So what do you think is going on, in aggregate? Is this a future image of our civilization...

So what do you think is going on, in aggregate? Is this a future image of our civilization, or is it something otherworldly? Do the girls and the other survivors have any hope of making some sort of sustainable life outside the city?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZNOCm0PBYCQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Is this a future image of our civilization, or is it something otherworldly?
Are you asking if it's SF or it's a mixture of fantasy (as in another world/heavy altered reality) and SF?
If that's what you're asking then I would say it's the former in my opinion.

Yeah, that's bascially what I meant. TVTropes said it "isn't of our world", but besides the extent to which that is clearly and trivially true, I didn't think that was correct. I thought it was clearly intended to be an extrapolation of our current technology in robotics, arcologies, and hydroponics.

Yuuri is me

>TVTropes

they are in limbo

I think it's more of a future image of our civilisation. It isn't as if it has shown us anything completely otherworldly yet. Considering how a lot of things they remark upon still seem similar to our civilisation too. They mention stuff like "I wonder what chocolate tastes like", which I'm almost sure is supposed to make us, as the viewers/readers to connect the dots and say that this is basically an image of our civilisation, just much, much further into the future.

your in limbo

No, you are in limbo.

no, YOU’RE are in limbo!

NO YUURI ABUSE

YES YUU ABUSE

The war wasn't that long ago if they still have useable and consistent uniforms

Chito better not let this chance escape and hit Yuu's sweet manko before they die. Yuu is hot. In an alternate school girl setting universe, Yuu won't even notice Chito.

> In an alternate school girl setting universe, Yuu won't even notice Chito.
And if Kanazawa was made of steel he would be a robot.
What kind of bizarre reasoning are you making there?

I meant Yuu is hot. Chito is not. The wouldn't be friends least of all lovers.

Hot people can be friends with ugly people, user

C'mon now, stop playing with your crystal ball and simply enjoy their last tour.

If my mother had wheels she would have been a bike.

I really like Yuu.

It's a failed space colony. After the environment went to shit, everyone abandoned it except for some stragglers. It's why you never see skeletons laying around.

Wasn’t she already the village bike?

Everyday until you like it

If my grandmother had wheels she would be a wheelbarrow.

where did you get this picture of me

I hate it.

Why is it called LAST TOUR? are they going to die? i swear to god this is fucking year of sad anime or what.

Well everyone dies eventually. I think it just means that it's one of the final times that people walk the earth or whatever.

Anyone translate 雨だれの歌 yet? I wanna know what the potatoes are singing.

Kek

Is she wearing a potato?

I think she is. She knew it was coming.

I like thumbnail Yuu better. She looks more retarded.

mou owaranai

Who is the enemy they are fighting? Is this Germany vs Russia?

There is no enemy. Unless you mean things like hunger and cold.

What? There was a battle shown in the first episode that they were fleeing from. Isn't the blonde girl a German soldier?

The fighting is between different post-apocalyptic tribes competing for resources in the ruins of a hyper-advanced civilization.
They use WWII-era gear despite it being thousands of years old by the time the show takes place.

They might have pulled them out of an old surplus pile though. I've never seen any evidence that they've actually had military training.

Post-apocalyptic tribes don't have uniforms and tracked vehicles and packaged military rations. The blonde chick is even wearing a German stahlhelm plus she acts like she has some military training. There are obviously nation-state armies fighting in this show. I just want to know who are the good guys and who are the bad guys.

Just because they have uniforms doesn't mean that they come from an organized society. There are nowhere near enough people left for things like nation-states to exist.
By the time SSR takes place Germany and Russia are as dead as the Roman Empire is today.

Why did you post the censored version?

My bet's on them being on a colonization space ship. The city planning is just too terrible for it to be either organic or centrally engineered.

Sup Forums isn't ready to accept the complete truth.

You're clearly never been to a city in real life.

Is this show going to be a cult classic?

今世界が動き出した
あらゆる音楽とともに
ふと気がづけば、いつまでも
そう、繰り返すように
降り出した雨の音は
ずっと遠くまで響いた
終わることない道の果てまで
そう、届いているはず
どこまでも歩いてく
君と手をつなぎながら
いつか辿り着いたその時は
共に笑えるように

Now the world has started moving
to every kind of music
You might just happen to notice
that it repeats forever
The sound of the passing rain
that resounded throughout the distance
should reach you even at the end of the unending road
I will walk anywhere
with your hand in mine
so as to laugh with you someday
when our striving finally ends

well done, user

Romaji:

Ima sekai ga ugokidashita
arayuru ongaku to tomoni
futo ki ga dzukeba, itsu made mo
so, kurikaesu yo ni
furidashita ame no oto wa
zutto okumade hibiita
owaru koto nai michi no hate made
so, todoite iru hazu
doko made mo aruite ku
kimi to te wa tsunaginagara
itsuka tadori tsuita sonotoki
wa tomoni waraeru yo ni

It's not my work, some anonymous stranger posted it earlier.

It's not a Mushishi, but it plays in the top league. This show will be mentioned along with Non Non Biyori, Aria, Sora no Woto, Flying Witch in the coming years.

Chito is literally me.

>watch blame
>watch

7 layers of hell which turn out to be cleansing the soul for heaven. its like an anime Jacob's Ladder

youtube.com/watch?v=ZNOCm0PBYCQ

I haven't yet read the manga, but I assume that there are only three possible ultimate endings:
1. They die. Sad ending.
2. They, with others, build a town and settle down.
3. They settle down in an already-built town.
This just doesn't seem like a series where an "And the journey continues" end is possible.
Of course, these would be ultimate endings, endings for the manga, I have no doubt that the anime will end with "And the adventure continues in the manga."

I see it as the opposite. The show is about living your life wherever you are as its primary theme, and the best way to show that in the end would be to have their travels continue on indefinitely.

Those aren't the endings that I want, they're just the ones I see as most likely.

Nah, that's Kino. Potatoes are for enjoying shall things even with inevitable end in sight.

I wonder what Yuuri and Chito did during the war?
Based on the first ep, I think Yuuri was a sniper and Chito was her spotter.