The one character that made an otherwise bearable dub torture to listen to

>the one character that made an otherwise bearable dub torture to listen to
examples besides pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=growth rate of the real gdp of japan over the last 20 years
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I know a case the reverse

also this cunt

>Wacthing dubbed anime at all
Hello /r/anime!

>not doing other things while watching anime

The problem is that the fucking granny voices Gohan too, so it's unbearable x2

>watching the dub

But then how are you supposed to understand the Japanese formality and social hierarchy without the honorifics? If I don't hear the honorifics, how the fuck am I supposed to understand how the characters relate to each other? user, you're not making any GODDAMN SENSE.

You have to go back.

>not watching the japanese dub of movies with the subs in english
But then how are you supposed to understand the Japanese formality and social hierarchy without the honorifics? If I don't hear the honorifics, how the fuck am I supposed to understand how the characters relate to each other? user, you're not making any GODDAMN SENSE.

>Japanese formality and social hierarchy

Most of the non-Japanese movies that I watch are not, in fact, Japanese.

at this point nip social hierarchy isn't that different from that of the western world, and the differences can often be easily inferred with any knowledge of nips and their bullshit

Sometimes, not always. In all seriousness, it's only sometimes drawn attention to when a character starts using another character's given name, or drops or modifies an honorific. Usually it's just a small detail that helps flesh out how the characters interrelate and it's rarely necessary to really appreciate the show, but it's one of those things that I like to hear. Noticing that a character has changed or dropped an honorific when speaking with another character just adds a little more depth to their relationship.

Fuck off dubfag. Don't bump this shit.

I can respect that, I honestly just find the convenience of being able to watch shows that don't require much attention while doing something else.

was going to post this

Wendee Lee is a national treasure, fuck you.

>Dub

you better believe there is a 4 character string in my email field.

Sup Forums has had auto-noko for a long time now, user.

Everything single Fuckupmation dub.

the full metal alchemist dubs were great tho

Sailor Moon Season 3 Usagi main character voice character was terrible to listen to english dub

>not learning Japanese

>learning the language with one of the worst writing systems
>learning a language of a declining economy and culture
>learning a language that is massively overrate
>learning a language that the majority of speakers of speak english

I can go on

mate for last one, whats the point of an anglo learning any language

>learning a language that the majority of speakers of speak english

Give a source on this one. The rest of that was opinion, but I'm fairly sure that most people there only know enough English to get through school. Also, there's still a large amount of Japanese writing untranslated into English and English into Japanese.

>dub XD

>I can go on
Please don't. If you absolutely have to post though, try to make some arguments for at least one of your opinions next time.

>saging threads
>in 2017
Nice try at hiding your shitpost, weeb.

Excuse my spelling and typing, I'm tired.

people who don't speak english, especially in rapidly developing economies where people may not have had an education in english early in life

based on the EF English Proficiency Index, Japan ranked 35th of 72 countries, with a score comparable to countries in SEA and Korea. This was lower than I thought as my experience with students from Japan at my university has been they speak english fairly well and they said it was part of their school system. Issues with this study include self selection and not reporting statistics for different demographics despite collecting the information. I would theorize that younger people ranked better, but this is purely based on anecdotes.
I imagine most people in business who meet with anglosphere people know english, as expecting others to know japanese, while more reasonable than some languages, would be asking a lot.
Also declining economy isn't opinion and I don't think I've ever heard people say much good of the writing system, but again, those are anecdotes of mine.

Again, the declining economy can be easily seen in the countries GDP, but other problems include artificial support of the economy through manipulation of the yen and an aging population that is leading to a decrease in the population

This.

>it's only sometimes drawn attention to when a character starts using another character's given name, or drops or modifies an honorific.
If the only change in treatment between characters is what name they're called then it's both unnecessary and equatable by just achieving a nickname. Honorifics are a stupid Japanese convention.

Japan's GDP isn't declining. It's at a 1% growth rate.

Literally all of them

looking at the real gdp of japan over the last twenty (arbitrary, but anytime since the 90s, same idea): wolframalpha.com/input/?i=growth rate of the real gdp of japan over the last 20 years
it has increased at an average rate of about .75% over the last 20 years, far behind that of the world at 2.8% and developing economies, which are even higher. Other countries in East or Southeast Asia have far faster growing economies, larger populations, and aren't on a slow march towards an economic collapse.
So, while not declining in real terms, relative to the rest of the world, and especially the rest of Asia, it is declining. This has been occurring for a long time, in fact, at one point Japan was the world's second largest economy, only second to the US who has a population far larger, however, China has risen and will likely continue, even if there are some trips and pauses along the way.
With all this considered, purely for business, there are far better languages to learn than Japanese.

Didn't watch the dub, but,
>the one character that made an otherwise boring series enjoyable
Sounds like a tragedy.
Her seiyuu's voice during somber speech was unbelievably fuckable. And then there's Wendee Lee.
>purely for business, there are far better languages to learn than Japanese.
Learning a language purely for business prospects is a real good way to give up after a year and have wasted all of your time. Unless you already have a job where you would benefit from a specific language, in which case your point is no longer valid because it is clearly the most beneficial to you if you can expect any longevity in your employment.

I know, but we were talking the merits of learning a language, and I essentially just used that to isolate its value in that environment.