's mainly a Japan thing, and maybe Korea. It barely made a ripple in America.