Do we need more stylish and cool manga/anime?

Do we need more stylish and cool manga/anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dkbwnSmKeVw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Anime op song is top tier
>Anime op visuals are shit tier

>toei anime
Well no shit. That's like calling water wet. Any mangaka that sells out their soul to Toei doesn't care about their manga to begin with. Just let that sink in for a bit

I loved the anime, but I know that the manga gets wack about half way through, so i'm afraid to read it. Also Akito is best girl.

Have you seen the OVA?

>Kazu vs Nike OVA never

Bump

Yah

Oh! Great is a god.

As long as its not written by Oh! Great

Bump

Yes. God the Anime was so shit. It had none of the style in the visuals but all of it in the music

no
fuck cool

pretty sure Oda cares about his manga a lot
just not the anime

youtube.com/watch?v=dkbwnSmKeVw

Yes
Not by Oh! Great though

Taking in count Air Gear is the greatest series ever made, is gonna be hard to achieve something similar.

True

Yes. But written by someone competent.
One project that would be cool is art by Oh! Great, written by Rei Hiroe and Sandrovich Yabako, possible anime by madhouse.

>Akito is best girl
A man of taste.
Also, it does get wack, but there are a few good fights after the arc it left on. Also, the manga is cool enough visually that parts you watched may be worth a reread.

No, we need Oh! Great to stop writing his own manga and team up with an actual writer

And make it extra chunni and over the top of course at that point.
Go big or go home user.

He already has, problem is that Biorg Trinity's writer is around the same level of fucked.

This show gave me my sexual awakening

>all these pussies don't like the crazy of Oh! Great or kurayzee of Ohtaro Maijo
Even in Rome there were less plebs

>oda cares a lot
His characters are sock puppets promoting literal gambling. Oda does not give a single damn

This, stylistically, some of the fights/character designs are some of the most godly, visually interesting things you will ever see, even if they make less sense or whatever.

baiogu tirinito just finished without anime adaptation

I did, didn't like it though because I didn't know what was going on, and it was too serious. I liked the bantz between riders or whatever, didn't get into the super powers in the air tek
That scene where Akito kisses Itsuki.. did things for me as a 14 year old

>I did, didn't like it though because I didn't know what was going on, and it was too serious. I liked the bantz between riders or whatever, didn't get into the super powers in the air tek

At least the animation is better in the OVA than in the anime.

>Goofy shounen are more likely to be successful
>the boat loads of moe/SoL anime
>shitty isekai from some third rate LN

guess we could use more of them, as long as we don't get something as unnecessarily convoluted + shit pacing like OG & Kubo.

Bump

This is supposed to be roller skating right?

That's where this series is kinda dumb. Starts off as a series where people compete using enhanced roller blades. Then you get to stuff like the MC learning to manipulate air, in a way not involving the tech at all. He just has a training arc where he trains his body.

Bump

Sauce?

I feel like series like Air Gear, early Bleach, Buso Renkin, Psyren, ect. were from a different time. Like they don't make MC's like those anymore.

Unfortunately i dont think that the "cool character/manga" concept appeals anymore

Legitimate question. How did we get from then to now? Why are shonen MCs overall less masculine now? Female demographic started playing a bigger role?

Its not just the shift of the market to moe/fujo stuff. Shonen has been a gender that has been existing and overproduced for almost 30 years. It was natural for it to slowly start dying.
And if you think about it, as you go back the years, the more masculine the protagonists.

You don't want to get called generic so you have to change the tone to stand out.

I think Japan's taste just changed over time, same could be said for the rest of the world really. Shounen MC's used to have manly men or men in general then more delinquent life style became pretty popular, then just skiny asshole or asshole in general MC's was the norm, now feels like a mix bag of bishi and cute MC's. Not saying it was nothing but all those things back then, just that those types of MC's were common back then. People's prefence just change, same can be said for western cartoons too.

Didn't the manga got a sequel?
Or was it a single extra chapter?

It was a single extra chapter.

I think that it was announced a series of new chapters that I guess you can count as a "sequel", so far there's just one out but there's supposed to be more soon.

Really? I didn't know that. I thought it was just one extra chapter.

Not sure, was repeating what I heard, you also have the "Expect more from Air Gear" at the end of the chapter, that's why I said "I think".

This manga was way too much style over substance.
What they did to Simca was a fucking insult.

Literally this manga personifies everything that is wrong with shounen manga turning into battle manga.

Bump

>there's supposed to be more soon
That chapter came out two years ago, so I don't think it's happening.

Biorg Trinity is so much like a normal Oh!Great work that I could almost believe the other guy's name just got slapped on it. It's got the convoluted story, who-the-fuck-knows 2deep stuff, the bodyswapping, the shit tier main girl and top tier side girl, the crazy monster/mechanical powers, etc.

>two years ago
Where is time going?

You have no idea how scared typing that sentence made me.

>the shit tier main girl and top tier side girl
I can't remember the last time I was so mad at an MC's shit taste. This shit makes Ringo winning seem reasonable - yeah, Oh!Great accidentally made her a murderous bitch (I'm convinced he did it without even realizing), but at least she was a nice enough person otherwise and had a decent dynamic with MC. Main girl here is barely even on screen with MC and has no personality to speak of. MC turning down Kiwa was fucking retarded.

>Unfortunately i dont think that the "cool character/manga" concept appeals anymore

That's sad to hear.

I'd point a finger to One Piece

>RRK, YYH, DBZ, among several successful action shonen had a more serious artstyle, often times presenting cool character designs
>In comes OP, an action series with goofy and bizarre designs.
>well received, it sends the message it's ok to present an action shonen with cartoonish art, and less cooler characters, while still presenting a serious, if not often dark tone & story.
>Shaman King, Rave, HxH, FT, Zatch Bell, Reborn, plus several other series that didn't see as much success and recognition followed suit.

artstyle-wise, it's beginning to shift back to a balance of both serious & cartoonish designs now, but the idea of a "pure" MC who's just a big child at heart is still a thing. for that, you may want to refer to Goku.

Bump

If a series has no style it's shit to begin with.

True

I only remember fapping to that page where the bad guy was getting fixed or something