I used to be pro-Circus but after reading this story I changed my mind

I used to be pro-Circus but after reading this story I changed my mind.

BAN ALL CIRCUSES!

Attached: 1521322125002.jpg (1080x1084, 143K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZXPFZo5gIwM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Agreed

never seen a circus anywhere that wasnt run by gypsies or screamed animal abuse

Theyve always tortured animals. As a matter of fact all circuses are closing down no joke.

Take away the animals and what do you have left? Weirdo acrobats not good enough to be in Cirque du Soleil and drug addled clowns. Gross if you ask me, so I'm glad the circus is dying.

yup, fuck the circus.

We as a society are finally getting our shit together. This sort of thing use to be normal.

Here is Topsy the Elephant getting electrocuted by Thomas Edison just to try and convince the word that Teslas AC current was more dangerous than his DC current.
>Topsy the Elephant belonged to the Forepaugh Circus and spent the last years of her life at Coney Island's Luna Park. Because she killed one trainer (who burned her trunk with a lit cigar), and subsequently became aggressive towards two other keepers who had struck her with a pitchfork, Topsy was deemed a threat to people by her owners and killed by electrocution on January 4, 1903 at the age of 36.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZXPFZo5gIwM

Attached: Topsy_elephant_death_electrocution_at_luna_park_1903.png (1672x1211, 1.21M)

Ringling Bros has retired their elephants. They have a sanctuary for them now in Florida.

Mary (c. 1894–September 13, 1916)[1] was a five-ton Asian elephant, also known as "Murderous Mary",[2] who performed in the Sparks World Famous Shows circus. After killing a trainer in Kingsport, Tennessee, she was hanged in nearby Erwin, Tennessee, in 1916. Her death is sometimes interpreted as a cautionary tale of circus animal abuse during the early 20th century.[3]

Attached: 320px-Elephantmary.jpg (320x446, 28K)

>hanging a fucking elephant
Wtf

These creatures did nothing wrong. Death by hanging and electrocution is tacit agreement that they are sentient. (((Humans))) BTFO.

I remember when they had elephants in the circus.
Now it's only some stupid dogs and horses.
My grandfather could feed and ride the animals in the Zoo in his time.
Fun is dead.

lmao wtf burgers

eye is photosoped,

>Weirdo acrobats
>Drug addled clowns

Holy shit the circus is awesome

>On September 11, 1916, a homeless man named Red Eldridge, who landed a job as a transient hotel clerk[4] was hired as an assistant elephant trainer by the Sparks World Famous Shows circus. He was killed by Mary in Sullivan County, Tennessee, on the evening of September 12. Eldridge led the elephant parade, although he was not qualified, riding on the top of Mary's back; Mary was the star of the show, riding at the front.[5] There have been several accounts of his death. One, recounted by W.H. Coleman, who claimed to be a witness, is that he prodded her behind the ear with a hook after she reached down to nibble on a watermelon rind. She went into a rage, snatched Eldridge with her trunk, threw him against a drink stand and stepped on his head, crushing it.[4]

>A veterinarian examined Mary after the hanging and determined that she had a severely infected tooth in the precise spot where Red Eldridge had prodded her.

>The elephant was hanged by the neck from a railcar-mounted industrial crane between four o'clock and five o'clock that evening.[7] The first attempt resulted in a snapped chain, causing Mary to fall and break her hip as dozens of children fled in terror. The severely wounded elephant died during a second attempt and was buried beside the tracks.

>It takes 86 bullets to kill an injured elephant

Late 19th and early 20th century US was a hilariously violent society.

an animal that big needs big bullets.
The retards were probably using 9mm and cuckshot. The bullets were probably bouncing off of it like one of those plastic bb guns kids have.

as a leaf I expected you to know this sort of thing. Go try and fend of one of those giant bears with a 9mm and report back.

>Death by hanging and electrocution is tacit agreement that they are sentient. (((Humans))) BTFO.
No you moronic MUH FEELINGS
Death by hanging and electrocution IS A VIABLE FUCKING WAY TO KILL THEM WITHOUT MAKING A BLOODY MESS
If you HAD to kill an elephant, what method do you propose?

sorry we dont hunt many elephants here.

Elephants are extremely intelligent animals, in fact they are the only species that has more neurons in their brains than humans.

If only ONE LEADER could have stood STRONGLY for the protection of animals..

poison

ohhh great next thing the rodeos will shut down and we'll have no use for animals at all

Who the fuck cares? Sage

>be animal in america
>get shot

jfc

Attached: such is life.png (680x680, 1.02M)

agreed, I don't think I know one person who would actually go to a circus. Fucking old and gay. Don't know why they didn't have tranquilizer guns. I am sure there some Most Hawaiians have access to those kind of drugs LOL.

shooting it in the head with an elephant gun.
The electrocution was in 1903. Go read about human electrocution executions at the time. The art was just getting started, and more often than not it took a long time to kill someone and they just sat there getting severely burned.

Hanging is supposed to snap the neck, not suffocate a person/animal to death. Only botched hangings strangle a person to death, which is exactly what happened to that elephant. Not only did it get strangled (twice), it also had to endure a broken him, AND having its weight pull down on a broken him while being strangled to death.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (2700x2083, 549K)

Hawaiians are literal savages. Can't even dart the poor animal.

isnt circus dying out anyway?

In the end, he made a great hamburger.

giant fucking animal, same rules still apply.
You have those huge bears and I know people carry guns there and in Alaska to defend themselves from the bears. A normal pistol simply wont cut it. Shooting a bear, moose, or elephant with a 9mm will only piss it off even more.

Alaska isn't in Canada.
We also don't have open carry or concealed carry. You could get arrested for carrying a knife like in the UK.

Damn straight. We don't just let our niggers walk free like yurop.

there was some austrian bloke in the 30's that was into that shit

oh, I didnt realize bears respect borders.

you can carry legal knives as long as they don't determine you're doing it to assault people or while committing crimes

This all these nu Sup Forums fags crying over hurt elephants

As much as i can excuse away all manner of actions i find this incredibly sad.

And they say we have no culture. We fucking hang the heaviest land animal in the world just like we would a nigger.

>Shooting a bear, moose, or elephant with a 9mm will only piss it off even more.

Not if you shoot it right. I've dropped a 240 pound black bear with two 9mm shots in quick succession.

They don't, we have bears here, I live in an area where I see nigger bears every day among other animals, but that doesn't mean you can still walk around with guns and knives. You can hunt them. But in hunting zones only. You have to take a firearms course and a hunting / conservation course to legally hunt and even then most people bring rifles and shotguns, not 9mm pistols or automatics.
We don't have the same gun culture as the US.

>I used to be pro-Circus
reconsider the rope

>When you're 5'11" and pick up a revolver

but you do

I love the circus but not the ones with performing animals, they treat the poor things like shit

I remember when I was young a circus was doing some trick with chimps and at the end of the act the trainer raised his arm to the audience, but when he lifted his arm, the poor chimps near him ducked and covered their head. That was pretty sad.
Anyway, here acts with animals were banned. We get circuses but no animal cruelty.

that's the look of a terrified animal..
should of tranq'd it...
CHECK YA TRANQ'S!
circus should have tranquilizer guns ffs...
that animal was maimed to death...
not even put down humanely....
passion of the christ of elephants..

elephant needs to be the new gorilla. that got shot a couple years ago..

We used to be a more violent society that didnt give no fucks :3

That elephant knows what it did.

The light shows, the comedy, the performances, acrobatics to the music and some cunt juggling flaming chainsaws and 10 men in makeup with big shoes flying around in a tiny car.
Whats not to love?

>240 pound black bear
yea but those are basically big dogs

Attached: bear_borenstur01.jpg (840x440, 71K)

The Barnum & Bailey Circus was the largest and most famous circus in the U.S., possibly the world.

They stopped using elephants in 2016.

A year and a half later they went bankrupt and shut down after 150 years.

You did specify open carry, but I simply said "have".
I'm sure if you're innawoods or live in bfe there are some laws in place that allow you to have a means of defense from these things.
You cant even ride though the snow up there without a bull moose trying to fuck you up, I really doubt they are forcing you to anhero.

fuck animals who cares

Mods please take this to our

Your no man if you cant show compassion to a animal once every now at then.

yeah it's cruel. Lions and elephants shouldn't be used. Monkeys and birds and shit no big deal, don't have to hurt them to get them to do shit

What said. It’s all run by gypsies, whenever the circus comes into town thefts go up significantly, gypsies and other trash roam the streets etc. That would be enough reason to ban circuses, plus the animal abuse is also not acceptable

>the look on its eyes tells a thousand stories
Like the epic tale of oh sweet jesus ouch fuck ow I'm surrounded in a loud alien environment and getting shot repeatedly I hope bleeding heart liberals don't project their own feelings onto me after I die

dicks out for Tyke

He looks so peaceful when he's sleeping.

What is the definition of a legal knife?

>It's ok for me to eat an elephant
>But I can't rough it up a little
Your morals are fucking retarded.

Attached: image.jpg (495x494, 151K)

Basically any knife that opens manually. So jack knife or fixed blade = legal, balisong or switchblade = illegal

Also you need to have the knife visible (ie. clip on outside of pocket) because concealed weapons fall under other laws

fuck off, this is politics.
You out of all people should appreciate this thread.

It would be so cool if clowns came out and shot up heroin in front of the crowd...

knew a dude who did mechanical work for a circus (keeping the rides and shit running), he said the niggers and white trash fucked the young elephants and gave them herpes.

Almost true; Ringling Brothers is out of the circus business, they do have a home for the elephants, but they are deliberately not allowing the elephants to breed. I understand there are people that want to take the elephants off their hands in order to allow the elephants to contribute to the dwindling population of Asian elephants (~35,000 left worldwide), but the Barnum and Bailey folks have refused.

We already have that, it's called "San Francisco".

WANT

Lying spaghetti nigger

thas right it never forgets a crime

>Not electrifying Elephants for the hell of it

Attached: elephant.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

I agree

who the fuck goes to circuses in 2k18 anyway lmao, what is this Thailand or someshit? You think anyones watching Kangaroo boxing in the USA?

ho!
the balls on this prick!

That's a punt gun.
It's for shooting birds (many at a time)

That’s not actually an elephant gun. That’s a “punt gun”, a supersized shotgun designed for shooting at fuckhueg flocks of birds. It’s supposed to be mounted on a boat cecause it isn’t man-portable.

people that kill based elephants should be fed to piranhas

>jack knife or fixed blade = legal, balisong or switchblade = illegal

Why is that?
Both seem equally dangerous to me.

In my country the police just uses common sense, no rules this specific.

Topsy killed a man you dindu nuthin faggot! And Edison was right. AC current has killed tens of thousands.

I suspect the boat is also needed to deal with the recoil.

>a 240lbs black bear

is not a 1000 to 2000lbs grizzly, moose, or polar bear, dipshit

A bunch of gypsy scum were attacked in Ireland recently by a group of citizens and had their circus sent packing

AC is much safer than DC.
Far less fire hazard.

Edison was a patent troll and knew very well AC is superior.
Edison single handedly held back civilization several decades with his greedy shit.

The look in its eye is from getting shot 86 times. Not from living in the circus. Elephants freak out and murder their handlers all the time.

Attached: dsddssdm.jpg (250x250, 16K)

>implying anything has changed

Attached: 1520980169030.gif (659x609, 2.49M)

Topsy was going to be executed regardless - she killed one trainer and injured about a dozen other people. Edison just bought the rights to do the execution.

Why hasn't America banned animal cruelty yet?

you're not white

Attached: 1510581597348.png (809x725, 129K)

>crying and whining over 100 year old photos of dead elephants on a Taiwanese marble shooting board
Big guy

Attached: EBF9E94C-96E0-4D44-8370-97475B308C4E.jpg (672x712, 100K)

Here circuses go out of business one after the other.

Went to the Topsfield fair in Massachusetts a few years back. They had a giraffe in a temporary tall cage with and open top. The cage was about large enough to allow the giraffe to turn around. The top of the cage was a little above the giraffe's shoulder, and there was a basketball-sized scruffy mass growing on the front of giraffe's neck at that height, presumably from rubbing against the upper edge of the cage.

At the time, I wondered why it was included. It didn't seem to me like anyone would consider it a happy spectacle.

You mean white people used to treat animals like niggers?

I have been a strong anti-Circus person for nearly 30 years. I was 4 years old and in a circus with my dad and brother and I realized then how insane and cruel humanity was.

Attached: AF06F225-CCCB-4CA8-98AA-C1FCAA3460A5.jpg (615x410, 90K)