Is there any reason for an Anime to have 500+ episodes when a captivating story could be told in 30 episodes or less?

Is there any reason for an Anime to have 500+ episodes when a captivating story could be told in 30 episodes or less?

Money

Having 500+ episodes itself isn't the problem. Wasting all that animation when so many better quality ones get only 12 episodes is the problem. But the reason is money.

MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY
DO$H

What's the point of novels if there are plenty short stories that are good?

LOADS
E
MONE

Because the author can't write a captivating story. Just look at Hunter

Let's be honest, there are probably less than 10 anime with 500+ episodes. Hell, I can probably count them on one hand.

Aren't pretty much all anime series with massive episode counts (100+) just adaptations of extremely long running manga? So wouldn't a better question then be: why are those manga series so long?

>why are those manga series so long?
Money?

>30 episodes
Try 12.

No, it's 23. Watch more anime.

Well, maybe. But on the other hand, would you say something like Berserk is as long as it is just to make money? Or One Piece?

Because they're children's shows that air in the middle of the day to kids who don't give a fuck and can miss months worth of episodes but still not have really missed anything. Why are you complaining about the extreme minority of anime as if it's a real issue?

>Read more inaccurate shittipedia lists
embarrassing

Because it has 17 captivating stories to tell.

There are only two (2) anime with 500+ episodes and which have been fansubbed: One Piece and Detective Conan.

Fuck subs, learn Japanese already. And I am sure Conan has subs too.

I guess Pokemon isn't an anime.

Which Pokémon instalment are you talking about? The original has only 276 episodes.

for real though it's a bit depressing how a good filmmaker or novelist can make dozens of works while you have mangaka who've been chained to the same manga for fucking decades

don’t be pedantic

Why stop at 30?
>Rank heresy it may be to say, the list of animated cartoons that warrant a length greater than thirty minutes is minuscule Thad Komorowski

Same MC + same storyline = same anime
Hell, even TV Tokio is planning a huge celebration for the 1000th episode of Pokemon, not the Xth episode of Xth instalment.
You just forgot it, and that's ok, we all make mistakes from time to time.

>You just forgot it
No? Otherwise I would have included other popular series like Naruto, Dragon Ball, and Yugioh.

>There are only two (2) anime with 500+ episodes and which have been fansubbed: One Piece and Detective Conan.
>only two
>2
u sure m8?

Yes, absolutely. The rest are spread over in different instalments and technically do not have 500+ episodes.

>technically
'kay

Some stories need more room. Look at Berserk or Vinland Saga.

Daily reminder FLCL uses 6 episodes to develop characters better than multi-season shows

or be like the shitty ass fate series and make 100 different seasons

You mean manga adaptations