What do you think of Eva 3.33

I like it compared to the first two, especially 2.22.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Illustrious_(87)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Langley_(CV-1)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1.11 was good 2.22 was good 3.33 was meh

I hate the rebuilds so much I don't feel anything about them. It's like seeing someone you didn't see for years hanging out with junkies.

Sort of this. They were so bland I can barely remember anything about them other than 'it was a remake of the series but different'. Also the 4th will never get made so I can't bring myself to feel much about it.

2.22 will always be my favorite. Just felt like a hype fest and I loved it. 3.33 feels like the weakest. Honestly those fucking CGI scenes in 2.22 and 3.33 just really fuck up how I feel about those movies, I have to forget they exist.

3.33 is rough, because it seems like there's some sort of plan for where it's going, but we won't know where until the next one comes out. As is it's just a bunch of setup with no closure

I stopped caring about the story and only want 4.44 to finish the story.

This is a very apt way to put it.
There is nothing redeming about the rebuilds, and they get worse as they go.
4.whatever need not comeout.

>SHINJI DO THE THING
Shinji does the thing
>FUCK YOU SHINJI YOU DID THE THING

Anyways, Shinji isn't responsible for anything that happens in 3.33.

Misato is standing at ground zero at the end of 2.22 and is completely fucking unharmed, and when Shinji and Rei get lanced, they get put in a fucking coma. Right in front of Misato's eyes.

3.33 is bullshit.

A couple great scenes, namely the one with Fuyutsuki and Kaworu exploding. Shinji's loneliness in his apocalypse I guess is well presented. Busy, pointless action sequences; doesn't serve the narrative in any way, of which there's very little. Misato and Ritsuko(!) reduced into cardboard cutouts. 2.22 felt like a 'fuck you' for ever shitposting about wish-fulfillment, shipping dumbassery. 3.33 felt like a 'fuck you' because fuck you. Oddly, I still enjoyed it the most.

1.11 - Re-watched ~5 times
2.22 - Re-watched ~10 times
3.0 - Watched 1 time. Didn't even bother to watch the 3.33 version.

up until 2.22 it was really memorable, it was different from the series but it didn't feel wrong it was quite entertaning to watch and I wanted to keep watching

but 3.33 wasn't memorable, wasn't fun to watch and I honestly can't be bothered to follow a time line where 3.33 is in any way relevant.

I liked it. Despite its flaws, and it has plenty, it does an AMAZING job of putting the spectator in Shinji's shoes. And since Shinji is so poorly treated by everyone it's kind of an annoying experience, I think many people hate it because of this, but that's just proof of how well the movie accomplishes its goal.

I hope Anno has a plan and NTR's Asukafag by pairing a foreign boyfriend with her, that would be AMAZING! It needs to happen! That to me would make up for the trainwreck that is 3.33.

I completely agree.

I only care for Shinji and Misato's interaction in the last film. I be interested what Asuka say's as well.

I like slav Asuka and dom mommy Misato designs, other than that idgaf.
Shit all over the lore and they made Shinji and Kaworu scenes so very very unnecessarily gay.

But Asuka already has a foreign girlfirend, user.

Op here, I say that the story made Kaworu uninteresting with his increased screen-time. NGE did more with less time.

>foreign boyfriend

She's a foreigner, man. If you mean NTR with a foreigner, it'd have to be a black guy or another Jap.

3.33 is the only one even remotely worth watching since 1.11 is a worse looking rehash of the show and 2.22 is just dumb.

i agree

True. The next film better have Misato and the rest get called out on their bullshit

>be user
>fail to realize the OTP has already been confirmed 20+ years ago
>doesn't realize Shinji is Asuka's foreign bf
>the actual rei doesn't even exist in any tangible form anymore
prepare to get btfo by the master yet again

she probably admit ala nemo style

I get annoyed cause the whole movie could had been completely avoided if they explained what happened to shinji in the ship. I enjoyed the first two movies more, plus I like the action scenes more in the first two movies too.

Unfortunately, you are right. How would you change that without altering the overall plot?

The former, Asukafags start spamming the report button if you mention... that outloud. They don't have a sense of humor, very depressing. Just saying foreign boyfriend is a bit more safe.

Do we even know what ethnicity Makinami is?

This, 2.2 was pure enjoyment. God bless shiro sagisu.

How do you not know she's a Brit?

I knew she was a Brit when I first saw her.

To be honest I have no clue of how to change the movie without altering the overall plot, maybe if was told what happened instead of leaving with rei, she would just take him then kinda hypnotise him and give him information that makes him unsure of what Misaka told him and he is kinda torn between the two and snaps and makes the rash decision to get the lances. But I'd probably not like that outcome either, the movie would probably have to have a different plot or something to really be enjoyable.

I want her to insert her fingers into my anus and do that.

This.

I thought she was american, I had no clue she was a brit.

Illustriousalso tea

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Illustrious_(87)
I didn't realize till now, I thought the japs jsut added Illustrious cause they thought it sounded cool

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Illustrious_(87)
huh?

She's named after the British carrier dude

Sorry, english not your main language?

Mari Makinami doesn't sound English to me.

Mari = English name
Makinami = Jap father

Her mom got RICED.

Nope, its Japanese. I would know considering I have English and German ancestry.

nah,its weird to see the Japs use a foreigner ship and not one of theirs.

Mari is how white people add "uniqueness" to their names now.

Aubrey/Aubree/Aubrie/Aubri

it's found in both Japan and the North Sea area user, your ancestry doesn't have anything to do with the conversation although

o rlly

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Langley_(CV-1)

I actually enjoyed 3.33.

Especially because it made Reifags mad.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Langley_(CV-1)

This was probably the only interesting picture in the calendar, looks like Shinji mellowed out a bit on the road.

see

Question lads. Any fucking updates on the new eva?
Still fucking waiting after shin_godzilla

This. Kaworu is supposed to be mysterious and vaguely threatening, not some sort of flamboyantly gay prince on a white horse.

He looks like Ginko here. Probably Ginko looks like Ginko for all the same reasons.

So Shinji will be wearing a coat over his Q plugsuit?

That's because NA and current day UK is multicultural, and not Germanic. Mari name does not originate in any Germanic or Anglicized form.

Probably. Maybe motorcycle boots too.

could anno get away with just replaying EoE in theaters and calling it 4.0?

>IT ALL RETURNS TO NOTHING...

Yes unironically. The same hipsters who liked stuff like Endless Eight will defend it as some super deep choice of storytelling that you just don't get.

I enjoy the new films. My order of preference is 2, 3, 1. I like to see new ideas and concepts that still have some commonality with the original works. I am a big fan of the potential connection this timeline might have with the other works and I really do hope they are directly connected in a way that matters. I loved seeing eva 01 go full god mode in the second film and I love Misato's ship in the third one. I also like how the evas get bestial in this incarnation of the franchise so I am interested to see more of that in this fourth movie too. I get that everyone has an emotional response regarding every topic in accordance with this series but I just appreciate seeing the creative world Anno has constructed. If people can debate over the intricacies of the universe's portrayal I say that is a good thing. We should celebrate that added blessing provided by Evangelion. All in all I say they are interesting enough to keep me invested and I genuinely enjoy what they have to offer.

As long as it was re-animated, yea.

I honestly can't remember anything about it. I remember I watched it but I don't remember a fucking thing about it. I can remember bits of the first two but not a damn thing. The only thing that comes to mind is the piano scene but that was in the trailer. I'm guessing it couldn't have been that good.

It's not creative, to make a long story short. They invested a minimal amount of work to make a feature-length anime. NGE+EoE was made with passion, Rebuild was made by people who wanted to pay their mortgage.