Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou

Why is Titus so rude and anti-fun?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZNOCm0PBYCQ
thingiverse.com/thing:2635032
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

She just can't accept the fact that Yuu is smarter, stronger and more honed for survival than her.

Bump

I want to marry the authoress of this anime. She sounds like she'd be a good wife. Depressed women like her makes me want to protect her.

It's just banter you thin skinned baby

If you have Yuuri as your wife you'd lean toward the anti-fun side too, if only to keep her in check.

>3d

>Being pro-fun

She has to be anti-fun to balance out Yuu, otherwise they'd both probably be dead already.

>not being pro-funs

Because Yuu is a dumb airhead that needs to get bullied.

How much longer for full Op, Ed and RU RU RU RU?

Seeing Chii-chan crying and getting drunk out of despair really broke me inside.
If she didn't have Yuu's breasts to rest her head on she probably would have sliced her wrists in that bath.

WIDER DAMMIT

youtube.com/watch?v=ZNOCm0PBYCQ

3 weeks.

this kind of shit should be illegal

Why do they wear different helmets?

They were on opposite sides of the war but decided to run away after they fell in love.

Different roles.

It's the Chino factor.

Is this Yuuri?

Yes.

Kami desu.

>The statues look like Chito
>Chito is Titus
>Titus statue

so was Yuuri a field medic?

Chito actually, they swapped helmets, notice the matching symbol on her shoulder.
Would Yuu ever be a medic ? Too dumb.

>they swapped helmets
I don't know why, but I find that adorable.

>bringing the bantz
>anti-fun

How do you know they didn't swap jackets? Chito seems oddly defensive of her helmet. Which, if it's actually Yuuri's, is even more adorable.

Why do people keep saying this?
Medic helmets have a more prominent red cross logo.

I don't know this shit, man. It's not common sense.

They have very different statures, I don't imagine they would fit in each other jackets.

Anyway, I doubt they were ever soldiers, they probably looted their equipment, or got it in surplus.

where did Yuu learn to shoot and Chito learn to operate the kettengrad?

>tfw no anime about marble busts

user...

Maybe medic helmets look different in the future

S

Their care-taker (didn't they mention a grand-father at some point ?) probably taught them before sending them off when the war reacher their former home.
cf 1st episode flash back, they're waving to someone who seems to be staying behind.

HOOOOOOONK

I want to help these two girls repopulate the world!

Remember that people in this world emulate WW2-era technology without properly understanding it.
Maybe they just thought the cross was for decoration, and didn't bother finding red paint for it.

Can you imagine how much self-control it took for the map dude to hang out with them and not bring up the topic of repopulation?

I don't know, but historically big red crosses have been more popular than tiny grey crosses.

This could be it.

Maybe it's faded white, or maybe it's covered in snow.

He was probably a faggot.

The +. symbol seems to be the symbol associated with their original group.

More like he was scared shitless that they would rape him, kill him, roast him, and eat him.
He parted with them as soon as possible and offered his last possession beside his life in hope that they wouldn't come after him later.

I think the title implies that they were. "Tour" has the military connotation of "tour of duty" meaning period of deployment. Then again I don't know if the original Japanese carries that same meaning.

I'll take your word for the english word since I'm ESL, but I really doubt it's the case in japanese.
At the very least it would be a much more rare usage, as I've never encountered it, so I don't think it would be enough to deduce they used to be soldiers.

How about the fact that it's their "last tour?" Doesn't that imply prior "tours?"

The original Japanese 旅行 is used to describe trips or journeys, although now that you mention it, "last tour" does make for a nice subtle double entendre if their military backgrounds do turn out to be canon.

Shuumatsu
しゅうまつ 終末
Noun, No-adjective
1. an end; a close

Shuumatsukiityou, using the same 2 1st kanji
しゅうまつきいりょう 終末期医療
Noun
1. terminal care; end-of-life care

I think 終末, the word they translated to "last", is more focused on not having any further tours, rather than there being previous ones.
But I don't fucking know man, your guess is as good as mine.

And reading further in the dico page :
終末もの
Wikipedia definition
1. Apocalyptic and post-apocalyptic fiction

I think that's why the author chose to use 終末
Something like "The girls are taking a trip in the apocalypse".

yeah that's tough, it might even be something as vague as "tour of the end-times."

>wormwood
What did tkmiz mean by this?

Doesn't the scanlation use something like "Girls' Apocalypse Adventure"? That's always felt more appropriate than "Last Tour".

they gon get get high i guess

I found some chains

What's wormwood ?

in Revelation, it says a star will fall from the sky turning a third of the oceans into "wormwood." It's also the name of one of the demons in C.S. Lewis' "The Screwtape Letters." And it's the active hallucinogen (though that's disputed) in absinthe.

Print your own Kettenkrad.

thingiverse.com/thing:2635032

Let's start with the ed :

The very first frames are what appears to be the kettenkrad's keys falling in the water.
And toward the end you see their camera, one of their most precious possession, falling to the ground and breaking.
Very last frames, Chito closes her eyes, and we see the two girls laying next to each other in the kettenkrad.
Are they sleeping, or did they lay there to die after their rations ran out ?

Now the op :

Near the begining we see them riding the kettenkrad, and for a split second, it crashes in something.
Might just be humourous, as it happened to them before, but why is it so brief ?
Sublimal message ?

And, I think most telling of all, the last frames again :
Panning shot coming from the sky/heaven, showing a tower, like all those they have been climbing for years maybe, going up to the heavens.
Then the girls, still riding the kattenkrad, continuing their journey.
But then, at the very bottom of this panning shot, what is it ?
Two helmets, their jacket with the gloves hodling hands ?
Laid on, what, a slab of stone ? A GRAVE ?

So here is my take on all this :

The ed seems to be more figurative, showing their daily life : riding the kettenkrad, playing in the snow, resting around a fire.
While the op is more symbolic, for example them getting loaded in a rifle and shoted as bullets, obviously a symbol of when they where chased from their previous life by the war.

So the ed foreshadows what's going to happen : material failures leading to starvation because they can't move fast enough to find food.
While the op symbolizes their travel coming to a hard stop (kattenkrad crashing) and how their souls are going on a last trip to heaven, ready to climb this last tower.

The girls won't survive this tour.
The studio will break the pattern of adapting 2/3 manga chapter per episode and go straight to the end when the kettenkrad breaks down and the girls end up dying of starvation and exposure.
Tkmiz knows there are only a few chapters left so no S2 because not enough material.
So they said to the studio to kill the girls in the end to respect the spirit of the manga, though how they die might differ so as not the spoil the readers.

Screencap this.
(Those are all completely wild speculations, I know.)

also why are the helmets on their arms in the last frame of the OP? is it because they are "army" helmets?

Hey user I just wanted to thank you for spoiling how the manga ends and then using "spoiler tags" for something that wasn't even a spoiler.

The manga isn't over so I can't spoil the ending.
And I personally hold that anyone whose enjoyment of a story is spoiled by knowing the ending is a brainlet whose opinion should be discarded.
So, you're most welcome.

Funny, I feel the same way about people who use the word "brainlet."

Well feel free to discard my opinion dude, and go try to find a mod to ban me for spoiling material that hasn't even been written yet.

deepest lore.

What sort of autistic fan theories has this show generated so far? And what is this about the author being depressed?

>What sort of autistic fan theories has this show generated so far?

Scroll up one page and read.

Thin potato

> And what is this about the author being depressed?
Check his Flan doujins.

Author is a depressed female.
Yuu and chito are hidamaris

[HorribleSubs] Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou - 06 [720p].mkv

>Laid on, what, a slab of stone ? A GRAVE ?
Wrong perspective, the greyish area is more like a wall, and the helmets are superimposed on top of it.

There are two of those on sad panda, a lewd one and a sad one, but I heard there were more of those.
Does anyone knows where to find them ?

link or gtfo

Baited, he does this every week

Look at this loser and laugh.

>What sort of autistic fan theories has this show generated so far?
Author is a cute lesbian girl in their 20s who somehow needs to be saved from suicide by Sup Forums anons.

Baka.

Your parents must be very disappointed.

I thought the author was male

Can a male even be this perfect?

>>autistic fan theory
Spoiler: he is.

Fun fact: The wormwood plant (Artemisia vulgaris) is called чорнобиль or "chornobyl" in Ukrainian. Coupled with this part from the bible:
"The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water— the name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter." (Rev 8:10–11)
quite a few people believe the Chernobyl disaster was the third sign of the apocalypse. There's a statue in the outer zone depicting the third angel blowing his trumpet, and I was told there are "pilgrims" coming to the place once or twice every year.

Weird shit.

I think so!

Absinthe