Idahoan here, I am thinking of purchasing a gun for personal/home defense...

Idahoan here, I am thinking of purchasing a gun for personal/home defense. What does Sup Forums recommend in the field of firearms that won't break the bank?

Also general 2nd amendment/gun share thread.

Attached: 1518728416903.jpg (600x960, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

academy.com/shop/pdp/mossberg®-maverick®-88-security-12-gauge-pump-action-shotgun#repChildCatid=298704
academy.com/shop/pdp/traditions-12-gauge-plastic-snap-caps-2-pack#repChildCatid=628528
academy.com/shop/pdp/federal-premium®-power-shok-buckshot-12-gauge-shotshells#repChildCatid=239384
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have a remington 870 express tactical it's new

Get a mossberg 500. You can scoop them up for mid $300's

I want to sell it.

What's your budget?

Get an fully semi-automatic AK-16 with extended silencers, baby seeking bullets and shotgun clips. If an intruder hears you cock that and doesn't run while simultaneously shitting his pants, he'll be dead before he even knew what hit him.

I would prefer something under $500, but under $1000 works too.

That's plenty. Visit /k/.

If you want to carry it around, it can't be a shotgun. That said, CZ and Taurus make some decent 9mm pistols for under $400 that you might want to take a look at. I think .45 is better, but 9mm hollow points aren't bad either, and you get the advantage of a large magazine size.

Remington 870 Wingmaster.

If you are asking for fire arm advice then you dont belong Idaho.

California garbage trying to fit in

Attached: 1387554050000-New-Picture.jpg (534x401, 12K)

Attached: 1456179547564.jpg (3900x5008, 3.9M)

Wtf? How has this got to do with guns Americans are truly stupid.

Attached: ha.jpg (260x194, 7K)

Shut up idiot. You know nothing.

>Elf and hayfeed.

Attached: 1521242119787.jpg (960x912, 53K)

Bought my Bersa from this. Actually a very good gun. Have 2000+ rounds without a hiccup

Thanks for this, good reading

So glad the islama-lama-ding-dongs are out breeding you limp wristed brit trash. You let your empire die. Need America to bail you put of both world wars. Get islamified. Please. Good riddance

Forget Taurus, they're garbage.

For the money, you can't beat Glock. Smith & Wesson M&P are decent, HK is great but expensive. Walther PPQ is a good option too.

For maximum firepower, a 10.5" AR15 pistol or a shotgun

Not to start a caliber war, but FBI is abandoning .40 cal and going back to 9mm.

Also, ER surgeon gave lecture about gsw trauma and said he can't tell difference between 9, 40, 45 in the OR, just between rifles and pistols.

Hipoint is cheap and not bad for the money

Attached: image.png (1334x750, 1.24M)

>Forget Taurus, they're garbage.
The Taurus Millennium G2 is a decent budget option.

>Glock
Overpriced, unless buying used.

>S&W M&P
Great option, however the SD9VE is a better option for OP if he is just starting out.

>For maximum firepower, a 10.5" AR15 pistol or a shotgun
Don't buy an AR15 pistol, you don't want anything under a 16 inch. This dumb ass has clearly never shot ARs before.

If you need it for home defense, buy a Maverick 88, if you need it to carry, get a S&W SD9VE.

Maverick 88s are only $180 at academy and are all you need for home defense.

Attached: Maverick 88.jpg (575x575, 15K)

Get a Mossberg 500 with buckshot for home defense. Pistols are more subjective but I like the Glock 9mm because it’s lightweight.

>remington
F

This is a Ruger SR40c. It holds 15+1 .40 cal. It is by far, the very best every day carry in the world.

I bought it for only $385 and it came with a conceal holster and 4 magazines at that price (two 9 round magazines and two 15 round magazines).

Don't get me wrong, Rugers are usually mediocre firearms. But in this case, Ruger accidentally created a master piece. I'm not talking about the full size SR series. I'm talking about their compact SR series. They created a trigger for the compact series that is different from the full size SR. It is the trigger that makes this weapon godly. I'm an order of magnitude more accurate with this pistol than any other firearm I have shot. And the reason is its trigger.

A few months affter I purchased this pistol, I sold all of my Glocks. I realized that I just didn't need them anymore. I was never carrying them.

Attached: Ruger - SR40c.jpg (1822x1452, 285K)

What's wrong with an AR pistol for HD?

>Don't buy an AR15 pistol, you don't want anything under a 16 inch.

Even though the US military uses 14.5 inches as the standard for its m4 carbines... I've shot 11.5 pistols with brace, and they function just fine within 100m and beyond. If he's using it for home defense, a 11.5 SBR with MAXIM pdw brace would be extremely beneficial for those close quarters.

>2015
Did this ever get updated?

Literally nothing, the guy has no idea what he's talking about, Special Forces, and SWAT team use shorter barrels like 10.5 or 11.5 barrels for extreme close quarters. Anything below 10.5 though any you're going to get issues with accuracy even at 25m. The barrel is too short to stabilize the 5.56x45 round.

Just make sure to follow laws regarding "pistols" and "Short Barreled Rifles" in other words no stock (but a brace will be legal) and no vertical fore grips (however angled fore grips and hand stops are legal).

12ga pump action for low cost, general purpose gun. From hunting to home defense, there's a load for it. 12ga is also a lot of fuck you power that only the higher powered big boy rifles can match.

>Shotgun slugs (12 gauge) achieve typical velocities of approximately 1800 fps for 1-oz. (437.5 grain) slugs, for an energy of over 3,100 ft-lbs (4200 J). In contrast, a .30-06 bullet weighing 150 grains at a velocity of 2600 fps achieves an energy of 2,250 ft-lbs (3051 J)

You might not be able to tag someone in the same distance as a .30-06 can but whoever you tag with a 12ga slug, is going to be fucked regardless of armor or not

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 22K)

I have a new 8in barrel that I've only shot once at the range so far. Disappointed to learn that there is some stability issues, but I built it from a few Palmetto State deals so I guess I can't complain too much for taking advantage of sale items

>purchasing a gun for personal/home defense
Shotgun.

Alright ruger corporate sponser we get it

Fellow Idahoan here.
Home defense get a shotgun, Remington 870 or Mossberg 500.

For carry/self defense carry a Glock 19, though a Glock 20 or 29 (10mm) are good for handling bears/big game if you're in a rural part of Idaho.

I always like the Glock 29 when I'm hunting as my backup gun if I can't get off my long gun and confront a dangerous animal (bear, moose, mountain lion, and so on.)

Attached: 1514267455948.png (558x345, 374K)

Get a shotgun. Those are best for home defense. Adrenaline will be coursing through your body if the time comes to need it so having a shotgun will make it much easier to defend yourself.

t. someone who has blasted niggers out the door

This

Attached: Twice the freedom.jpg (864x433, 20K)

>What's wrong with an AR pistol for HD?
OP is a no guns and wants something cheap. An AR-15 pistol isn't practical.

>Even though the US military uses 14.5 inches as the standard for its m4 carbines... I've shot 11.5 pistols with brace, and they function just fine within 100m and beyond. If he's using it for home defense, a 11.5 SBR with MAXIM pdw brace would be extremely beneficial for those close quarters.
>$450 for cheap AR-15 pistol.
>$350 for a MAXIM brace.
Or OP, could buy a S&W M&P sport II for $500 if he really wanted an AR-15.

>Literally nothing, the guy has no idea what he's talking about,
...because OP is clearly an Ex-Navy seal who needs to calculate magazine capacity and barrel length for tactical drills.

>Special Forces, and SWAT team use shorter barrels like 10.5 or 11.5 barrels for extreme close quarters. Anything below 10.5 though any you're going to get issues with accuracy even at 25m. The barrel is too short to stabilize the 5.56x45 round.
Spotted the tacticool faggot. You queers are fucking retarded when it comes to self defense.

OP, if you want to protect yourself and your family don't listen to these taciticool niggers. They're going to suggest a bunch of bullshit that isn't practical even though none of them actually go to the range and instead spend all of their time reading about guns on forums. For entry level home defense buy the following:

>Mossberg Maverick 88
academy.com/shop/pdp/mossberg®-maverick®-88-security-12-gauge-pump-action-shotgun#repChildCatid=298704

>3 packs of these:
academy.com/shop/pdp/traditions-12-gauge-plastic-snap-caps-2-pack#repChildCatid=628528
(These allow you to safely practice properly loading, unloading and dry firing without having to go to the range)

>...and a couple of boxes of these:
academy.com/shop/pdp/federal-premium®-power-shok-buckshot-12-gauge-shotshells#repChildCatid=239384

All of this shit should be around $250.

Attached: Tactical Niggers Think You Need This To Stop A Home Intruder.jpg (640x480, 72K)