Kimi no na wa deserves its popularity

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14359384
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FUCK IM CRYING AGAIN
terveisin tranny

A BOY

Only Miyazakicucks disagree

Even if it did, there are plenty of better movies which deserve that kind of success more than it does.

Not really, none of Shinkai's works really deserve their acclaim.

NO

Never forget

This shit really had a door fetish
>character opens door
>better have a specific scene with the door opening

What's her name again?

no?

Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale was a better movie.

Yes it does, unlike Evangelion with shit tier girls.

It's always nice to get an anime that doesn't have characters with severe mental disorders or autism. Even if it is a movie.

The ending was shit tier. Made the movie go from a 9/10 to a 6/10 for me.

This basically, just a normal 2D girl with a normal life.

Moana was a better movie.

that's a man

Mitsubishi

name 5

It doesn't.

Night on the Galactic Railroad
My Neighbour Totoro
Only Yesterday
Ghost in the Shell
Perfect Blue

Fuck off. This isn't /wsr/.

Fuck you

My neighbor Totoro is annoying and more underrated than Your name

It was good but Silent Voice was better.

I mean if I had to choose between that ending and yet another Shinkai's 2deep4u I ain't telling you shit figure it out yourself endings I'd pick the one we got 10 times out of 10.

He'll go on to make another 5-10 movies with the same kind of open ending within his lifetime anyway, especially since the success of this one will probably allow him to write whatever the fuck forever.

No, (You) go fuck yourself. There are rules, you respect themselves, you mongoloid asshole from outside.

*you respect them
Fuck, I'm tired.

Shut the fuck up

It's not annoying and probably not more underrated but its more deserving of Your Name's success

I'm a Miyazakicuck and I thought Kimi no na wa was excellent.

Silent Voice is a bit too edgy for my taste, I don't like seeing cute girls getting violently bullied.

Fuck off.
For the last fucking time, idiots like you are not welcome here.

>muh sekrit club

What the fuck?

SAO Ordinal Scale was unironically pretty enjoyable too. This past year was actually pretty amazing with in this corner of the world, a silent voice, your name, sao: os, and ngnl:zero all being fantastic in their own ways.

>I don't like seeing cute girls getting violently bullied
Literally nobody in the world would ever EVER do that to a little cute disabled girl who's just trying her best to fit in, under any circumstance. This was actually kind of a dealbreaker to me.

>Literally nobody in the world would ever EVER do that to a little cute disabled girl who's just trying her best to fit in, under any circumstance.
Yes they would. The cruelty of children knows no bounds.

It fucking does.

/thread

It's Japan, m8. Anybody who sticks out gets bullied, and then everyone joins in on the bullying because they don't want to stand out.
One of the pitfalls of a collectivist society.

North America is like that too though

that's how kids in all walks of life work, my dude. japan isn't an outlier.

Stories like that make feel more depressed than I already am, sometimes I want a wholesome love story.

I'm a yuropeen so I wouldn't know but I'm firmly convinced that shit like that just doesn't happen. The name calling and pushing shit is common but to trash several hearing aids and continuing the ordeal after the person cries in your face telling you they're 'trying their best' has to take a kind of sociopaty that needs to be developed with years of social inadequacy. I ain't buying that shit.

>to trash several hearing aids and continuing the ordeal after the person cries in your face telling you they're 'trying their best'
I've seen way worse than that happen to kids at public schools in Canada.

Way, way worse.

>continuing the ordeal after the person cries in your face telling you they're 'trying their best'
Ishida didn't bully her after that though. In fact he stopped bullying her once he became the target of bullying.

In Shouya's defence, he did stop after she cried in his face. And bullying was rampant at my elementary school, a fucking Catholic school in Canada of all places.

mamoru chad >>>>> chinkai

are you an alien or benjamin button? kids are fucking ruthless

Now that the dust has settled, what was the better time travel romance story?

strawpoll.me/14359384

I just watched this after watching 5cm per seconds, and I definitely enjoyed the movie.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time was probably the most uninteresting anime I have ever seen.
I didn't even like Your Name, but I might have to give it to Shinkai on this one.