Generic whiny emo protagonist

>generic whiny emo protagonist
>generic bitchy tsundere love interest
>bishie faggot who only exists for the sake of fujobait
>shit tier 90's hand drawned animation
>unmemorable robot designs
>pseudo-intellectual pretentious heavy handed symbolism and morals
>cancerous and elitist fanbase

So why do people like this show again? Go watch Gundam it's better.

No its not, Gundam was shit fights and most of the time, shit stories with a good share of whiny kids.

>Gundam
>shit fights

You need to be bright-slapped.

Yeah, why would anyone care about a generic bitchy tsundere love interest?

but Asuka isn't a love interest, she's just a menstruating bitch.

As far as the target audience goes, there's no fucking difference.

Why do normalfags hate 'whiny MCs' so much?

Awfully weak bait there OP

>When you don't appreciate it for the psychological and religious symbolism and instead talk about the fights.
>jojo cucks get out

>Why do normalfags hate horomonal edgy emo faggots with daddy issues so much?

Geez user I dunno.

it doesn't have enough bang boom whoosh for you?

Nice space

also i wont deny that the Eva fanbase are elitists

only thing Gundam had on Eva was the abundance of beeping sounds

>appreciating the religious symbolism

What are you a christfag?

Most times he rebels, he does so for a good reason. He's either reaching out for support, or reacting to injustice.
He only comes off as whiny because we get to see the side of him most people irl would try to hide. Or do their best at hiding.

Also what does wanting better fight scenes have to do with being a JoJofag?

so we both noticed he didn't mention the actual best girl in the series?

I always knew you had good taste, Zura-kun

Gundam is an entirely different show to Evangelion and both are worth watching.

get out heathen

The fights are also better than in gundam though. Apart from possibly some 0083 and thunderbolt scenes.

>generic
Because 20 years ago this wasn't "generic"

>bishie
low IQ

>animation
Was great.

>robot designs
Unit-01 is probably the most memorable mech design in all media. Even normalfags who haven't watched Eva know the purple/green robot. No one except people into Gundam know a single Gundam.

>>cancerous and elitist fanbase
Literally irrelevant. If you choose what to like based on the people that like it you've got a single digit IQ.

>shitty 90's animation
But that's wrong, NGE's anination was pretty solid for the most part.

>Go watch Gundam it's better.
This

There's no significant meaning behind all the Christian imagery though, Anno said so himself.

Almost like someone wants to get slapped tonight. Must be my imagination.

You're just mad even people who don't like the show know what shit taste you have

>Bishie
>low IQ
Yea okay. I have a low IQ because for pointing out kaworu is a bishie. Because there totally isn't 10000+ doujins starring Kaworu and Shinji fucking.
>animation
>was great
No it fucking wasn't. It extremely low budget and they Definitely cut corners in certain places. Did you forget episode 24. Jeez i knew evafags were elitists but I didn't know they were also in denial!

Norse-fag but you can't deny that's just good fuckin writing right there

Reminder that low-effort bait like this should be reported on-sight.

But it does enrich the plot and writing more so than other animes. especially Gundam. I mean, what are you really taking away from the plot and character other than the robots being the materialized willpower and determination of their spirit and bad guys are bad?

we aren't in denial. we appreciate it for all of its flaws and still think its better than most shit. Also just because people get their peen hard and gashes wet to them two doesn't mean it was the intention. Kaworu-cunt is symbolic and represents the conflicting sexual confusion/desires of Shinji.

(you)

>assuming anything is original anymore

I'm mad at myself that I want a mean, hateful bitch and that I got no control over it.

>>unmemorable robot designs

Nigga I will punch your lights out.

Fite me IRL.

I'll kick your ass

Evangelion is my favourite anime but if you think there's religious symbolism in it you need to be buried alive under a pile of dictionaries.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Mobile Suit Gundam. The emotional drama is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of psychology most of the conflict will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Amuro's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Gundam truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Amuro's existencial catchphrase "Not even mu own father hit me!" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Tomino Yoshiyuki's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Gundam tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

>old copypasta

Kill yourself.

>didn't mention anything negative about rei
I see. So reifags just hate NGE and only like the design of their toiletfu. good to know

you're pulling at thin air there buddy

>bishie faggot who only exists for the sake of fujobait

This is a legit point

maybe normies cant relate to shinji

uh no? did you watch the rebuild

Enjoy your heated eva argument with yourself. You called a man who worked for 7 days a week a neet. After that, I got no fucking business here.

What the fuck are talking about?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>OP complains about 2/3 of the main characters, even about a minor character who only appeared for one episode while conveniently ignoring the other main character who was as important to the plot, said character has the depth of a kid's pool
yeah, right

you shouldn't alt-tab so much when you watch a show, did you even watch NGE

Much of that is in retrospect. Eva popularized or had influence on (not necessarily create) those character types, for example.
People aren't used to 'whiny bitch' heroes. When the call to adventure comes, the hero normally seizes the opportunity to no longer be some faggot. They have it in them to be a hero. They've got heart, they've got attitude, they've got initiative, they're extrospective, they're persons of action.

Shinji is not written in this conventional manner. Normalfags don't care for his sort of anti-heroic character. That one shitty webcomic is how quite a few actually see things.

He didn't mention Misato either. Stop being desperate.

This.

OTP

I know this is a bait thread, but context is important. Eva came out a time where nothing but hot blooded screaming robot pilots were the norm. Having a mental case shy kid as the protagonist was genre breaking

Bump.

The reason you can call them generic is because all the shows that came after them modeled their characters after them. OP is a fucking moron.

>despite all that it managed to spawn the best girl in all of anime
>and a war that has been raging for 20+ years with no sign of stopping

So did they just blow most of their remaining budget on Episode 20? The animation is great in that episode, and then a lot of the remaining six episodes are just clips from previous episodes

i guess they knew they could just redo the ending in a movie anyway so why waste money doing it right in the original airing

Shinji is THE whiny emo protag, thank you very much.