Ass pulls and training montages: the series

>ass pulls and training montages: the series

why is this so popular again?

because it's good

because Boku no Hero is better.

But its not. I still remember how many times I rolled my eyes from the artificial feels it tried to reproduce and this is coming from someone the like BnHA.

Why are people who hate this series so autistic?

i just tried watching the 1999 one last night. I finished episode 6. when does it get good? or should I stop watching there if im not in already.

>why is this so popular again?
This template should be a bannable offense already.

HOW did this happen?

>This template should be a bannable offense already.
Definitely, it's like the 7th worst template 6th being "ITT".

Just report.

DORE HODO

Autists like you would never understand.

It gets good when you watch it being 12 years old, same as every shonen

HUNTING FOR YOU DREAMMMMM

Because it's shonen. Everyone acts like the writing is amazing and deep and complex but its basic as hell. I mean fuck, they manage to have two tournament arcs in the first two seasons. Talk about lazy

le falseflag xd

1999 one is a little drawn out in the beginning. The newer one moves at a faster pace, at least for the bit the 1999 one covers.

>why is this so popular again?
It's the darkest shounen so it holds up well as you get older.

>protagonist is an 11 year old prepubescent boy voiced by a girl with no friends and going on adventures instead of going to school
because it's easy bait for teenage boys who also didn't have any friends or aspirations on life

>darkest

I liked the fact that fights are somewhat tactical and that the characters have very unique powers that aren't limited to punching harder

>reserved character with eye powers out to avenge his clan who were killed by a shadowy criminal organization
DEEPEST. ORIGINAL. LORE.

literally "generic shonen: the anime" until season 4's arc on greed island

Name 5 characters like this before Kurapika.

Interesting characters.

>make the old guy who looks old and frail actually strong and quick but also eccentric
holy shit that's so good

>he doesn't understand desconstruction of genre

Fuck off, you dumb fuck.

>He can't defend shit writing so he goes for the m-muh deconstruction card

Every single time

JUST

The fact that he isn't a holy force of lawful good is what makes him interesting. One of the most believable old characters in anime if you ask me.

what shit writing?

No seriously, Kite wasn't eaten, how the hell did he end up in the Chimera Queen?

Pretty much, I mean it laid the groundwork for the "wise old man trope" for the industry

There are two kinds of people on Sup Forums. Those who are in the post-teenage valley of edginess that have an ego that cannot admit to enjoying shounen at this stage in their lives, and those who have ascended to wizard status that realize there is absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying a shounen adventure every once in a while and in this category, HxH is one of the best.

I'm around a few volumes in and it just seems pretty dry to be honest. Leorio & Kurapica were okay but they've left the story for the time being and Gon & Killua aren't managing to carry this shit for me. Yu Yu Hakusho grabbed me a lot quicker.

His memories were transferred to the little girl Koala killed.

I gave up halfway through the phantom troupe arc. Something like 60 episodes in and it just dragged on like crazy. Focusing so much on Kurapika at the end just pushed me over the edge of not able to be invested in the story anymore.

Who will have the longer boat arc. Hiatus x Hiatus or Berserk?

>Terrible pacing
>inexcusable shit like or Nanika that ruins all the drama
>Manga is obviously not planned and Togashi just makes it up as he goes with no idea to where the fuck he's going
>meme characters
>Extreme overexposition
>Anticlimatic resolution to almost every arc to the point it stops being surprising

Come one, even with all of that I still enjoy the show, but it's veery far from perfect

There are two kinds of user on Sup Forums: Normalfag ironic weebs, & Otaku.
You are a part of the former category.

>mfw the logistics of operating Greed Island

HxH generally has good writing, but shit like the needle stood out as pretty bad to me. Also Alluka. Not her power, because the conflict + system were well written, but her relationship with Killua just came out of nowhere.

nice bait as always, retard-kun

>hype of the black market auction
>hype of the world mobs running it
>hype of that it's so impossible to pull of a heist that no one even bothers
>hype of phantom troupe stealing from the mob
>make the previously hyped up security of the mob a joke so the troupe can pull off the heist
>hype up a third party who stole the merchandise before the troupe got there
>hype up the shadow beast assassins for the mob
>hype up troupe by having them confront the mob and one of them soloing the mob my shrugging off bullets and rpgs
>make the shadow beasts a fucking joke who easily soloed by a single troupe member and then the rest die to over confidence
>have the shadow beasts be the mysterious third party who stole the treasure and then bring the treasure with them because... overconfidence?
Literally the most power creep of any fucking anime, and this is when the fandom considers the anime actually becoming good

Chimera Arc's final chapters were exciting, but not worth swallowing all the crap until then.

the problem is that hxh is a decent anime with flaws but the fans defend it to the death and go full Rick and Morty autism by claiming those who don't like their battle shonen just don't understand it. Or that because it's dark and edgy that it somehow is a special case amongst shonen

It's like Gintama, it takes forever to get to the good parts. Though there are plenty of battle shounen that are good from the get go so the argument there is why bother with HxH in that case?

>dark
>holds up when you are older
underage detected

Hunter is weird in that it doesn't have filler but the writing takes forever to get anywhere that it feels like filler.
Also the best fight was in season 2 with him vs hisoka. And even that was ruined with him having a fucking orgasm. That's some hyper autism

>good friend reincarnates into a girl
>has ridiculous DSL

How would you deal with it, Sup Forums?

Pika was the only good thing in HxH

In shonen terms he's best character, by all other standards he's shit

Netero knows how to make an entrance.

>Terrible pacing
Subjective
>inexcusable shit like or Nanika that ruins all the drama
Agreed.
>Manga is obviously not planned and Togashi just makes it up as he goes with no idea to where the fuck he's going
Examples other than nen?
>meme characters
Doesn't mean anything.
>Extreme overexposition
Subjective.
>Anticlimatic resolution to almost every arc to the point it stops being surprising
Subjective.

The pacing was fucked from season 1 with the team spending so much fucking time in that one room

>Bomber kills hundreds of people Gon didn't know
>"he's cool heal him"

>Pitou kills one person close to Gon
>gets brutally beaten to a pulp

Why is Gon such a hypocrite?

>anime

He's less a hypocrite and more just really stupid

>>Extreme overexposition
>Subjective.
>>Anticlimatic resolution to almost every arc to the point it stops being surprising
>Subjective.

How is this subjective? It's just the way Togashi writes. He overexposes. Chimera Ant is a gigantic wall of text. You might like it or not, but it's not necessary on the first place and fucks up the pace of the whole manga/show.

And how can anticlimatic resolutions to every arc be subjective? he does it every time. At this point is basically the trademark of the show.

i'd argue he breaks the "show don't tell" rule more than any of the other big artists

>Chimera Ant is a gigantic wall of text.
It really isn't, you're just being melodramatic.

The fully-grown-Gon-with-undersized-clothes mode looked goofy as hell, should've stayed like this desu.

Both would have more weight if the character wasn't a literal child

>"show don't tell" rule
I want this meme to die. I love reading through characters' thoughts in fights. It's a choice, not a rule.

Gon needs a future wife

If he is such a huge fightsexual too, then why didn't he want to fight Hisoka?

what a waste of thick thighs

rip best boy

He feels personally responsible for kites death since he didn't do anything to stop it. He dealt with the bomber and defeated him.

Why would he waste his time on a small fry?

He did with Gon and Killua

>show don't tell
If you show everything, enjoy reading 3,000 paged novels.

So what gender is Alluka exactly?

Once you are smart enough you can tell it is good, it shits on every shounen cliche.

Pitou killed his only father figure and he couldn't protect, help or save him, and you are an idiot, yes feeling do matter in hunter x hunter unlike your typical shit battle shounen.

He is 12 who wants to meet his dad, you idiot.

He is a boy that believes is a girl.

>Chrollo killed innocent people
>Gon didn't

Gon would have been 10/10 if he was kill crazy

what happened to the killuafag? I miss killua missing his target

Who here still holding out for Kurapika to be revealed as a girl?

Slut

WHAT did Gon mean by this?

its how people work

This is to both sides, do you ever get exhausted doing this? I know that you probably have a useless life since you are here anyway, but do you ever stop and think "Hey, is this really what I am doing with my life? Arguing the same pointless shit over and over again, day after day, with no objective in sight because neither side accepts a common middle ground?"

How do we not know that Killua had wished her to be transformed into a girl?

Gon is a selfish asshole and a psychopath and deserves to be forever nenless

I hope Genthru learns that Gon lives on Whale Island and blows up Mito and the grandma in front of Gon for revenge.

Edgy.

Nenless?

Thanks for reminding me how much I hate Pitoufags.

All Gon did was step on an ant.

It has the properties of both shonen and seinen.

So it goes without saying that no one answering this means deep down they know what they are doing is retarded

best ed

mmmmmmhh

Male. Why do you think Kikyo stopped at Kalluto, along with those two being feminine in appearance?

Great anime

>creates game that is pretty much just one big playground/training tool for his son
>that he abandoned as a baby
>said game ends up causing the highest concentration of hunter deaths of all times
>breaks the annual hunter death toll record in less than a week
>his son says chill its just a game bro and
>lets the mass murder responsible for most of those deaths walk free

When is he going to finally kill Chrollo and all the other spiders?

I hate it because it will never get a proper conclusion.