What did anno mean by this?

What did anno mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jNLA_TxBvi8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So... deep...

Deep symbolism and a lack of budget.

please tell me the symbolism behind a 50+ second still shot. and there was no budget issue, it was a time constraint.

They had to pad out the episode and this was the best way to do it.

Do not dare question Anno's work.

thats Anno-sama to you

it's meant to illustrate the tension in the elevator. yes, there was a TIME (not budget issue) due to circumstances, but this scene wasn't JUST a tacky padding tactic. scenes like this are elongated throughout the series to emphasize the discomfort between Asuka and Rei in a way that makes the viewer themself uncomfortable. it's a pretty iconic scene, if you ask me.

thought there wasn't going to be anything at the end there XD

>XD
user... you're being ironic right

An awkward scene with an already bitchy girl on her first period. It's the first time I actually felt bad for Rei.

poor Rei

Over 20 years later and people are still talking about it. As expected of the master.

If it was 30 seconds, I'd've allowed it, for tension building purposes. 52 seconds is overkill, like sheesh, it's literally kinda funny past that 40 seconds.

that asuka is a cunt

It's pronounced a cute.

It isn't symbolism It was a combination of time restraint and using it to create a thick sense of tension in the scene

Asuka-tan is a childish bitch

>deep symbolism

Right. She's everything I ever need.

make sure to call her Asuka-tan, I think it would annoy her and that would be kinda funny

This youtube guy probably has a better idea than anyone on Sup Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=jNLA_TxBvi8

>anime youtuber

And he still knows more than the average Sup Forums poster, who still thinks that "Evangelion had a low budget/ran out of money"

Let that sink in

Rei in the shadow, Asuka in the light
This was the last time they spoke as friends
just... wow... bravo

/thread

>anime youtuber

I will. Tried using tsundere-chan before but it had too much or too little effect, I couldn't say for sure. I also want to say her name all the time, for some reason.

>meme arrows

Who are you quoting?

the honorific "tan" implies childish;y cute i think

>run out of budget
>make long and mostly still shot
>people will defend it anyway because it's Eva

Only Anno could get away with it.

It's time to tackle the big question. Who was in the wrong here?

Will Asuka-tan show me her eyes if I call her like that?

There are much more scenes that are way worse than this , frankly this scene builds tension and awkwardness.Shinji or Asku crying and screaming like disgustin animals for minutes is way more annoying

Rei was too autistic to know what she was doing, obviously

obviously asuka, with out a doubt, Shinji favored Rei and Asuka got jealous

link?

Is this guy being ironic or something? how the fuck do u defend a 57 still shot in 13 mins, and why the fuck does this vid have 200k views.

52*

plebbit for both

He spends the majority of the time debunking the "Evangelion ran out of money" meme and actually goes into what happened during the production

Literally just say it's deep. All you need to do.

All this time, I've only known her as Asuka-tan. If I see her eyes, I might get addicted.

This shot is 65 seconds yet no one ever complains about it.

its also annoying but is way more effective at building tension, I though my laptop froze during it

>not posting the gif

this is WAAAAAYYYYYY worse than the elevator scene considering shinjis gay lover appeared and disappeared in one or two episodes ?

Probably just works better and feels less forced.

I think I'm in the minority here but the elevator still worked better for me than this one even though it had quite a mood going for it

Elevator is Asuka facing her reflection. It's kind of the same thing but not really.

It helps too have Beethoven in the backround.

why all eva threads are pure cancer?

Because this one was cool as fuck and there's actually a reason for it to go on that long.

I didn't even notice that scene was so long.

Why not?

Why not?

For post quality? Because elitism?

>minimum level shitposting is cancer

What about Sup Forums attracts so many autist posters like you?

is that way

See? Literal cancer.

I didn't even fucking notice it the first time, honestly. Maybe it's because I've been in elevators so much, my brain just went "well this is how long elevators are supposed to take"

t. neet

>t.
Kill yourself cancer-kun.

Just like your momma's pussy

Unironically one of the most memorable and best scenes in NgE.
This is when I realized how red and blue would never reconcile their differences and Shinji was the only thing keeping them from clashing. And more than any countdown of eva power, this really made it clear how fucked neo tokyo was since Shinji couldn't keep his own shit together let alone being the support of the girls.
They could have made up and comiserated over the fate of Shinji in that elevator. Instead tension and Asuka exploding.
I loved it.

What did esteemed studio SHAFT mean by this?

Okay let's kick some life in this thread

Blue>Red

Wrong

It should be apparent for anybody that White is the superior one.

>anno

Don't you mean Urobuchi?

no

yes

>One minute still.
>Keep arguing about it over 2 decades.
You guys...

look at her and tell me I'm wrong again

>Shinji was the only thing keeping them from clashing.
>red and blue
>unit 1 is purple
How the fuck did I never put this together until now

user do you need glasses?

Red >> blue

Correct

Purple >all

I like both Asuka and Rei for different reasons