It's his birthday. Say something nice about him

It's his birthday. Say something nice about him.

This the dude who created Gundam? Happy Birthday!
My friend started streaming the original for me whenever I get back from work a bit ago and it's the best way to end the day

>Say something nice about him
he shat on Eva

It's natural. Eva is overrated shit.

Ironically it's Evangelion that shat on him as far as legacy and single-series sales go.

Where do I start with Gundam?

Reco sucked a bit less than AGE

There

Well, you have to be an edgy teenager, enter into Gundam, read the manual, and than you naturally would know what to do.

I think he's a good writer and I feel bad that the novelization of MSG isn't appreciated more

It'd be really hard unless you're already into kiddie mecha or super sentai/kaijushit or something within the vein of it. There's the classic whole 08th MS Team thing that people who aren't into Gundam can enjoy that OVA series, and then 0079 and Zeta are often tossed around as being best for outsiders to get into the series, but I've never been able to penetrate it myself. Sorta like the Sailor Moon of mecha, not going to get into SM unless you're already into shoujoshit.

>looking at something on a screen is hard

yea thats real fucking great

too bad gunpla/all of the gundam series absolutely assfuck eva

Yeah dude just flip on some videos of people with downs syndrome eating their own poop, I'll criticize you for thinking that looking at something on a screen is hard if you don't.

There are more enjoyable things for most adult men to turn on than Gundam and for that reason it doesn't compete well in most people's backlogs.

Where the fuck are my movies?

This is the first time in over a decade I've seen someone criticize gundam for being immature or childish and unable to compete with other backlogs.The only childish gundam series are AGE and arguably the build fighters series, but it's also one of the best.

You might be retarded.

I don't think so, but it's a weird comparison to make. Sort of like comparing Cardcaptor Sakura to Madoka. Sure I enjoy CCS way more but I wouldn't say CCS "assfucks" Madoka, that would make me sound like a dumb teenager that wants to sound smart.

Do you comprehend how much money bandai generates with gunpla alone? Gundam anime is produced solely to sell plastic.

I said assfuck because eva + the movies in no way compete with the entire existence of gundam.

What? Gundam is a children's show, it's not a criticism. Even /m/ will tell you that. You shouldn't feel insecure about enjoying something made for children if you enjoy it, I watch shoujoshit all of the time. I'm simply explaining why it's difficult for adult men to get into(which is an observed fact) from experience with the series and over a decade on this website, and an impartial position.

Whatever you say kiddo

Eva's technically significantly more efficient profit-wise than Gundam. Not sure why you're making it a contest but you can only really harm Gundam by putting it up against the best selling single series of all time that still has 3-5 daily threads here twenty years after it's creation. Just makes you sound like you have some immature contrarian position to prove.

Yes, whatever I say, using the same exact source as you are.

I'm done responding to you. I literally responded to a point about eva "shitting on him legacy and sales wise" by correcting it - because it's so insanely incorrect. Sure eva destroys MS-Gundam, but there are A LOT of other shows/ovas/movies/model kits.

Also Sup Forums presence does not translate to sales dude, why are you even bringing that up?

>gundam eclipses eva as a series in your own chart

Now add up the sales for every gundam series and compare to every EVA series

Never bothered with Gundam, how come it's so popular afte all these years?

Really? I'd like to hear why you think so.
While he has a lot to say, I don't think that stylistically he is a good writer, just like many other sci-fi writers i.e. his novels are interesting but don't have much artistic value.
On the other hand, since he tends to focus a lot on sensory detail his style is better suited for animation and his ideas are better expressed though motion.He is a really great and idiosyncratic director.

Eva already outcompetes any specific Gundam series in sales by a double margin. And I bring up Sup Forums presence because it's an easily available way to compare the legacy of the two series, of which Evangelion has a much more significant one in this day and age. Hundreds of people watch Eva for the first time every day, you can't say the same about Gundam any longer.

I'm not the one who made it a contest between Gundam and Eva, I think it's ridiculous to compare them in the first place, but as I said there's a good reason an immature Gundam fan might feel insecure about Eva's existence and that's because it surpassed Gundam in several ways.

Well, storytelling sure isn't one of them.

That's the same chart used, for some reason he posted the post-1999 version even though Eva isn't on it, I posted the pre-2000 version.

There's a reason I specified "single" series and that Eva is more "efficient" sales-wise. Reading comprehension. I'm not suggesting Eva outcompetes Gundam sales wise, but as far as a single series goes it blows Gundam out of the water no contest. Silly to bring it up, what are you insecure about?

He never brought up legacy or singular show vs singular show. Also you're ignorant if you think people don't get into gundam to this day as well.Go suck Anno's cock.

Like comparing CCS to Madoka. Why? I personally think CCS has a better story than Madoka, but CCS is ten times longer and has a completely different theme and story-arc. But as a single series Madoka outcompetes CCS, if a childish person forced a comparison of the two series, and is more relevant in the mind of today's anime viewer(at least until perhaps next season). It's as superficial to compare these two magical girl series as it is to compare Gundam and Eva.

Thank you for Gundam Tomino, my favorite are IBO and SEED

Literal autists that buy all the toys

He didn't bring up anything in particular, he just said it "shits on Eva", which in several ways such as the ones I brought up is objectively false. And I didn't say that people don't get into Gundam, I simply pointed out that less people get into Gundam than Evangelion, which is a measurable fact. You want to make it a contest? Go ahead but it only needlessly brings pain to both series as they both succeeded over each other in different ways.

>Go suck Anno's cock
I'm not even particularly fond of Evangelion. I'm just being impartial. You must be projecting your inability to remain objective when comparing a series you like to a series that you dislike, how pitiable.

What in the world are you talking about? Get out of here, you dumbfuck.

Gundam and Evangelion are both objectively great I am so sick of this eternal pissing match

>using the example of four daily threads on a gaijin board that are always filled with simple and plain waifufaggotry to back up your argument about the sales of both franchises

You're pretty based for creating Char. Half of your franchise is shit though.

>I literally cannot comprehend an analogy even when it's stated as such and explained using simple vocabulary.
Depressing.

I could use listing service statistics or streaming statistics which also back up my claim if you like, I simply used the most readily available example for your convenience.

Go shitpost in some other thread.

>greco
>IBO
>wing

why did they do this

>Anything I don't like is shitposting
I'm not the one who pitted the two series against each other. I'm simply being impartial about comparing the two in the pursuit of truth and accuracy. It takes two people to argue, you reap what you sow. Lots of condescending toilet-bowl licking going on in this thread.

Neither were I. Are you fucking autistic? Nobody gives a fuck about that. Nobody wants to argue with you. Stop shitting up the thread.

thanks for Turn A buddy
Probably a mix of plastic robots and the fact that giant robots are always pretty cool despite whatever else may be happening in that piece of media.
I think a big part of the franchise drawing in new fans is the fact it's a sci-fi mainstay and there's almost always one airing so there's always an opportunity for seasonal viewers to get into it with something like 00, SEED, IBO etc.
The (fairly) well regarded UC back catalog (or newer stuff like Unicorn or Thunderbolt) also helps, that's how I got into Gundam.

Tomino shit up Gundam with ReConquistadors.

Literally, he put toilets in them.

Someone said something that was wrong, I corrected it, then you defended something that was wrong.

>Stop shitting up the thread
Takes two to tango, silly.

>The only childish gundam series are AGE
Confirmed for never watching AGE.

Eva is a hot pile of garbage though.

I defended nothing. I only told you to shut the fuck up. Nobody cares about your "objective" opinion. No one here is trying to be objective. Not that I expect you to be capable of reading social contexts.

Gundam and Evangelion are literally for children. Just saying.

>Eva is a hot pile of garbage though.
By what metric? It's sold more than any single anime series, been discussed more than any single anime series, singlehandedly shifted adult-oriented productions from OVA to television, and caused a televised anime boom. These are just the objective things, subjectively, I don't know why you would compare the two as they are very different in themes, focus, and story but I personally definitely find Eva much more engaging and I understand entirely how it outcompeted any specific Gundam series by a large margin.

>I defended nothing
Then what are you doing.
>No one here is trying to be objective.
Because if you were objective in comparing Gundam to Eva it would be harmful to Gundam.

>t's sold more than any single anime series, been discussed more than any single anime series, singlehandedly shifted adult-oriented productions from OVA to television, and caused a televised anime boom
Only people who watch Evangelion are kids and manchildren. Sales don't mean shit when your entire country is made up of sad lonely manchildren.

Your mental gymnastics are cute.

People who enjoy Gundam and Evangelion are some of the most pathetic losers on the planet.

> It's sold more than any single anime series
False.
> singlehandedly shifted adult-oriented productions from OVA to television
False.
> and caused a televised anime boom
False.
> been discussed more than any single anime series
Do you have statistics?

And people that watch Gundam aren't kids and manchildren? I'm confused as to why you would criticize it on this point.

>Sales don't mean shit when your entire country is made up of sad lonely manchildren.
Within the context of comparing things made for sad lonely manchildren why wouldn't they be relevant? What superior metric do you propose?

Telling you to shut up because this is not an Eva or sales thread.
You are the one who is responding seriously to bait.

>and single-series sales go
Wing averaged 17k sales per volume and its only like #5th or #6th in terms of sales number for discs/VHs sales in the Gundam series. So nope. In fact it did this while airing in the same year as the Evangelion TV series did back in 1995.

Not an argument

What single anime series has sold more than Evangelion? And if you aren't aware of Evangelion's impact on the medium, that's just ignorance and nothing more. You can see for yourself, look up a seasonal anime archive, look at what things were like the ten years before Evangelion, and look at what happened immediately after Evangelion came out. This isn't really a mystery, it's a well-documented event. Only contested by western contrarians who don't know much about the history of the medium.

>Do you have statistics?
Sure, look up "gundam" and "evangelion" in any anime forum archive and watch what happens. You're pretending if you think Gundam gets discussed more than Evangelion today, and you know it. As I said, 3-5 threads a day on this board alone.

>Not an argument
Not an argument

Sales don't matter when we all know that japs are losers. Who cares what they like? Their entire country is full of manchildren.

Based Tomino is a god. May he yet have many birthdays.

I am only defending a position, the same as you are. I'm just better at it than you so you result to insults and are trying to nuke the entire playing field. Typical response.

Evangelion sold 200k copies.

Seed did over 1 million, Destiny did even more than that. Again, so what?

Actually pointing out that someone has not provided an argument with a basis is a form of argumentation stretching back at least three thousand years now, widely recorded by the Greeks.

>I am only defending a position, the same as you are
I am not defending a position. I am telling you to shut up and stop ruining the thread.
Well, it's already ruined anyway.
Some people really don't know when to end a joke.

Not an argument.

Source? My source said seed sold 87k and destiny 93k.

> And if you aren't aware of Evangelion's impact on the medium
There was no impact on medium. You can't find any no matter how hard you would try.
> What single anime series has sold more than Evangelion?
Shitload of anime movies sold a lot more tickets than Eva sold discs.

>I-I was only joking!
Takes two to tango. If you believe this argument "ruins the thread", you are equally responsible.

The guy is a retarded Evafag, don't expect anything other than stonewalling from him.

Tomino is by far one of the greatest directors and most important and recognizable figures in the history of anime.

I love many of his series, and UC Gundam is one of my favorite series of all time period. I am including Turn A and G Reco in that as well.

finish the 4th rebuild and stop shitposting anno you fucking hack

1 13 80,635 2005/02/24 Fall Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED DESTINY
2 13 73,115 2005/03/25 Fall Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED DESTINY
3 13 69,751 2005/04/22 Fall Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED DESTINY
4 13 68,416 2005/05/27 Fall Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED DESTINY
5 13 65,721 2005/06/24 Fall Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED DESTINY
6 13 66,509 2005/07/22 Fall Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED DESTINY
7 13 60,431 2005/08/26 Fall Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED DESTINY
8 13 62,330 2005/09/23 Fall Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED DESTINY
9 13 61,138 2005/10/28 Fall Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED DESTINY
10 13 61,066 2005/11/25 Fall Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED DESTINY
11 13 67,052 2005/12/23 Fall Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED DESTINY
12 13 64,754 2006/01/27 Fall Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED DESTINY
13 13 95,544 2006/02/24 Fall Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED DESTINY

>There was no impact on medium.
Either hands over your ears revisionism or pure ignorance. As I said, look at an archive of series and see precisely what Evangelion did, if simply reading about it is too hard. And how many psychological science fiction series came out on television after it aired alone directly contradicts your claim.

>Shitload of anime movies
Not an anime series. Complete transformation of goalposts. I wonder what it would be like to argue with such a poor-functioning mind.

>Greco
2deep5u

>IBO
>Wing
Fujoshi bucks, also gunpla

I don't even particularly like Evangelion, I'm just being objective because someone said something stupid.

Those are the individual episodes. What's your source, and what does it say about Evangelion? It will be over twice as many per episode on average.

>And I bring up Sup Forums presence because it's an easily available way to compare the legacy of the two series, of which Evangelion has a much more significant one in this day and age. Hundreds of people watch Eva for the first time every day, you can't say the same about Gundam any longer.
user, half of those threads you see are people just following the meme who already watched Eva long ago. The "what the fuck did I just watch" threads are a tradition. That's like saying, I don't know, that the sakurafish threads were always opened by different new people. Yes, there are new, but the vast majority of people in those threads are always the same.

> And how many psychological science fiction series came out on television after it aired alone directly contradicts your claim.
None.

>Those are individual episodes.
No they aren't, retard.

You are the joke.

Those are individual volume sales for the entire series. Even Wikipedia has it:

>Gundam SEED Destiny became highly popular in Japan, having sold over one million DVD volumes and soundtracks topping charts.

Also SEED itself:
>In April 2004, Bandai Visual announced that one million copies of the Gundam SEED DVD had been sold in Japan, with the first volume having sold over 100,000 copies.[106] In total, the series set a record of making eight DVDs appearing in the first eight top sales.

What does that have to do with legacy? The same isn't happening with Gundam, that's for certain. And if you want to pretend like it isn't easily measurable that more people get into evangelion today than gundam, would you like me to provide some listing service statistics that directly contradict such a claim?

Oh so you just literally don't know very much about anime. Check out an archive of anime series that aired from 1997-2002, you will directly see what Evangelion did to the medium, especially if you compare the amount and material of what aired to 1990-1995.

What's your source? I said post a source, not a list of numbers and words.

> Check out
Checked out. Nothing have changed.

You have no fucking sense at all. Look at the wikipedia article for Seed and Seed-Destiny, the links are citied. Eva does not fucking compare here. 00 did over 500k in disc sales alone, Code Geass did over 800k.

And what does the same source say about Evangelion volumes? There are different metrics at play here, and I have not seen a list with both SEED Destiny and Evangelion on it that puts SEED Destiny at even half of Evangelion sales-wise. What's your source?

>I'm just being objective because someone said something stupid.
Nobody cares.

As I said, hands over your ears.

To prove your claim you need to require a source for Evangelion disc sales to be correct. So far, the only source that compares the two series on the same metric is , where you can clearly see that Evangelion outperforms SEED Destiny by double. So, what is your source?

>And what does the same source say about Evangelion volumes?
That they don't come close to 00, Seed, 0079, or Seed-Destiny.

>Seed series average (per volume): 60k
>Seed Destiny series average (per volume): 70k
>Gundam Seed Sells 1 Million DVDs in Japan
posted on 2004-04-06 20:40 EDT
>Bandai Visula yesterday that they had sold over 1 million copies of Gundam Seed on DVD. >The first volume sold over 100 000 copies, while the one million copies mark was reached with the eleventh volume. According to the statement, Gundam Seed has not only attracted traditional adult Gundam fans, but also younger fans and female fans.

Observably false. It seems that many people in this thread care very much about facts that prove them wrong for some reason.

>That they don't come close to 00, Seed, 0079, or Seed-Destiny.
Source on Evangelion volume sales?

> As I said, hands over your ears.
You are just bullshitting. You know you can't give me any proofs.

>The first volume sold over 100 000 copies
Evangelion averages 111K sales per volume, as shown here

You're really new or delusional if you think Eva threads aren't filled with the same exact people everytime, and just a couple of newfags here and there. Which just proves that it has an obsessive amount of fans over this board. The local Reifag claiming Anno ruined everything, the fireposter, filenameskun. The list goes on. Come on.
Even so, being popular doesn't mean it sells. Many anime has gotten popular over the West while its studio has gone bankrupt. Samurai Champloo comes to mind. Though it's obvious is not this case, as Eva sells good and it has its popularity in both sides. Your comparison while claiming Eva sells more than a franchise like Gundam is still pretty naïve, though, especially when you've been trying to compare Japan and the West since the start.
And if you want Gundam threads, those are always over /m/, not here.

Right here >Gundam SEED Destiny average sales per volume: 68,959
>Shinseiki Evangelion average sales per volume: 111,559

Many people in this thread care about proving that they are superior to others because of their preference in Chinese cartoons but not one thing of what any of you say will help you do that.

Are you mentally retarded? Seed alone did over 100k in its first volume DVD sales, 200k is only Evangelion's total sales for its entire series. And the sources were already given to you, you mental invalid.

That's total sales, retard.

>100,000 copies of first volume
>one million mark reach with the ELEVENTH VOLUME
you aren't very smart

I guess all I need to do to become the best selling anime is sell one copy each of a ten million volume series.

Did I claim that there aren't many consistent people? How is that relevant? What does that have to do with anything? I already asked this question. However, you don't see the same thing with Gundam here, just a slow general on /m/. So if you want to stick by that the activity here is relevant to legacy, Gundam doesn't compete with Eva even a little bit, regardless of whether there are many times the same people speaking about it(the same with Gundam).

>Your comparison while claiming Eva sells more than a franchise like Gundam is still pretty naïve
I never said this. I said that as a single series, Evangelion outcompetes any Gundam series, which has already been proven in this thread.