How does this compare to Fate/Zero...

How does this compare to Fate/Zero? F/Z is one of my favorite shows of all time (not just in animation but in all of media) however I was disappointed in Unlimited Blade Works, It just didn't have the atmosphere and interesting, well written character dynamics.

Other urls found in this thread:

fatestaynightusa.com/sp/theater/
strawpoll.me/14364409
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>F/Z is one of my favorite shows of all time (not just in animation but in all of media)
You'll love Apocrypha.

>however I was disappointed in Unlimited Blade Works.

LOL

>F/Z is one of my favorite shows of all time (not just in animation but in all of media)

Nice bait thread OP.

is there any site that had uploaded the dubbed version of the first 12 episodes somewhere from Netflix?

>>/wsr/

Nice one.

Don't worry OP, who is objectively correct. Apocryhpa doesn't reach the heights of Zero, but is miles ahead of UBW. It's a bit more dumb fun, but not insultingly so.

I'm sure the ufotable UBW has its defenders, and people will cry secondary, but as an actual show it fails on most levels that Zero succeeded. Its visual novel origin translates into dropped plotlines and unrealized potential in a non-interactive medium. Shirou is unbearable, and Rin is strong and smart until the plot needs her to be weak or dumb. Saber is useless, Illya gets nowhere, Shinji gets nowhere, Sakura gets nowhere, giant goo monster final battle, and worst of all the tone of the show validates Shirou's nonsense. I'm sorry but Zero was just vastly superior. Zero has manly adult characters and makes a point to blast all of its characters fault. Kiritsugu gets called on his bullshit. Saber gets called on her bullshit. And best of all, they don't magically get it all resolved in a happy ending. It's a downer, and it should be. Everybody fails because they deserve to fail. Also, the fights are better in Zero, fight me.

>inb4 f/a/ggots fall for this bait.

*mainly adult characters, though manly may apply to some

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Fate/Zero.

Seriously, throw me a bone and counter one problem I have with UBW.

>Sup Forums is still triggered by Zero

Stop bumping the thread samefag.

Swing and a miss!

>Highschool setting
>Teenage characters
>DUDE IT'S ME FROM THE FUTURE LMAO
>Saber somehow less intelligent and confident than she was 10 years ago

Compared to Zero it's trash.

>>Saber somehow less intelligent and confident than she was 10 years ago
Cute Zerobaby.

>Saber
>confident
Reminder that she thinks she's shit and is trying to erase herself from existence

H-ha ha, y-you watched the g-good one f-first, b-b-b-baka!
No one is trying to take your VN away from you, no one is shit talking Fate/Stay Night here. But as an adapted television show, Zero destroys UBW.

>H-ha ha, y-you watched the g-good one f-first, b-b-b-baka!
What? I just thought it was funny that you had 0 understanding of what was going on with Saber.

Apocrypha is shittier than both.
If you want LN Fateshit just read Strange Fake.

Surprisingly, there are actually multiple anons here in support of Zero, I'm not him. I agree that given the events in Zero, Saber should be a sad shit in UBW, btw. It's just funny to me that people who started with F/SN and obviously prefer it because they played it first, thus attach to UBW, mock people who started the franchise with Zero, and prefer it because they saw it first. That is to say, this discussion always devolves in to WHATEVER I SAW FIRST IS BEST, but very rarely have I seen anyone support UBW's proposed superiority with any facts or opinions other than "but my visual novel!"

Apocrypha is absolute dogshit and is completely unrelated to Zero and UBW. Go see Heaven's Feel in theaters if you want a proper follow-up to Zero.
fatestaynightusa.com/sp/theater/

When will this get released on bluray/as a dl?

This is such a horrendous thread.

>secondary
>samefag

Zeroshitters are obnoxious, because they haven't read the VN, but still believe they are knowledgeable enough to discuss the fate universe.

>buy Fate Zero on DVD because fuck me
>dvd skips right when Lancer curses everyone
>exchange set
>skips exactly on the same place
FUCK YOU ANIPLEX

Show me another series that features a nurture vs nature conflict of a character suffering from antisocial personality disorder as he slowly unravels his routine and drone-like functioning and comes to terms with his physiological impulses and reactions.

You must also realize that not everyone went into the series knowing who some of the characters are and what happens at the end, which is also Zero's main flaw as it had to cater to an established narrative which was/is sadly very mediocre.

Fate Zero was good.

The waifu level was low, the characters were interesting, some were linked to Saber's lore.

It had fucking battles.

I don't know the rest, but seeing Fate/Illya and all the pedo yuri bait makes me want to run away from it and not try anything else from the license.

Any work of media/fiction should be regarded as a "closed system" and judged by it's own merits (unless a it directly follows a prior piece like in Star Wars or something), furthermore the death of the author principle can get expanded to basically death of weird external source if the work itself does not specifically reffer to them within it's own presentation.

Saber being too different in UBW is a fair and valid critique.

Just watch DEEN's FSN then. =)

I'd say in about 3-5 months. Why not just see it in theaters?

It's mostly just fights, so it's not as good as Zero, which is the best Fate entry

Fate/Zero>Unlimited Blade Works>Fate Apocrypha

Is this some advanced trolling technique where you counter my argument by validating it? If it's a troll attempt, I commend you, because (You)s. If it's not, then is it autism?

That's what you get for buying anime especially on DVD in current year

Not that guy, but you could tell Kirei was fucked from the start. Why would any adult tell a child they can't guarantee their father's safety? Especially when it's their one fucking job.

Also as someone who read the VN you're really going to find anything you want in this franchise anymore. It's all gatcha fanwank now.

Unless you want to buy a ticket for Heaven's Feel.

>Why would any adult tell a child they can't guarantee their father's safety?
Because it would be a lie? You can say "I'll do my best", but anything beyond that will not be true. If you consider arbitrarily lying to people to be less indicative of mental disorder than sheer honesty, then I don't know what to tell you.

Because I'm from a (relatively) poor slavshit country and I really doubt it's gonna get a screening here although GITS got one in the 90s. Not really sure if it's coming out in Europe at all.

This thread gave me cancer.

I thought Aniplex would be perfect because it's so expensive...

Because he was a drone "enslaved" to the functioning of the Church and it's behavioral mantra which I would assume is honesty to some degree in personal relationships. Without Gilgamesh pushing his buttons he'd just go away most likely (despite being chosen again by the grail)

No.
Watch Prisma Illya instead.

If you just want to see some fun action scenes of Servants clashing then its worth a watch. But it does not compare to Fate/Zero.

Because it's 100% not going to be in theaters in my country.

Reminder:

Phantasm > Fate/Stay Night > Illya >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Apocrypha > Urine >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tsukihime Anime>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Twilight>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fate/Zero

>Apocrypha
>not absolute dog shit

This chart takes Fate as school story and ranks it by amount of schoolgirls in it?
Now I get why so much people ITT hate Zero... it doesn't have neither waifus nor shcools.

It has its moments, like Fran's BA-SA-KA, It makes Apocrypha urine-lvl automatically

Phantasm>Grand Order>Zero>Illya>Apocrypha>Trash>Twilight>Stay Night

Yeah, it has edgelord MC, and LOL-DEEP DARK story. Iskander and Velvet are only good things in whole F/Z

>LOL-DEEP DARK story
Yeah that could be applied to Heaven's Feel as well you moron.

HF is not stand-alone story. It's just one of 3 stories in FSN. And there at least is some good motifs, not just edgy-trash for 15yo kiddies It's trash for 15.5yo

>lol people want DEEP_DARK story that's for 15yo edgy kids, have some schoolgirls/waifus instead
...if this is really what fate is all about?

They hate it because it's a good show and being contrarian is cool.

Poe's law is so far gone in these threads I can no longer tell if OP is bait. People here know exactly what to write to rile up the fanbase but step outside of Sup Forums and you'll find shit like this said unironically. So let's put it to a vote

strawpoll.me/14364409
>strawpoll.me/14364409
strawpoll.me/14364409
>strawpoll.me/14364409
strawpoll.me/14364409

He is the exact opposite of an edgelord, has clear ideals and a love for humanity.
>Dark story
It is dark and edgy but done very well in a tasteful manner.

Sup Forums only dislikes Zero because it doesn't have waifushit, which is all the Fate fanbase cares about.

YES

>It's dark therefore it's bad
Are you actually underage?

Thanks, now I get it.
I musn't contact Fate fanbase ever and just enjoy it alone, as everyone only cares about waifus.
But on the matter - Medusa best girl

The OP is probably bait, but there plenty of posters who legitimately agree with its sentiment. Same with all the anti-loli sentiment being thrown around in the wake of thread deletions, it's par for the course but it's getting worse than usual.

Honestly, Sup Forums needs pruning. /jp/ was right all along, we should've had kana and ideally kanji captchas introduced years ago, it's a little harsh but it'd keep a lot of the fucking chaff out.

>F/Z is one of my favorite shows of all time (not just in animation but in all of media) however I was disappointed in Unlimited Blade Works
KEK, gets me everytime.

but UBW and DEEN are only male power fantasy harem disguised as shounen battle for loser self-insertion

I genuenly never knew that Fate was all about waifus and anything that's not about them is considered "bad" by its fanbase.
For me F/Z will always stay the best of Fate (ok', HF is fine too).

>not absolute dog shit
Nobody’s talking about his childish wish-fulfillment mobage with SoL, RomCom, Ecchi, Harem and beach episode, get out

>Strange Fake.
Strange fake is a generic and cliché american shounen

Not him, but there's only one thing which is bad with Fate/Zero — Zerofags who compare their shit with other Fates.

Zero > Phantasm > Apocrypha > Twilight > Stay Night >>>> shit >>>> Prisma > Grand Order

I've read the VN. It's the most slow paced boring shit ever (which is bad since there's no interesting themes). Fate/Zero blows it out by a long shot.

Fate fans are the most insufferable people I've ever seen. Instead of actually trying to prove any points or explain their opinions they just say "secondary zeroshiter lol" and prove the other persons voice.

>comparing shit with shit
You sure showed him, user

hello wish-fulfillmentfag, How are you doing today?

user Fate/zero reuses the same theme from the VN and just turns it into edgy nihilistic garbage, I don't think you know what you're talking about.

oops meant for

If anyone is chaff here it's the F/SN retards who have yet to write a decent post as to why UBW is a better show than F/Z and don't actually critisize F/Z with any fleshed out opinions.

It's also funny since all the waifufags are probably newfriends who probably don't even remember the shitstorm that was SEED Destiny that lead to the creation of /m/ or Lanced Jack or even Endless Eight.
People are old enough to have families now so forgive us for not indulging in waifu garbage.

They hate it because they're upset that it overshadowed Fate/SN.

I don't even think F/Z is bette rthan FS/N, but why do some people like to say F/Z is so bad, when its pretty good?

I understand if its to retaliate against the people who say F/SN sucks without reading the VN though, fuck them.

It's all the same shit. Zerofags just the most obnoxious of fatefags.

Most TMfags enjoy Zero, it's a simple story that's a nice cheery on top of stay night. It's just no one likes zerofags

>webm
Top Kek

gynophobia + blush

>the most obnoxious of fatefags.
absolutely wrong, gotards from reddit, MAL and /fgog/ are the most obnoxious of fatefags.

It's less about liking F/Z over UBW and more about completely missing the point of Fate and TM at large, assuming that F/Z is just "the one good bit" of the greater whole when all it does is repackage a lot of the same principles and themes from the rest of the franchise. Obviously not all of them do that, but a casual glance at the thread shows off the ones that do.
>If I throw out all these well-known old Sup Forums facts people won't think I'm a newfag
Honestly, I don't care either way. That's not the problem. The problem is no one wants to discuss Fate with people who only know part of the series, like someone read The Hobbit and thinks they're a Tolkein expert or something.
People who could pass a kana or kanji captcha are more likely to know or pick up the full series before shooting their mouth off, and that goes for all series on Sup Forums.
>People are old enough to have families now so forgive us for not indulging in waifu garbage.
No one cares if you made normalfag or not, either, you're not special for it and you're not the only one. It's not anyone else's problem, if you have issue with "waifu anime", take it up with someone who gives a fuck.

Outstandingly bad. Like 1/10 or 2/10 bad.

Why is the guy watching anime with a game controller and why are there charters not in school uniforms on a school uniforms chart?

Jesus

Zero was a nice watch but zerofags are cancer.

>Unironically using the word edgy and acting like it's legitimate criticism
You're just making it really obvious that you're a teenage newfag from reddit or twitch

Reminder not to reply to obvious underage.

pedo

>facebook image
How did you find your way here?

SoLshit

>zerofags are only capable of spamming images

WEW
E
W