Are there any anime movies that can compare to the pure kino that is Adolescence of Utena aside from maybe EoE?

Are there any anime movies that can compare to the pure kino that is Adolescence of Utena aside from maybe EoE?

Adolescence of Utena felt unnecessary to me. I think EoE was a better edition to its franchise.

addition*

It's an enjoyable experience, you could say that every piece of media is unnecessary. Plus it has the best transformation scene of all time.

Yeah, I guess you're right

Boku no Pico

Think of it more like the Cliff's Notes version of the series (condensing the basic themes and message into an easier to understand package) than a grand finale like EoE.

I know there's a bit of a stigma around Ghibli on Sup Forums but Porco Rosso and Only Yesterday definitely deserve to be on the shortlist for most kino anime films

Be careful saying that, watching Adolescence before the main series would be maddening

I still haven't watched this film after rewatching the series 3x.

I'll encode and release it soon
t. Schweeds

>Utena
>EoE
>'kino'

Your animated films for teens are not what one would consider to be true kino. Try again when you've grasped at least the basics, OP.

There a 1080p download for the movie anywhere? Nothing on nyaa and I don't have a bakabt account.

Because it does nothing to present properly the characters and the plot assuming that you are already acquainted with those.
Still, from a thematic perspective, it spoon-feeds you as if you are a baby.

Check rutracker

It's visually interesting but otherwise garbage.

Honestly, you aren't missing much.

And I say this as a huge Utena fan.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack

>yawn the movie
Feel free to start whenever

don't forget the fucking amazing music

I see you are a man of culture as well.

Kimi No Na Wa

Post the scene from Zeta, as well.

ironic shitposting is still shitposting
waste of dubs

Is there any other movie where the painted stills could literally be printed and framed?

EOE started alright, but then it just went tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down and it just kept on letting me down letting me down letting me down.

>kino
OP you're beyond stupid that your question has no point being answered.
I'm sorry but I'm giving the OP a 2/10

Yes plenty, Adolescence isn't even that great. I didn't even think most Utena fans cared for it.

The original movie for X and Tree of Palme