Made in abyss

Made in Abyss is one of the greatest anime we've seen this decade, discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

qrates.com/artists/13017/items/14365
youtube.com/watch?v=KPxSS1zHWwQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

More like the most QUALITY anime we've seen this decade.

The first 2 and final 3 episodes are. Those bordered perfection. But including the mid part? Nope.

mid part was by far the best

I thought the 3rd layer episodes were good too.

Ozen episodes were the one that sucked, particularly the fight. Beyond that the eps were 7+

there is already a named made in abyss thread OP you dope

I WANT TO RAPE NANACHI

Good mango, shit anime.

124 of you guys need to buy this record so i can get my copy faster.
qrates.com/artists/13017/items/14365

>vinyl
I'm not buying a meme disk

>greatest anime
>story is not resolved in the episodes given

then it's not remotely in the greatest category

if the story has not reached it's completion in the 12/24/ X number of episodes then it can't be considered one of the BEST anime

great anime sure but not one of the best

>equating quality with conclusion
I don't call unfinished series "perfect", but it closes the lose ends up so neatly it's still got to be the best season ending of all time.

>it's still got to be the best season ending of all time
Seriously? MiA best seasonal ending of all time? More like
MiA S2 where they enter the Altar of Absolute Boundary best seasonal ending of all time.

Mir part was kinda weak but it had strong start and strong end. Mid part was still good but just not as good as the rest

>anime

why would you watch anime when there's the manga?

theres stuff i liked more in the anime, like some of the pacing. also the colors and music were fantastic. their both great in their respective rights

theyre* im tired

Because the soundtrack and VA direction are fucking fantastic. But the art direction pales of course, that's universal in anime unless the source material is actual garbage.

The pacing was great for sure. I read the manga after seeing the anime. It was great, but you could tell to see how the adaption could've easily been all edge and moe with no buildup. The art and music along with it was a real treat, too. I felt like Hanezeve Caradhina contributed a lot to the mood, and really stood out for an anime track.

youtube.com/watch?v=KPxSS1zHWwQ

The line in pic related might have been the first moment I'v teared up at an anime since I was a teenager.

watching the anime first made it a 9/10 at least

The whole Nanachi arc after she says to kill Mitty for her had me in this sort of strange mix of confusion and sadness that I've never felt before. That alone set it as one of, if not the, best anime I have ever watched. And yeah, the OST is absolutely superb. I got the CD in today, going to listen to it in the car on the way to work.

Hanezeve Caradhina is amazing, its first appearance is when I knew this had real potential.

I thought it was interesting how Nanachi's personality is retroactively explained. The story introduces fluffy bunny-kid character who acts standoffish around affection. At first it felt like the personality was purely for the sake of cuteness or something. Then later it's mentioned how other children would show affection for Nanachi and her fluffy appearance before Nanachi is made to assist in surgically turning each child into a "cartridge". It's like there's some guilt that's only implied in the second watch-through. Not to mention the fact that her appearance which others praise is the result of offloading the curse to her one and only friend .

I haven't read the manga yet (life shit in the way), but you explaining it only makes the anime better. It's quite subtle, I definitely didn't (and wouldn't have anyways) noticed that the first time through.

Another thing I love about the story was how it's constantly making point of how difficult descending into the abyss it. It's the whole backbone of the story. For that reason, you KNOW that when shit hits the fan, there is 0% chance of [friendly character from earlier] jumping in to save the day. That particular deus ex machina thing happens all the time in other anime/manga. The fact that you can always think "Things are looking bad. Maybe MC's friends 50 miles away will pop in to save the day?" keeps dangerous moments feeling somewhat safe. Made in Abyss doesn't always have this feeling.

It's also interesting just how many hints the anime drops. Episode 11 shows Human Mitty, then Bondrewd praising Nanachi about the cartridges.
Then all that's left is wondering where in world did Nanachi learn so much about surgery.
Why is Nanachi so low on Sup Forums's Deserved It scale?

Nanachi experimented a lot on Mitty, remember? I'm sure cutting Mitty up and then sewing her back together to try and atone for what she did gave her some practical skills. Also because she never did deserve it, it was sort of forced on her. Sure, some of it is of her own creation, but not that much.

Helping Bondrewd with cartridges and also kidnapping raiders and experimenting on them to find a way to help Mitty.
Where do you think did Nanachi get all those whistles from?

episode*

I've only seen a few random episodes with my friend whos a fan
Whats the consensus on Ozen, I like her

>Whats the consensus on Ozen

tall

people only like Nanachi because we want to stick our dicks in her fluff

One of my more emotional friends got up to this episode right before his PC broke.
After a month of me not being able to talk about it to him his PC is finally fixed.

Waiting to see if it destroys him emotionally or not

You didn't drop any hints about the lighthearted elevator friendship bonding scene?

I really wanted to but decided against it.
He asked "Why is Nanachi a rabbit girl?" since he knew I read the manga.
Just told him "Its part of the curse of the abyss. From a lower level"

Made in Abyss is one of the greatest nanachi plushies when we've seen this decade, discuss.

You make a better friend than me.

Idk man. Moths are pretty fluffy too.

in a hitech city, a street gang attacks a corporation's tower and tries to extort money out of the CEO
the CEO, who is three days from retirement and hates his employees, tells them "Fuck it, you can have the whole thing" and signs the company over to their boss before jetpacking out the window straight to his vacation home
now the gang has to figure out how the hell to keep a company profitable
done in the tone of G.T.O.

lol, which thread were you aiming for?

I told one of my friends it's a romcom. Took him until episode 8 to figure out what's really up.

fuck, I was aiming for the 'anime you wish existed' thread
this is what I get for frontpage-posting

>Took him until episode 8 to figure out what's really up.

geez

Why do you have friends that would watch a romcom? I wouldn't have watched the show if I thought it was going to be that empty.

Get in line

All I remember was NNNAAAAA

They got me to watch Toradora and Kuragehime by promising they're great romcoms. They weren't exactly wrong.

The anime felt more like 5 episodes.
Holy shit why is this so good.

That's right. I'm Ozen.

Where can I find all the Ozen images in this style? I've seen a lot of these posted randomly.

The internet.

God dammit. If only they had more episodes to actually animate the Bondrewd arc. I could easily see this series being so much higher rated/ranked. Anime watchers will never know the true greatness of that arc

Wake me up when 43 is out

Pixiv. They are in packs of 50~

Plot twist - that's what the skeletons from the beginning were praying for.

is this just a meme anime or is it worth watching

It's well worth watching user.

Yes

Hah... haha... ah, you should make him finish the season.

Very cute

You wake up.see this.What do?

Go back to sleep

Damn MIA was hard to watch in a good way i mean

What's the chance of them finding this compass again on the bottom of the 6th/7th layer e discover that it points somewhere else and stuff?

Just finished it. My eyes are still red and sore, but I'm glad that I watched it. I haven't read the manga yet, but I plan on starting first thing tomorrow. What are the chances of getting an S2 in the near future? When does the pain stop?

Whenever Riko hugs Nanachi Reg gets jealous and tries to do the same.

Wait a minute, this post...

>What are the chances of getting an S2 in the near future?
About 1 in 10000
>When does the pain stop?
Never

Wonder why is her face towards mine, and not her ass.

It's worth reading
Terrible adaptation

Was it not well received, or is the jury still out on how well it did?

It was well received but the sales were mediocre.
Also there are not enough chapters to make a single cour s2. So we might have another SnK in our hands.

Why though?
This was when the show picked up a bit, if anything the previous couple of eps were a bit of a slog.

Pray.

There's still a thread up you dumb faggot.

That's right, i am Fluffzen.

I'd give anything to be abused on a daily basis by Ozen

Survival bump

>my tail is not fluff enough you disgusting worthless parody on a man, brush it again 1000 times and if you fail this time expect 3 more nights in the dungeon

A simple bump bumps the thread once. A bait, even a poorly made one, bumps the thread 2+ times.

Y-yes Ozen-sama!

are you ready?

Subarashiii your tears makes Ozen happy

Th-then I'll cry as much as I can... for you.